IGNORED

Modern Football Irritants

BRISTOL86

27 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Monday night weekend games, what's that about?

Would hate that if we were ever in the top league!!!!!

27 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Monday night weekend games, what's that about?

Would hate that if we were ever in the top league!!!!!

mal-what.gif

and yes, I do get it...

I believe it's being changed now but I felt it was such a waste to play every single England game at Wembley. 

Terrible atmosphere, corporate areas empty after half time and no buzz about playing there.

Touring the country whilst it was being built (which I believe they're doing again?) was much better.

Packed stadiums, great atmosphere and excitement in the towns around the UK where games were played.

5 minutes ago, City169 said:

Whenever Tony Watt scores. (It comes up as T. Watt on the TV and I start sniggering at it, often resulting in getting odd looks)

Tbh most of mine were already covered.

Is that what that was? I assumed it was anytime the gas scored. 

On 4/26/2016 at 09:47, Red-Robbo said:

International breaks in the Second Division.

Should be a system whereby if a club has two first team players unavailable because of international duty they are allowed to apply to the FA for a postponement and if schedulable that will be granted. No need for teams like us to a grind to a halt because England are playing some friendlies. 

In particular international breaks at Easter.

Easter matches, like Boxing Day games, are part of football's long heritage and eagerly looked forward to if you are involved in relegation or promotion battles as a lot can change in a short period (although not quite as much as it used to be now it is only two games instead of three).

Easter is NOT the time for meaningless freindlies.

9 minutes ago, simon uk said:

People like peter reid complaining about foreigners diving, like hes stuck in the 80s and ardiles is the only foreigner around.

Oh and people talking about the good old days in hopeless death trap stadiums.

I wonder if Reid has managed to catch up with Maradona yet.

6 hours ago, simon uk said:

People like peter reid complaining about foreigners diving, like hes stuck in the 80s and ardiles is the only foreigner around.

Oh and people talking about the good old days in hopeless death trap stadiums.

Actually, I think you have struck up a good avenue of dispute. Tell me, is Peter Reid's apparent observation of "foreigners" bringing a diving culture to our game wrong? If so, you should probably refrain from implying that Peter Reid might have a xenophobic streak.

The whole football experience and passion was incredible in the 80's. I would argue it was because of the lack of foreign / International influence. It was all about the Glory, not about the money. Maradona himself, said he could not have scored his miracle goal against England (and Reid) playing any other team in the World, because he would be in Row Z by the time he reached Shilton. Even with the animosity between our Nations at that time, he still recognised the fairplay and sportsmanship that allowed him his greatest goal. To our credit and detriment, our players were honest professionals, even at the very highest level. Our players tried to win the ball fairly (spectacularly unsuccessfully in this case).

As for people talking about the good old days, they were that. Give me the football experience of the 80's over now, any day of the week. My First Ashton Gate experience in 1984 cost me 50 pence. We beat Gillingham 2-0. Give it to me. Terry Cooper putting a team together from nothing, absolutely nothing. Give it to me. Terry Cooper won First Division Championship medals with Leeds, played in a European Cup Final, played against Brazil in the 1970 World Cup and the greatest moment of his football career (His words, not mine), was winning the Freight Rover Trophy at a half-full Wembley in front of us. Give it to me. Joe Jordan and Bob Taylor. Give it to me.

I still get chills when I think of the FA Cup Finals of that decade. I know every finalist, scoreline and winner. It was the pinnacle. The League was secondary and the European Cup was third. Freight Rover Fourth :chant6ez: - Bar the Freight Rover, that has been reversed.

In my opinion, the good old days of English Football were better. Way, way, way better.

Teams wearing next seasons kit on the last day of the current season. 

Also, third kits. The away kit should be designed as such that there is no need for a third. 

Finally, those football boots that now actually resemble boots. They look weird  just buy some decent shinnies ffs. 

Arrrrrrrgh. 

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 21:59, BS4 on Tour... said:

11 games unbeaten now...perhaps that's why they irritate you....five points from safety when he took over...

If you saw them at City recently, you'd understand.....

Archived