IGNORED

Modern Football Irritants

BRISTOL86

There's so much wrong with football that you could debate it all day and not cover everything, but aside from the obvious things like wages, diving etc, what minor things really irritate you about modern football? 

I'll get the ball rolling

- When a player/manager is talking to a team mate and they know the camera is on them, they cover their mouths as if they're government spies swapping intel. Seriously, get over yourselves. 

- When a player is fouled and they go down and grab the ball on their way down, essentially forcing the ref to give the decision their way, as they know the ref is too weak to book them for handball. 

7 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

There's so much wrong with football that you could debate it all day and not cover everything, but aside from the obvious things like wages, diving etc, what minor things really irritate you about modern football? 

- When a player/manager is talking to a team mate and they know the camera is on them, they cover their mouths as if they're government spies swapping intel. Seriously, get over yourselves. 

- When a player is fouled and they go down and grab the ball on their way down, essentially forcing the ref to give the decision their way, as they know the ref is too weak to book them for handball. 

When players take 9 years to put the ball down to take a corner or a free kick. You're gonna smash a football not perform open heart surgery. That and bright boots.

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

Arguing with the ref. 

Allowing players to obstruct opposing players by shielding the ball out of play and moving in a direction other than towards the ball. Has to be obstruction. 

Agree with that. Players surrounding the ref.

4 minutes ago, glynriley said:

One thing that grinds my gears, a player will get booked for kicking the ball away, yet if a player picks the ball up and runs 20 yards from the incident, then drops it, nothing.

Yep that's one of mine too. Every time a decision is made, the offending team feel they have the right to pick up the ball and run away with it.

What the hell is this? 

You see it literally tens of times per game yet authorities clearly don't consider it an issue. Why? 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

People who start threads on football forums moaning about the sport ...

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Arguing with the ref. 

Allowing players to obstruct opposing players by shielding the ball out of play and moving in a direction other than towards the ball. Has to be obstruction. 

As long as the player  is within playing distance of the ball its fine

I think the thing that rankles me the most is that referee's still haven't been given instruction from the FA to penalise diving and generally players being a bit "soft".  Football is a contact sport, big tackles should be encouraged.  Players diving or feigning injury should be booked and ridiculed.

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Arguing with the ref. 

Agree but those have been in football for donkeys years, not a modern football phenomenon....

Player slapping the ground and screaming when "fouled"

All seater stadiums

Those stupid ******* things Leicester fans have that they slap in the palm of their hands

Fans moaning about other fans swearing

Fans moaning about the standard of food in the ground

Fans moaning...

Players turning up at the ground with big head phones looking like they have the weight of the world on their shoulders

Players tweets

Adrian Durham

Plastic fans of Premier League teams (obvious but needs a mention)/People who support their local team but have a favourite "Prem" team as well

Blatant time wasting by players

Referee's that are continually conned by players time wasting 

There are others but that's enough for now.

20 minutes ago, brad blit said:

The more modern football becomes, the more the art of tackling is going and everything is deemed a foul. There's nothing better than a proper, full blooded, clean and FAIR tackle! 

Bobby Reid did a cracking one against Stevenage in 2013/14 (yes I remember the tackle) hard but won the ball, the Stevenage bench all jumped up and started pushing him causing a mini fracas all because of a good tackle

Archived