IGNORED

Modern Football Irritants

BRISTOL86

• Admin
5 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Every thread of this type needs to have: anybody at a club referring to 'the football club' rather than 'the club'. 

And along those lines, referring to games as football matches. Its just pompous BS. You're trying to win a game mate, no one is gonna be confused and think you mean you selected a team to win a bout of Cluedo.

15 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Every thread of this type needs to have: anybody at a club referring to 'the football club' rather than 'the club'. 

Absolutely. We are in "alignment" on this one. Although at AG nowadays, what with this sporting umbrella business, it's always helpful to be sure that a City employee is not referring to the basketball lot, or the rugby play-off bottlers....

• Admin
29 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Absolutely. We are in "alignment" on this one. Although at AG nowadays, what with this sporting umbrella business, it's always helpful to be sure that a City employee is not referring to the basketball lot, or the rugby play-off bottlers....

Projects!!

International breaks in the Second Division.

Should be a system whereby if a club has two first team players unavailable because of international duty they are allowed to apply to the FA for a postponement and if schedulable that will be granted. No need for teams like us to a grind to a halt because England are playing some friendlies. 

Young men (younger than me, alas) with flat stomachs and flash cars, earning thousands a week, with gorgeous girlfriends, paid to kick a ball around. Plus they get long summer holidays. I #&$*ing hate football!

Not read the thread as I will only get angry - but this sums it up for me

Blues forward Dominic Solanke, 18, is holding out for £50,000 a week to stay at Stamford Bridge - despite never having started a first-team game. (Mail)

Never heard of him, but I think he's a****

Just now, Woodsy said:

Not reind the thread as I will only get angry - but this sums it up for me

Blues forward Dominic Solanke, 18, is holding out for £50,000 a week to stay at Stamford Bridge - despite never having started a first-team game. (Mail)

Never heard of him, but I think he's a****

Or his agent. An 18 year old In I assume a foreign country will not ask for 50k. His agent on the other hand

4 minutes ago, Red Rag said:

Players getting off the team bus, ears clad in headphones the size grapfruits carrying diamond encrusted shower bags that cost the earth. For gods sake they kick a piece leather for a living. Get over yourselves for gods sake.

You want one of they shower bags  dontcha ? We know RR.

Just a private grizzle: people who think that the Americans invented the word 'soccer', when actually it is an honourable and ancient word, a shortening of 'Association' football, thus differentiating it from 'rugger' (Rugby football).  Soccer is what football with the round ball was known as when I was growing up.  Football is not what we watch; football covers several different games... 

Oh and the phrase 'he opened up his body', which always sounds slightly gory to me.

Archived