IGNORED

Bristol City Artwork.

spudski

On ‎07‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 08:18, exAtyeoMax said:

You get people/art students to help…that's what Ai Wei Wei and Anthony Gormley does

Have actually tried that in the past, got a student to paint the skin tones for me.

Got rid, as quality wasn't as good as what I could do.

Prefer to take time and make a good job of it.

Thanks everyone for the pm's...some really nice commissions coming up.

1976 teams, City Legends Teams, JPT trophy winners, Purple and Lime original, Last seasons double winners and a few from favourite seasons. Plus some England sets.

Hopefully I'll post a few City one's up in the not too distant future.

Many thanks again...was looking for some Inspiration :-)

29 minutes ago, spudski said:

Have actually tried that in the past, got a student to paint the skin tones for me.

Got rid, as quality wasn't as good as what I could do.

Prefer to take time and make a good job of it.

Thanks everyone for the pm's...some really nice commissions coming up.

1976 teams, City Legends Teams, JPT trophy winners, Purple and Lime original, Last seasons double winners and a few from favourite seasons. Plus some England sets.

Hopefully I'll post a few City one's up in the not too distant future.

Many thanks again...was looking for some Inspiration :-)

Yes, I usually feel better doing something myself

Thought I'd share a commission I completed recently.

Gave me some great memories watching back the old footage. What a Legend Terry Cooper is. Also forgot completely about David Harle.

Hopefully the new owner will enjoy it, and it brings back fond memories like it does for me :-)

bcfc82b.jpg

bcfc82bb.jpg

bcfc82bbb.jpg

bcfc82bbbbb.jpg

bcfc86vv.jpg

Ok - I've spoken to Spud, now the hard work begins

My first City game was 11 October 1986, we beat York 3-0 - does anyone know a good website that will give me the starting 11 and sub (kids, note 'sub', not 'subs'). Just googled but nothing from the first couple of links, or someone on twitter may know of a good person to ask??

T

13 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

My first City game was 11 October 1986, we beat York 3-0 - does anyone know a good website that will give me the starting 11 and sub (kids, note 'sub', not 'subs'). Just googled but nothing from the first couple of links, or someone on twitter may know of a good person to ask??

T

There's books that'll tell you all this. You got any books?

13 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Premiership?

That's what was requested on the commission, indeed it should be Premier League.

Good luck to our near neighbours on Sunday...another Commemorative piece of 'Subbuteo' Art to mark the occasion :-)

Dale Vince the owner had the last FGR's I made.

fgr1.jpg

fgr3.jpg

fgr4.jpg

fgr7.jpg

fgr8.jpg

On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 14:00, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Do they all come with the Floral carriage clock?

....that would be like a 'pointless trophy' wouldnt it? ;)

(nice work Spudski, good to see someone making a success of a unique original idea... looks like you've got a busy summer ahead of you!)

34 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Some fantastic work Spud

I really like the way you display them after all the hard work with the figures

You have a talent mate, and lots of patience ! :clap:

Will be ordering  one when I have a few spare squid 

Thanks for the kind words mate....I've always been artistic, so this fills my artistic urges, as well as my interest in football and Subbuteo.

I really like the research when getting commissions, it's surprising what you find.

As I said to Woodsy...it's better than watching TV in the evenings.

Look forward to your commission :-)

Well someone dared me to do it...so here's a teaser of a Framed Double Winners commission.

Doing three sets of these...Even a Steve Cotterill and Steve Lansdown present...all good fun...should look good in a frame with Artwork. ;-)

b.jpg

BC.jpg

Well here's the finished article...looks better in the hand...can never get pic right with reflections etc.

Someone will be a happy bunny. If you want one like it...give me a pm ;-)

Enjoyed making it...brought back some great memories...and even enjoyed trying to replicate good ol' SC :-)

Great memories :-)

bcf.jpg

Just wanted to say, thanks for all the interest guys and gals...lots of commissions coming in. Will keep me busy over the next Month or so.

Had the day of work today, so completed another team for a forum member.

Forgot I had my old 'East End' Stand.

Lined em up in front of the 'Section 82' boys and girls...can you spot yourself? ;-)

Sir Steve with the League 1 'tin foil cup'  ;-)...next to SC and the boys...with a very full KB on the end.

All good fun and a laugh... ;-)

ee.jpg

On 12/05/2016 at 10:00, Woodsy said:

T

@Woodsy Did you have any luck with your lineup? I have a book somewhere with City results etc that I inherited from me old man. I'll dig it out and have a look if you like...

Meanwhile, I found this on eBay. Dunno if it would be of interest to you? 

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-10-1986-Bristol-City-v-York-City-Team-Changes-/311595822323

6 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

@Woodsy Did you have any luck with your lineup? I have a book somewhere with City results etc that I inherited from me old man. I'll dig it out and have a look if you like...

Meanwhile, I found this on eBay. Dunno if it would be of interest to you? 

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/11-10-1986-Bristol-City-v-York-City-Team-Changes-/311595822323

Hiya Peg - no luck whatsoever with the line up, if you could take a look in that book I'd certainly appreciate it!

And thanks for the link, I was trying to find this online last week, couldn't find one for love or money - will order it now, good work!!

How are the fags going? I'm still clean, and I've not read the book.....going well!

Edit - just noticed the 'team changes' on this item, hopefully someone has made the appropriate changes and I've got my line up! The only person who I can remember playing, for absolute certain, is Andy Leaning.....for York! Random

10 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Hiya Peg - no luck whatsoever with the line up, if you could take a look in that book I'd certainly appreciate it!

And thanks for the link, I was trying to find this online last week, couldn't find one for love or money - will order it now, good work!!

How are the fags going? I'm still clean, and I've not read the book.....going well!

Edit - just noticed the 'team changes' on this item, hopefully someone has made the appropriate changes and I've got my line up! The only person who I can remember playing, for absolute certain, is Andy Leaning.....for York! Random

Good stuff. Glad your still off the fags. I'm still awaiting biopsy results any day now. And I've decided to go the whole hog and get the GP to give my Zyban or Champix. Seems the best way for me.

Will dig out the book and let you know if I find owt. And I hope the programme helps too.

58 minutes ago, spudski said:

Just wanted to say, thanks for all the interest guys and gals...lots of commissions coming in. Will keep me busy over the next Month or so.

Had the day of work today, so completed another team for a forum member.

Forgot I had my old 'East End' Stand.

Lined em up in front of the 'Section 82' boys and girls...can you spot yourself? ;-)

Sir Steve with the League 1 'tin foil cup'  ;-)...next to SC and the boys...with a very full KB on the end.

All good fun and a laugh... ;-)

ee.jpg

Which one is me? ;) 

18 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Good stuff. Glad your still off the fags. I'm still awaiting biopsy results any day now. And I've decided to go the whole hog and get the GP to give my Zyban or Champix. Seems the best way for me.

Will dig out the book and let you know if I find owt. And I hope the programme helps too.

Fingers and everything else crossed for you poppet! I know a few who've had Chapmix, never touched another one again, hope it works

No rush on the book, and just having the programme again will be great, thanks again for the link

@Woodsy , I've got the complete record from 1894-1987 which says ....

11th October 1986, York 3-0 , Walsh 2, Neville.  att: 7,951

1) Waugh

2) Llewellyn

3) Brian Williams

4) Curle

5) Newman

6) Hamson

7) Owen

8) Hutchinson  

9) Harle

10) Walsh

11) Neville

sub ) Marshall .... * subbed.

Hope that helps.

2 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

@Woodsy , I've got the complete record from 1894-1987 which says ....

11th October 1986, York 3-0 , Walsh 2, Neville.  att: 7,951

1) Waugh

2) Llewellyn

3) Brian Williams

4) Curle

5) Newman

6) Hamson

7) Owen

8) Hutchinson  

9) Harle

10) Walsh

11) Neville

sub ) Marshall .... * subbed.

Hope that helps.

That is amazing, thank you!

#6 - not a name that rings a bell, anyone remember him?

Archived