IGNORED

were coming sxxxtheads

Redmycolour

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Nationally, in the football world Bristol is seen as a backwater and players from other areas are often reluctant to join either club. Those players who are local obviously are much keener to join either club.

Its a long standing problem for the entire West Country. I'm surprised you asked..

I thought by saying  '...and of course it's Bristol...' you were in some way saying it's not an attractive place to live/work etc. Apologies if i got the wrong end of that particular stick...

13 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Arguably.  I don't have the stats to hand, but I'd imagine that Rovers crowds tend to be pretty stable whatever division they are in.  That's quite impressive when you look at some clubs.

Rovers don't use the stats when it comes crowds. They use their imagination.

17 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Arguably.  I don't have the stats to hand, but I'd imagine that Rovers crowds tend to be pretty stable whatever division they are in.  That's quite impressive when you look at some clubs.

gAssholes aren't allowed near stables....

2007: they got promoted to L1...."we're coming for you SHITHEADS!"

2011/12: announce plans for the UWE Stadium and gain P/P...."we're coming for you SHITHEADS!"

2013: we get relegated, play and beat them in the JPT..."we're coming for you SHITHEADS!"

2014: they beat Wycombe away in the penultimate game of their L2 campaign..."we're coming for you SHITHEADS!"

2015: they get promoted from the Bananarama Conference...."we're coming for you SHITHEADS!"

Change the record FFS.

You'd think with their track record of predicting the future they'd wait a while to see how they get on in L1 before giving it large. To be fair though, not all Gasheads are as deluded, mentally backward and full of rage as your average Slagchat poster.

Personally I think Wael will chuck a load of cash into the playing side, they'll do ok in L1 and crowds will increase (as they do with every club after promotion). Ultimately though next season we will be playing Championship football again and they won't...it doesn't matter how much they try and predict the future they can't change that fact.

12 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Hopefully next Bristol league Derby will be in The Premier.  Only division isn't it that we haven't faced each other in?

Now that would be a proper derby. None of this lower league stuff. Come on Rovers, catch us if you can.

59 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

Your not coming though, are you, your in league one, which isn't the championship at all....

This is a very good point. We might ask of them: "are you, or have you been, watching Ashton Gate?" where we saw off relegation with some style and something to spare weeks ago. They won't find us in L1. We won't find them in the Championship.

24 minutes ago, marmite said:

Now that would be a proper derby. None of this lower league stuff. 

What, at the 11k capacity rugby ground? A lower league kick and rush is exactly what it would be at "their" place. Dreadful. Let's look forward not backwards!

5 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

No idea...wasn't living in UK and not concerned about the past- it's others who drag that up...I also didn't nor would I start a thread with such a dumb title- as for my 'other corkers'...I suppose you refer to Taylor... well we'll see on that...

Each club is defined by its history that's why we laugh at your delusions about your so called massive fan base which historically has never existed .  

1 hour ago, Worthingexile said:

Here's an interesting question; do you think it more likely that the next Bristol league derby will be because of our relegation or their promotion?

Discuss.

Good question. Might it be in Round 1 of the League Cup, or less likely, Round 2 of the League Cup?

3 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Charlton given permission to speak to Northampton boss, Chris Wilder. How long before one of L1's big guns takes a look at a chap with back-to-back promotions?

I take a look at Cardiffs message board once in a while and a few of them were mentioning Dopey as a possible replacement for Slade and that was a couple of weeks ago before he'd secured their promotion.  I know it's only a message board but if championship clubs are talking about him favourably then top L1 teams certainly will be. 

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

If championship clubs are talking about him favourably then top L1 teams certainly will be. 

Possibly.

Not sure what the owners of a genuinely professional football club would make of Dopey doing his pissed up Mike Bassett routine in a local boozer after his first win.

image.jpeg

53 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Each club is defined by its history that's why we laugh at your delusions about your so called massive fan base which historically has never existed .  

Neither has yours to any degree that most clubs would sit up and take notice of...even we don't...

5 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Neither has yours to any degree that most clubs would sit up and take notice of...even we don't...

Agreed but then neither of us have had sustained top flight success. We completely buggered up when we were last there. 

Bristol has potential and i feel its only fair its us being bristols first football league team.....:robbored:

43 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Agreed but then neither of us have had sustained top flight success. We completely buggered up when we were last there. 

Bristol has potential and i feel its only fair its us being bristols first football league team.....:robbored:

For 'fishing' you guys can't be beat- seasons over, I honestly have enjoyed (most) of our banter, have a good summer lads and lasses, and 'speak' next season...cheers..

Archived