IGNORED

were coming sxxxtheads

Redmycolour

6 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

That's why we need a new stadium.....

A lot won't be able to go next season as the ground isn't big enough, and no, before we get 'smart' a nou camp not required...15,000 would do it...mem only holds 11,000..

And was sold out how many times in the entire season? 2 or 3 wasn't it, if that.

Last time you were in league 1 you averaged 6-7000 for all 4 seasons, not sure where the need for a capacity over double that amount comes from, especially with just 3000 season ticket holders.

10 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

A lot won't be able to go next season as the ground isn't big enough, and no, before we get 'smart' a nou camp not required...15,000 would do it...mem only holds 11,000..

hope thats meant to be a fishing attempt! youll average 7500 or so next season.

12 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

:laugh: You do come up with some corkers to be fair. Apart from the last game of the season you were never selling out the memorial. But then again don't let facts get in the way of a cracking fairy-tale.

18 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Just remind us what your average crowd was last time you were in League 1?

6 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

If that's a bet you are on... even in our sorry stadium it we'll average 9,000 or so..fish'n chips from the Bishopston fish bar on me if not...

Why would your average attendance suddenly be so much higher than last time you were in L1? :dunno:

7 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

If that's a bet you are on... even in our sorry stadium it we'll average 9,000 or so..fish'n chips from the Bishopston fish bar on me if not...

1976 was the last time you averaged more than 9000 per game... and that was in the second tier. 

23 minutes ago, Super said:

No idea...wasn't living in UK and not concerned about the past- it's others who drag that up...I also didn't nor would I start a thread with such a dumb title- as for my 'other corkers'...I suppose you refer to Taylor... well we'll see on that...

3 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

No idea...wasn't living in UK and not concerned about the past- it's others who drag that up...I also didn't nor would I start a thread with such a dumb title- as for my 'other corkers'...I suppose you refer to Taylor... well we'll see on that...

Trust me 11k will be plenty.

17 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

Confidence dropping already there?  Mem holds 12,100, with 1100 of that going to away fans.  So in a short space of time you've gone from " A lot won't be able to go next season as the ground isn't big enough" to an average attendance (which includes away fans) of 2000 less than the home end alone holds?

Your average attendance will fit in our new stand with plenty of seats to spare....If you struggle then it may even fail to fill our South Stand.

49 minutes ago, City169 said:

And was sold out how many times in the entire season? 2 or 3 wasn't it, if that.

Last time you were in league 1 you averaged 6-7000 for all 4 seasons, not sure where the need for a capacity over double that amount comes from, especially with just 3000 season ticket holders.

hang on - those in glass houses. A stadium double the size of a current requirement seems to be what anyone building a stadium is doing.

11 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

So what honestly makes you think you'll get 15000 fans for next season?

I'd wager that you'll average about 7.5 to 8000.  If wrong, come and see me in Mario's café, Stockwood on May 5th, 2017.  I'll get you anything you like...

1 hour ago, st andrews gas said:

38 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

If you're going to average 9,000 next season, please explain why "a lot won't be able to go next season" in a 11,000 capacity stadium.

8 minutes ago, Pezo said:

hang on - those in glass houses. A stadium double the size of a current requirement seems to be what anyone building a stadium is doing.

We were more than just half filling the old Ashton Gate though, we have been sold out in the home end for a large number of games over the last 2 seasons during the redevelopment and were on 13 or 14k season tickets before the end of this season despite a relegation fight for most of the season. Average away attendance in the championship 14/15 was 1500 or so, plus average 1500 walk up we are looking at 17k average assuming not a single season ticket more is sold. Leaves us with plenty extra, but those numbers with the typical swell for a game against a "big" club and we would be pushing 18-19k, the top end of which would be borderline capacity crowd for the old Ashton Gate (yes 21k was the number of seats, but segregation and media takes it down to 19k based on past numbers)

1 hour ago, Super said:

At first, I thought this thread's title was in want of a little punctuation. Now I'm thinking a scaling down of ambition has occurred with sobriety amongst the Few, and it is were, not we're. First things first for the Few: Swindon Town. 

11K will be plenty if you're languishing near the foot of the table. L1 is a big step up and in recent times you've always struggled at that level. It will be interesting to see if the new owners stump up the cash for some decent signings.

It is of course true to say 1100 of the 11,250 capacity,yes that's what is, reserved for away fans. Now I base my 9,000 prediction on the team doing well to averagely so. Doing very well, ie in top half dozen then that is by no means unrealistic...and would possibly be higher. If, and no doubt a lot of you are hoping, we crash in L 1 then,yes 7,500 average is a possibility...

36 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Confidence dropping already there?  Mem holds 12,100, with 1100 of that going to away fans.  So in a short space of time you've gone from " A lot won't be able to go next season as the ground isn't big enough" to an average attendance (which includes away fans) of 2000 less than the home end alone holds?

Your average attendance will fit in our new stand with plenty of seats to spare....If you struggle then it may even fail to fill our South Stand.

It's just about 11k actually. Saturdays larger crowd was because we made the away terrace available to home fans.

Football fans come to support a winning side in 'big' matches, and while I would love us to be challenging for promotion, I think mid table obscurity is far more likely, and I will be happy with that considering the position we have come from two years ago.

If we sell out The Mem more than once next season, I will be pleasantly surprised.

....definately not one of us, 'fish 'n chips' ffs  

- We are Bristol City we only eat COD LOTS!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

What's wrong with Bristol?!

Nationally, in the football world Bristol is seen as a backwater and players from other areas are often reluctant to join either club. Those players who are local obviously are much keener to join either club.

Its a long standing problem for the entire West Country. I'm surprised you asked..

6 minutes ago, Miahdennehy said:

It's just about 11k actually. Saturdays larger crowd was because we made the away terrace available to home fans.

Football fans come to support a winning side in 'big' matches, and while I would love us to be challenging for promotion, I think mid table obscurity is far more likely, and I will be happy with that considering the position we have come from two years ago.

If we sell out The Mem more than once next season, I will be pleasantly surprised.

I'd taken it from Football Grounds Guide website, though that's clearly wrong.  However this taken from the official site  "The total capacity of the Memorial Stadium stands at 11,916, although this figure is reduced to 11,724 after the segregation of home and away supporters is accounted for. " suggests that it's not that far wrong.... and this figure, regardless of which end of 11,000 it is,  will be more than enough to host everyone who may want to attend.  (As you allude to in your final sentence).

If we do well next season the mem will sell out(not every week but there will be a good number) , we're riding a special wave and theres a lot of positivity surrounding the club at the moment. If we don't do well, it won't sell out obviously but that's football and every team is in the same situation. 

I'm not going to spout any of the "We're coming for you" until we're in the same league, we aren't going to be playing you for at least a season ;) so no point screaming about how you should be worried about us just yet. Plus, I did all that when I was 14 and it didn't turn out too well. 

On another note, is this your new thread dedicated to us for next season or are you sticking with the other one this time? 

11 minutes ago, st andrews gas said:

It is of course true to say 1100 of the 11,250 capacity,yes that's what is, reserved for away fans. Now I base my 9,000 prediction on the team doing well to averagely so. Doing very well, ie in top half dozen then that is by no means unrealistic...and would possibly be higher. If, and no doubt a lot of you are hoping, we crash in L 1 then,yes 7,500 average is a possibility...

The Gas in L1 this millennium:

00/01 - 21st(R)

07/08 - 16th

08/09 - 11th

09/10 - 11th

10/11 - 22nd(R)

Top 6 finish unlikely I would have thought!

Archived