IGNORED

were coming sxxxtheads

Redmycolour

11 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

And a question of where.  The contract with UWE no longer exists due to the lack of Sainsbury's money.

They don't need Sainsburys money since the Jordian bloke bought them. That's why they dropped the case against them.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

They don't need Sainsburys money since the Jordian bloke bought them. That's why they dropped the case against them.

No, his billions will ensure they build the 50k stadium they need.  But they needed the contract with Sainsbury's to stand for the contract with UWE to stand, I believe.  In which case UWE can now just walk away and build the law school they seem to want.

8 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

No, his billions will ensure they build the 50k stadium they need.  But they needed the contract with Sainsbury's to stand for the contract with UWE to stand, I believe.  In which case UWE can now just walk away and build the law school they seem to want.

I wasn't aware that the Sainsburys contract was linked in with the UWE site. I thought the sale of the Mem to Sainsburys was simply the source of the income they needed to fund the new ground. 

Obviously I don't pay enough attention......... :facepalm:

39 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The Gas in L1 this millennium:

00/01 - 21st(R)

07/08 - 16th

08/09 - 11th

09/10 - 11th

10/11 - 22nd(R)

Top 6 finish unlikely I would have thought!

Lets face it they were a joke under higgs a complete and utter embarrasment. 

They had one of the highest budgets in that league at the time from what my gas mates were telling me and finished below teams who get less than half their attendances.

They should be better this time and if their chairman is willing to spend they should reach championship they should be pushing for play offs

2 hours ago, st andrews gas said:

If that's a bet you are on... even in our sorry stadium it we'll average 9,000 or so..fish'n chips from the Bishopston fish bar on me if not...

I'll raise you two cod lots and a sausage supper that next season our average attendance will be at least twice yours.

38 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

How binding is the contract between Rovers and UWE? 

6 minutes ago, Malago said:

I'll raise you two cod lots and a sausage supper that next season our average attendance will be at least twice yours.

We all know gasheads love a sausage.

54 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I wasn't aware that the Sainsburys contract was linked in with the UWE site. I thought the sale of the Mem to Sainsburys was simply the source of the income they needed to fund the new ground. 

Obviously I don't pay enough attention......... :facepalm:

That was a quote in the BP, so who knows if it is correct!

29 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I think they said they're now negotiating a new contract with UWE following the dropping of the Sainsbury's case, so it must be back to square one

Apparently, their problem with the Sainsburys case was the tall shelves. The steaks were just too high.

13 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Can't explain it but every time I hear anything about Rovers I feel genuinely nauseous .

I get the same feeling everytime I hear anything about Swindle.

Its a long story going back to the 70s..

Under Higgs, Dunford, Barry Microwaves, whoever, Rovers have been utter sh1te. Almost a Div 4/Conference yo-yo team (although Higgs has seen them almost over the line this year. Nothing to do with their new board). I think we could be fairly sure they would at best be a L1/L2 yo-yo team under that lot.

With the new lot - no previous connection to the utter sh1te that has been Rovers - it is all up in the air. Nobody knows what will happen, what they are capable of. They could be brilliant, they could be sh1te, or they could be bang average. They haven't had a call to make yet.

What Rovers have done previously in L1 is irrelevant for now. Burton show that being small is no obstacle; Sheff Utd show that being "huge" is no guarantee.

What we see in the Championship though, is that size matters more. Rovers at the Mem would find that a struggle. They would be minnows. How many clubs with 10 or 11k survive? Bournemouth, thanks to investment of tens of millions plus Eddie Howe; Brentford (but clubs in London are no yard stick. They have multiple advantages. Not a fair comparison). Rovers would need Warnock in the Championship.

As for their support, I would expect them to be well supported next season. With any luck there will be 8 or 9k of them their to see a year of home defeats and draws, or at least, of hard graft against teams more than a match for them.

For the time being, it's all up in the air and I don't see previous performance being a reliable guide for future performance.

At the moment we are all arguing over "no news". Lets wait and see what the Gas spend their millions on and what we spend our (SL's) money on and then we can have a proper debate. Meanwhile well done Rovers on successive promotions and well done City for maintaining our Championship standing. Now can we all just get to the beach and have a San Miguel or two:yawn: in peace. Have a good summer whether red or blue.

One thing you can't argue against - The Gas have a reasonable number of hardcore fans prepared to stick with their local club through thick and thin.  It's people like that who will save the game from being nothing more than a ubiquitous airline-sponsored crock of ****.

15 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

One thing you can't argue against - The Gas have a reasonable number of hardcore fans prepared to stick with their local club through thick and thin.  It's people like that who will save the game from being nothing more than a ubiquitous airline-sponsored crock of ****.

I'm going to argue with that. Rovers do not have a "reasonable" number of hardcore fans. They have an unreasonable number of hardcore fans. There, I have argued against it. Now what do you say - are you going to argue against what I've said?

1 minute ago, Jack Dawe said:

I'm going to argue with that. Rovers do not have a "reasonable" number of hardcore fans. They have an unreasonable number of hardcore fans. There, I have argued against it. Now what do you say - are you going to argue against what I've said?

No need

26 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Wouldn't that be the same with most clubs (if not all) outside the Prem? 

2 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

Wouldn't that be the same with most clubs (if not all) outside the Prem? 

Arguably.  I don't have the stats to hand, but I'd imagine that Rovers crowds tend to be pretty stable whatever division they are in.  That's quite impressive when you look at some clubs.

Archived