IGNORED

were coming sxxxtheads

Redmycolour

Let them enjoy it.  While I'd have preferred it if they'd stayed down, they'd made it and deservedly so.

My father is a gashead so I'm pleased that this week, for him, will be a better one than last week,

Sure, get the right group of players together and you can really go places without money - it happens.  Along the way, though, you still need infrastructure and fans in numbers.  Until they move from the Mem I suspect they have found their ceiling.

20 minutes ago, wallaceboy said:

About time they gave us some rivalry. 14yrs is a long old time.

This is how the "rivalry," such as it is, goes now:

Rovers: "Windass"

City: "Daniel."

Rovers: "WINDASS!"

Rovers: "WINDASS!!"

Rovers: "We're coming for you."

City: "We're off to Villa Park."

Rovers: "Windass."

It's not a rivalry on the pitch, only a trading off hurts inflicted by other teams, by other teams players (Windass thwarting our Prem dream; Daniel realising their non-league nightmare). It used to be "Lambert" or "Penrice" now it is only "Windass." That's all they've got, the best Rovers can offer, that and promises of this and that to come. When did Rovers last sting us on the pitch?

2 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

I'm not sure if many here could actually cope with 2 league games against Rovers every season. It seems their whole lives would revolve around it. I won't be interested in Rovers unless we play them, apart from that Rovers are not worth my breath. I've just wasted my life writing this.

Have you really wasted your life by writing that?  Surely it only took you about 6 seconds?

26 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

I'm not sure if many here could actually cope with 2 league games against Rovers every season. It seems their whole lives would revolve around it. I won't be interested in Rovers unless we play them, apart from that Rovers are not worth my breath. I've just wasted my life writing this.

Boo at the gas and the whole world boos with you.

Boo at Lee and you boo alone. ( well for a short while anyway)

Acting like big boys now they just about claimed 3rd spot auto in L2.

About time they actually proved to people that they are this big club that they claim to be and a championship club in waiting. Well we are still waiting it has been 15 years.

So they just scraped home with an injury time winner against an already relegated team from the Basement league. Finished just above the Mighty Accrington Stanley on goal difference. Are they going to have an open top bus tour like last years embarrasment! Chanting are you watching Ashton Gate (What are we meant to be watching) Just show them this http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/soccer?iso=20001028T1645&p0=299&msg=City+above+Rovers&font=cursive

Tick tock tick tock. Deluded sags Mind the Gap!!

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Until they move from the Mem I suspect they have found their ceiling.

Absolutely. They'll struggle to attract better players because of the Mickey Mouse stadium and cabbage patch pitch and of course because it's Bristol. That said they have serious financial backing now and the new stadium is an inevitably - just a question of when.

My wife and I were in the Shakespeare (by the harbour) on our way back from AG on Saturday when the Rovers result came through, Rovers 'fans' were singing goodnight Irene etc.. It struck me that they were like most of the Rovers 'fans' I know, they don't go to the matches!

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

My wife and I were in the Shakespeare (by the harbour) on our way back from AG on Saturday when the Rovers result came through, Rovers 'fans' were singing goodnight Irene etc.. It struck me that they were like most of the Rovers 'fans' I know, they don't go to the matches!

I loves that pub I does.  Not been in there for far too long. The pubs round here aren't bad though.

That's why we need a new stadium.....

10 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

A lot won't be able to go next season as the ground isn't big enough, and no, before we get 'smart' a nou camp not required...15,000 would do it...mem only holds 11,000..

17 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

The last time I was in the Shakespeare - back in the 80s I reckon, it was full of gay guys. I didn't know it was "gay" pub otherwise I'd have worn different gear...

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

The last time I was in the Shakespeare - back in the 80s I reckon, it was full of gay guys. I didn't know it was "gay" pub otherwise I'd have worn different gear...

Did you come straight out?

Archived