IGNORED

well done wes

lost black rat

36 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Given the form he's been in and the fact that Wales aren't exactly brimming with forwards (Bale, Vokes, Robson-Kanu.... that's about it), I don't see why he couldn't go if he has a good training camp 

Best of luck Wes, fingers crossed you get the nod!

There are other forwards - Bale isn't in the squad but as well as Wes, Dave Cotterill, Tom Lawrence, Simon Church and Tom Bradshaw have all been picked in the 29.

He's got every chance though so let's hope he's fully fit after his recent injury, his pace being an area where he certainly outshines several of his rivals, and quite probably a key factor in Coleman's thinking if he does get the nod.

Let's hope he does; it would be a fantastic experience for him and BCFC could only benefit.

Good luck Wes.

Bale and Wes to start up front for Wales against England?? Don't think our centre backs will know what to do against that pace!

Good Luck to Wes, even if he doesn't make it he's training with some of the best  players for his country and can only help him improve!

Fingers crossed he gets selected 

37 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Wes now described on the wireless as the "new kid on the block" in the Wales training squad.

I just heard that too, but not the Wales bit, and jumped straight on here to find out what was going on. I thought we had sold him and was going to go mad! 

Please give him all my best too @djb6162

Wes has game changing pace. I'd take him for that reason alone. Look what pace has done for my countryman Deandre Yedlin. Never heard of outside of MLS. A few 20-40 minute appearances in the World Cup showing off that blistering pace got him a premier league move. Regardless of how you rate him, he has that pace that can change a game. Wes has that and could show similar ability at the Euros if needed. 

9 minutes ago, Leveller said:

He's done extremely well to get this far - but to say it's churlish to think he probably won't get in the final squad, that's silly.

It's churlish (meaning:  Rude in a mean-spirited and surly way ) to state it.  Not churlish to think it.

It's a great achievement for a lil' old Bristol City player. Still, if your glass is half empty...

Best of luck wes! Would be amazing if we had a player at the euros. Do your thing. Really hope we see him in the first team next season. Proved himself with the loan spell that he can score, kept a close eye on him whilst at Fleetwood and their fans love him! Would ship Agard out and let Burns take his spot. Think he could manage 5-8 goals next year if he's given a chance.

2 hours ago, djb6162 said:

Why would you even say that today even if you thinks it true, couldnt that comment wait until the lad has a dream or two over the next few days

quite unvelievable really and your post captures otib up at its worst.

thanks @BobBobSuperBob you represent otib at its best and i will pass on your comments.

What you on about? Super is being realstic it is highly unlikely Burns will go to the Euro's what is your point?

Great news for Wes and well deserved.

I do not think it unreasonable to say maybe he does start as an outsider to be on the plane, but heck, give it everything in camp and see where it takes you. Still some months to go, and who knows what will happen in that time. He has a lot more chance than those not in the 29! (Bale maybe excluded...)

Feather in his cap, and a great experience whatever!

So if I am allowed let's look at the list. I expect four of these will go, guessing Cotterill, Robson Kanu, Vokes and Church are the favourites. Bradshaw possibly has a very outside chance. I must add no offence to the names I haven't mentioned! 

Strikers: David Cotterill, Hal Robson-Kanu, Tom Lawrence, Simon Church, Sam Vokes, Wes Burns, Tom Bradshaw.

42 minutes ago, Just Brett said:

Best of luck wes! Would be amazing if we had a player at the euros. Do your thing. Really hope we see him in the first team next season. Proved himself with the loan spell that he can score, kept a close eye on him whilst at Fleetwood and their fans love him! Would ship Agard out and let Burns take his spot. Think he could manage 5-8 goals next year if he's given a chance.

A bit rude & churlish about Agard ??!

40 minutes ago, Super said:

So if I am allowed let's look at the list. I expect four of these will go, guessing Cotterill, Robson Kanu, Vokes and Church are the favourites. Bradshaw possibly has a very outside chance. I must add no offence to the names I haven't mentioned! 

Strikers: David Cotterill, Hal Robson-Kanu, Tom Lawrence, Simon Church, Sam Vokes, Wes Burns, Tom Bradshaw.

Church failed to impress in the MK Dons team this season ( 2 goals in 19) and was loaned out to Aberdeen in February, where admittedly he seems to have done quite well.

Lawrence has been on loan at Cardiff and has failed to score in 14 apps.

Wes has been preferred to Bradshaw for Wales teams at all levels, hasn't he? He's certainly scored more goals for them, and that applies to Lawrence as well.

Pace is the key. If Coleman wants genuine pace on his bench, then Wes will likely be preferred to the likes of Church and Bradshaw. imo.

1 hour ago, bris red said:

What you on about? Super is being realstic it is highly unlikely Burns will go to the Euro's what is your point?

This is the problem with a father posting on his footballer sons club forum. 

If he can't accept a negative comment i suggest he cancel his registration.

42 minutes ago, Super said:

I wouldn`t call David Cotterill a striker. Much more of a wide attacking midfielder.

If Wes is in the squad he has to have a chance of going so lets get behind him and hope he does. If Albert can have his dream of playing in the premier league why can`t Wes have his of appearing at a major tournament for his country. As others have said, he could easily have stayed here and sulked when the Fleetwood offer came along but he didn`t and has grabbed his chance and it`s just a shame he was injured for their last two games.

Good luck Wes, hope you get to go.

13 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Church failed to impress in the MK Dons team this season ( 2 goals in 19) and was loaned out to Aberdeen in February, where admittedly he seems to have done quite well.

Lawrence has been on loan at Cardiff and has failed to score in 14 apps.

Wes has been preferred to Bradshaw for Wales teams at all levels, hasn't he? He's certainly scored more goals for them, and that applies to Lawrence as well.

Pace is the key. If Coleman wants genuine pace on his bench, then Wes will likely be preferred to the likes of Church and Bradshaw. imo.

Never really rated Church but Coleman seems to like him. Given the season Bradhsaw has had reckon he is in front of wes.

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

There are other forwards - Bale isn't in the squad but as well as Wes, Dave Cotterill, Tom Lawrence, Simon Church and Tom Bradshaw have all been picked in the 29.

He's got every chance though so let's hope he's fully fit after his recent injury, his pace being an area where he certainly outshines several of his rivals, and quite probably a key factor in Coleman's thinking if he does get the nod.

Let's hope he does; it would be a fantastic experience for him and BCFC could only benefit.

Good luck Wes.

I forgot about Cotterill, to be fair. Bradshaw is less flexible, Lawrence hasn't played that much (has he?) and Church is frankly poor. As you say, he has pace to burn and that's an asset at any level- especially off the bench

Do us proud Wes

Great news! Brill recognition for our Wes! I've been waxing lyrical about him on and off of here since that JPT game away at Cheltenham in Oct 2014.

Was shouted down by a few dissenters on here, but I'm a big fan.

Raw pace is a great start and a great asset, he's done well for Fleetwood and I'd love to see him progress with us and Wales.

Good luck Wes, right behind you...

46 minutes ago, gloucester robin said:

Great news for Wes and I for one hope he makes the final 23 Good luck Wes

Hear, here. Well said. Hope he doesn't make the Final though (no offence, Wes. Or Mr Burns).

Archived