IGNORED

well done wes

lost black rat

6 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

We must give Wes a chance. And we must give Pearce a chance.

Is that all you are saying?

I think the way LJ wants to play in getting the ball forward quickly to the striker lends itself well Wes and his pace.  Can see him making the squad and getting regular impact subs from the bench late on in games (a different option to Wilbs).  Then establishing himself much as Bobby has this year.

2 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

Is that all you are saying?

I think the way LJ wants to play in getting the ball forward quickly to the striker lends itself well Wes and his pace.  Can see him making the squad and getting regular impact subs from the bench late on in games (a different option to Wilbs).  Then establishing himself much as Bobby has this year.

It is. In fact, forget the bit about Wes. Give Pearce A Chance. He deserves it. That is all I am saying.

Well done.  This might be the boost that really pushes him into first team contention - his pace should be a real asset to us, just needs a little..finessing.  Perhaps he's a late developer, could be the next Vardy!  (sorry if that point's been made 40,000 times already)

4 hours ago, Super said:

Complete overreaction. I didn't say anything negative about his ability or anything just that I didn't think he would make the final 23.

No one said that you did.  However, it is more than a little churlish to dismiss Wes's chances just when most contributors are celebrating his call-up.

4 hours ago, Super said:

Complete overreaction. I didn't say anything negative about his ability or anything just that I didn't think he would make the final 23.

I just think it's because it was the only negativeish post at the time. Agree it would be difficult to make the cut but he certainly has the quality to do it 

4 hours ago, Super said:

I was going to post yesterday in response to your original post, but was otherwise occupied.

I don't dispute your football knowledge, and you may well be correct with your prediction.

But bearing in mind you are talking about a very young man, barely out of his teens, who has just been selected in a 29-man squad for the Welsh Euro training camp, probably the (current) pinnacle of his so-far short career, don't you think you could have said something along the lines of:

'Well Done Wes. I am really pleased for you and I am sure my fellow City fans are also. Whilst your selection is well-deserved, don't go building your hopes up too much as there are some wonderful players in that squad, which doesn't even include Bale yet. Good Luck, and we shall all be hoping you survive the final cull.'

1 minute ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I was going to post yesterday in response to your original post, but was otherwise occupied.

I don't dispute your football knowledge, and you may well be correct with your prediction.

But bearing in mind you are talking about a very young man, barely out of his teens, who has just been selected in a 29-man squad for the Welsh Euro training camp, probably the (current) pinnacle of his so-far short career, don't you think you could have said something along the lines of:

'Well Done Wes. I am really pleased for you and I am sure my fellow City fans are also. Whilst your selection is well-deserved, don't go building your hopes up too much as there are some wonderful players in that squad, which doesn't even include Bale yet. Good Luck, and we shall all be hoping you survive the final cull.'

This is getting beyond a joke now. I did actually say that I hope he makes it, just because his dad posts on here should make no difference. I hope LJ doesn't read this forum with what Robbored writes about his dad!

4 hours ago, Super said:

Which is a fair point and completely reasonable - I feel you could have worded it a bit more sensitively. Sometimes tone can be hard to gauge in your posts and they can read a bit dismissive. Just an observation. 

I think this is more of an appreciation thread to Wes, not necessarily a debate whether he will make it or not.

Anyhow, I'd like to congratulate Wes on the fantastic news and I hope he gets his chance! I look forward to seeing him in a City shirt again next season.

20 minutes ago, Super said:

This is getting beyond a joke now. I did actually say that I hope he makes it, just because his dad posts on here should make no difference. I hope LJ doesn't read this forum with what Robbored writes about his dad!

Mate....don't even bother.

The few people with a brain on this forum, who understand that forums are for discussing opinions...fully understand where you were coming from and that your post was not criticising Wes or his ability in any way, but just stating your opinion.

Some of the replies your got are embarrassing. 

Some real kiss asses on this forum who need to stop being so sensitive. 

All of this is Hilarious and in some cases totally Classless!

The lad has every chance of making the squad as clearly he will add an injection of pace which in general terms some of the other players mentioned lack. Remember Erikson took a player without a first team appearance to the World Cup for England for exactly that reason.(Then of course hilariously didn't play him)

This is a boy who 'burns' off Gareth Bale and so has every chance of making a Superise (did you see what I did there) inclusion in the squad.

I have my fingers crossed for Wes and @djb6162 and like all of the supporters at this club wish him well in getting into the squad and getting some playing time. I'm not sure if that makes me a kiss ass in someone's opinion? As has been stated a thread entitled well done Wes one would of thought would confine itself to supportive comments about ONE OF OUR OWN!

2 hours ago, Super said:

I agree entirely.

Nevertheless, your comment was churlish and a little 'Well Done, but' should not have been beyond you. 

I hate getting involved in this type of bickering, but oh my days @Super, you're being somewhat of a blouse. 

1) Nobody has said you can't offer an opinion, not once, so stop repeating yourself making out you are a poor hurt party like a bloody pillock, it was stated/asked why you picked when you did to make the comment you did. I'd agree with the questioning.

2) You know as well as I do that you commented to draw a reaction from Mr Burns. You got the reaction, now take it like a man. 

I'd rather dine with a Rovers fan an evening than spend five minutes with a City supporting petulant child as yourself. 

35 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

I hate getting involved in this type of bickering, but oh my days @Super, you're being somewhat of a blouse. 

1) Nobody has said you can't offer an opinion, not once, so stop repeating yourself making out you are a poor hurt party like a bloody pillock, it was stated/asked why you picked when you did to make the comment you did. I'd agree with the questioning.

2) You know as well as I do that you commented to draw a reaction from Mr Burns. You got the reaction, now take it like a man. 

I'd rather dine with a Rovers fan an evening than spend five minutes with a City supporting petulant child as yourself. 

Why on earth would I want to draw a reaction? I gave my opinion that's all. I think you will find he overreacted. If he doesn't like it he shouldn't be on the forum he should expect Wes to be treated like any other player. Thanks for the insult by the way very grown up. Emabrrassing.

10 hours ago, Super said:

Why on earth would I want to draw a reaction? I gave my opinion that's all. I think you will find he overreacted. If he doesn't like it he shouldn't be on the forum he should expect Wes to be treated like any other player. Thanks for the insult by the way very grown up. Emabrrassing.

Having perhaps started this , i was perhaps hoping to bring this particular aspect of the thread to an end.

@Clarky89 captures my point perfectly i think, and i have to tell you @Super that i can as you put it accept and expect Wes to be treated like any other player..

on that pount by the way, would you have honestly responded as you did if the announcement was about Joe Bryan for example ?

Moving on though, i have ignored much worse criticism and some pretty horrific comments about wes on this forum, just ask some of the posters on here.

If it helps to make my point, quite secretly i actually agree with you... I think wes has a faint glimmer of a hope of making the cut, a glimmer he has fought for in recent months having been given the chance to actually kick a ball regularly in a role and position he loves

the thread was opened to celebrate that faint hope and within 13 minutes of the post you felt it neccersarry to point out publicly what i guess most people were thinking, but chose for the correct reasons to push to one side , just for now while the lad dreamed.

if you cant get that, then its time to move on.

30 minutes ago, djb6162 said:

Having perhaps started this , i was perhaps hoping to bring this particular aspect of the thread to an end.

@Clarky89 captures my point perfectly i think, and i have to tell you @Super that i can as you put it accept and expect Wes to be treated like any other player..

on that pount by the way, would you have honestly responded as you did if the announcement was about Joe Bryan for example ?

Moving on though, i have ignored much worse criticism and some pretty horrific comments about wes on this forum, just ask some of the posters on here.

If it helps to make my point, quite secretly i actually agree with you... I think wes has a faint glimmer of a hope of making the cut, a glimmer he has fought for in recent months having been given the chance to actually kick a ball regularly in a role and position he loves

the thread was opened to celebrate that faint hope and within 13 minutes of the post you felt it neccersarry to point out publicly what i guess most people were thinking, but chose for the correct reasons to push to one side , just for now while the lad dreamed.

if you cant get that, then its time to move on.

I agree time to move on. Good luck to him hope he makes the final 23.

13 hours ago, Clarky89 said:

I think this comment in itself is childish, the guy is just giving his opinnion on what is going to be a tough selection and from looking at their last few line ups it would be realistic to say wes wont get called up right?

Personally i think hes gonna make the cut but going by some of the reactions on here ill probably get shot for saying that too!

Really hope to see Wes make the cut.Even if he misses out,hopefully he can take some comfort from what has been a very good season in terms of progress with both Fleetwood and his involvement with the Wales squad.Hope to see him back playing regularly for us.

• Admin
On 5/10/2016 at 09:39, Bs4Red said:

Really hopes he makes it. Showed glimpses this year of what he can do and how effective he is. Would love to see him get starts next season. Blistering pace and will improve more and more over time! 

If he doesn't make this one. He will certainly be starting for Wales come 2020 should they qualify 

John Hartson was on Talksport last night, there were a few conversations about the Wales pre-squad, he mentioned "a young striker, that he hopes will impress enough to make the plane" can only assume that he is referring to Wes - so clearly made an impact around the set up

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

John Hartson was on Talksport last night, there were a few conversations about the Wales pre-squad, he mentioned "a young striker, that he hopes will impress enough to make the plane" can only assume that he is referring to Wes - so clearly made an impact around the set up

Either him or Bradshaw I guess!

Archived