IGNORED

well done wes

lost black rat

Good work to the young man; now's the time to unleash shots from everywhere, perform like his life depends on it, and force Coleman to take him to France.

I want to hear tales of Wes scoring at least 5 goals in each pre-euro training session.

Go on, Wes, make it happen.

Come back to us and then force LJ to get you back in the squad.

4 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I'd quite like it, maybe shake up the England set up.

Why does it need a shake up (again)? We won all our qualifying games and Hodgson has picked plenty of new faces like Kane, Vardy, Alli and Dier, all of whom have done well.

So what further "shaking up" did you have in mind?

56 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

You`d be out of your seat punching the air and you know it. So would I.

I'd probably be browsing on here and posting something and miss it, to be fair. 

1 hour ago, Red Right Hand said:

You`d be out of your seat punching the air and you know it. So would I.

I would be likely punched in the face if I did, what with being there in the crowd in Lens.

(Not that many people need any excuse for punching me in the face usually)

The fact he's in the squad gives him a he'll of a chance of making the trip to France.

Anyone else feel he may come back to us next season and be a revelation?

I have high hopes for Wes, I firmly believe he will turn out to be our greatest ever academy player.

Good luck Wes.

6 minutes ago, Just Red said:

The fact he's in the squad gives him a he'll of a chance of making the trip to France.

Anyone else feel he may come back to us next season and be a revelation?

I have high hopes for Wes, I firmly believe he will turn out to be our greatest ever academy player.

Good luck Wes.

I said earlier on in this season that I'd rather have Wes with Kodjia than Wilbs or Agard. I feel Agard just isn't up to it and should leave in the summer. I really hope Burns gets a chance up top alongside Kodjia. They'd be a handful

16 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I said earlier on in this season that I'd rather have Wes with Kodjia than Wilbs or Agard. I feel Agard just isn't up to it and should leave in the summer. I really hope Burns gets a chance up top alongside Kodjia. They'd be a handful

With Tomlin playing just behind them both. Imagine the balls he could provide them with.

Really hopes he makes it. Showed glimpses this year of what he can do and how effective he is. Would love to see him get starts next season. Blistering pace and will improve more and more over time! 

If he doesn't make this one. He will certainly be starting for Wales come 2020 should they qualify 

10 minutes ago, Bs4Red said:

Really hopes he makes it. Showed glimpses this year of what he can do and how effective he is. Would love to see him get starts next season. Blistering pace and will improve more and more over time! 

If he doesn't make this one. He will certainly be starting for Wales come 2020 should they qualify 

2020 ? It's a good vision .

18 hours ago, djb6162 said:

Why would you even say that today even if you thinks it true, couldnt that comment wait until the lad has a dream or two over the next few days

quite unvelievable really and your post captures otib up at its worst.

thanks @BobBobSuperBob you represent otib at its best and i will pass on your comments.

I hope he makes it. Even if it would be a shock.

On a separate note...

The best way to deal with criticism if you are in the limelight (or a relative of someone who is) is to ignore it.

I think Professional footballers are smart enough to accept that they will have fans and 'haters'. (Ask Marlon Pack)

This is an internet forum. If a realistic fans comment causes the above sort of outburst then it's probably best you don't browse too much!

It's also worth noting that since your comment a lot of people would have been put off commenting with the same opinion.

It doesn't mean those people don't like Wes, or that they want to squash his dream of making the squad. They just want to fill their much less exciting lives taking part in a debate on a subject they love.

• Admin

Just wonder if we were talking about whether Jermaine Defoe was going to get he chop from an initial squad would people react the same?

I fully understand why Wes' dad replied what he did - but at the end of the day forums are all about opinions, sadly whether we agree with them or not

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Just wonder if we were talking about whether Jermaine Defoe was going to get he chop from an initial squad would people react the same?

I fully understand why Wes' dad replied what he did - but at the end of the day forums are all about opinions, sadly whether we agree with them or not

Complete overreaction. I didn't say anything negative about his ability or anything just that I didn't think he would make the final 23.

I think Kodjia has shown us that we don't need to go out this summer and buy another 20 goal a season striker, if we can keep him of course, and that we should be giving Wes a chance in his preferred position or at least on the right hand side of that 3 behind the main striker. I think it would be great to have Joe, Bobby and Wes behind Kodjia, would love to see this given a chance.

36 minutes ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

I think Kodjia has shown us that we don't need to go out this summer and buy another 20 goal a season striker, if we can keep him of course, and that we should be giving Wes a chance in his preferred position or at least on the right hand side of that 3 behind the main striker. I think it would be great to have Joe, Bobby and Wes behind Kodjia, would love to see this given a chance.

We must give Wes a chance. And we must give Pearce a chance.

• Admin

I'm still amazed that Wes clearly does so well for an out and out striker, but never seems to get the chance up front with us

Whether these Euros are too soon for him and maybe the next World Cup is a more realistic tournament - but get a decent preseason behind him and get him in our matchday squad

Archived