IGNORED

well done wes

lost black rat

4 hours ago, djb6162 said:

Having perhaps started this , i was perhaps hoping to bring this particular aspect of the thread to an end.

@Clarky89 captures my point perfectly i think, and i have to tell you @Super that i can as you put it accept and expect Wes to be treated like any other player..

on that pount by the way, would you have honestly responded as you did if the announcement was about Joe Bryan for example ?

Moving on though, i have ignored much worse criticism and some pretty horrific comments about wes on this forum, just ask some of the posters on here.

If it helps to make my point, quite secretly i actually agree with you... I think wes has a faint glimmer of a hope of making the cut, a glimmer he has fought for in recent months having been given the chance to actually kick a ball regularly in a role and position he loves

the thread was opened to celebrate that faint hope and within 13 minutes of the post you felt it neccersarry to point out publicly what i guess most people were thinking, but chose for the correct reasons to push to one side , just for now while the lad dreamed.

if you cant get that, then its time to move on.

How has a thread on a football forum stopped the lad from dreaming? I'm sure we all wish him the best as a City player and hope he makes it, but unless he is reading this thread (which I would hope most footballers don't read their fans forums, I certainly don't!) then nothing said in this thread will ruin his dream or aspirations.

The forum is here for debate, unless there's some past history between yourself and @Super then I don't see why anyone should feel their opinion on a matter should be censored.

As for other comments, unfortunately football fans aren't always the smartest or most articulate bunch and there are plenty of "fans" that are just complete tossers. Ultimately though reading a football forum of a team that a relative plays for, you have to expect all sorts of comments, good or bad - right or wrong.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

yes. Is he going for a Joe Bryan or leaning more towards the mane of Ayling/Freeman…?

I have no doubt that Wes has more class than the ponsey silly stubby pony 'tail of two Lukes'. Joe on the other hand looks very smart  as will Wes and I think it's testament to how far our Academy has come. Look at young George Dowling- looks every inch like a smart sensible young man with a proper trim.

2 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

my dad was from Wales…I was born in Bristol. He supported Wales in RU, England in football, and City…so I have split allegiance.

In terms of Wales..... I have to admit I support Wales in RU and go to the games but support City & England in footy. I was  born in Bristol so I guess that rules out a paternity test.

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I have no doubt that Wes has more class than the ponsey silly stubby pony 'tail of two Lukes'. Joe on the other hand looks very smart  as will Wes and I think it's testament to how far our Academy has come. Look at young George Dowling- looks every inch like a smart sensible young man with a proper trim.

In terms of Wales..... I have to admit I support Wales in RU and go to the games but support City & England in footy. I was  born in Bristol so I guess that rules out a paternity test.

a classic short back and sides, a bit like Scott Parker who at one time looked like he was a player from 1940s

On 9 May 2016 at 22:11, ChippenhamRed said:

Why does it need a shake up (again)? We won all our qualifying games and Hodgson has picked plenty of new faces like Kane, Vardy, Alli and Dier, all of whom have done well.

So what further "shaking up" did you have in mind?

Not for one minute do I see us winning it, but this is the first tournament in a while where I'm looking forward to the way we play.  So often in the past, we've played sterile football and we've gone home under-performing.  I at least think we will try and play with a bit of bravery this time around.

As for Wes, all he can do is give his best in the training camp (not the barbers) and see if that is enough.  He'll be the outsider to make it, but stranger things have happened.

Perhaps he needs Charlie Adam to go around clogging a few of the Wales strikers?

8 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

He's that little bit closer!

Interesting...heard from someone who's son plays in Wales, that it is alleged, there could be another Adam Johnson like scenario unravelling. He told me two weeks ago that Bradshaw wouldn't be going to Euro's...

On 12 May 2016 at 08:46, Davefevs said:

As for Wes, all he can do is give his best in the training camp (not the barbers) and see if that is enough.  He'll be the outsider to make it, but stranger things have happened.

Perhaps he needs Charlie Adam to go around clogging a few of the Wales strikers?

How could Charlie Adam do that?! He's Scottish...or have I missed something?!

35 minutes ago, spudski said:

Interesting...heard from someone who's son plays in Wales, that it is alleged, there could be another Adam Johnson like scenario unravelling. He told me two weeks ago that Bradshaw wouldn't be going to Euro's...

Good thing we didn't sign him it sounds like. He's obviously pulled more than just a calf. 

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How could Charlie Adam do that?! He's Scottish...or have I missed something?!

Keep, up, he qualifies for Wales now.  

Only joking, he's been suspended by Stoke for breaking Steven Ireland's leg in training.  Guessing that as he's been suspended it wasn't an unlucky 50-50.  Was using him as an example.

Supposedly back a few years ago,  Benni McCarthy used to get Chris Samba to nobble Roque Santa Crus in training, so that Mark Hughes would have to pick ex-City loanee Jason Roberts to partner him.  Roberts worked hard and did the physical stuff that Santa Crus wouldn't, and therefore Benni preferred him as a partner.

Archived