IGNORED

Newcastle Fans Tonight

Sniper

Who'd want to be a Newcastle fan tonight :no: The old ringer will be like a raved up teenager on speed.

Imagine being relegated by your nearest and bitterest rivals.

I know we might all be peeved off with the SAGS (fingers crossed they go straight back down again:fingerscrossed:) but could you imagine the pain of being relegated by them, your worst nightmare come true.

I'll be watching this game tonight with a cold cider (or 5) with that smug relief that it's not us in this god dam awful scenario.

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

id rather see Norwich stay up but if Sunderland do win tonight, no doubt the media will seek to perpetuate the myth that is Newcastle United. Utter shambles and by no means the "big" club the press portray them as. 

Pretty much this, they will have been relegated twice in 8 years, big clubs don't get relegated that often if at all...

4 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Yep it was I believe Millens first game in charge following the departure of GJ. I think you are talking about Ribero?

A propos Christian Ribeiro, does his long-time supporter Big Fat Dave still read and/or post on here.

Another former regular poster, TMOR, also seems to have disappeared (:yes: :chant6ez:) or have they both just changed their names? 

6 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

F-the shirtless, tattooed, beer-bellied, fog loving, sausage factory working, sickly sausage roll sucking, Blair-supported, bar-coded, Cartoon army hordes.

Slippin' down slowly, slippin' down sideways - I always used to like that album though.

As a former Newcastle season ticket holder, I think I can speak for many of the fans in saying that relegation is seen almost as a forgone conclusion now. I think focus for them needs to be on hopefully keeping Rafa in place (highly unlikely) or finding a quality replacement.

1 hour ago, Steve Watts said:

Well if you want to know how it feels to be relegated by your local rivals we could always ask one of the resident blue few I here I guess...!

Flapper ?

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Gordon Owen.:facepalm:

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Who did the same thing a few weeks later against Mansfield at Wembley!

Can this be the last we see of this name on this forum please? Makes me shiver every time....

As for Newcastle, **** them. Can't stand them, as others have said - one of the great myths of the English game

1 hour ago, B1ackbird said:

Didn't we play Swindle and we had to win to get in the play-offs while they had to win to stay up?

we drew...

Swindon were already in the play off's but didn't want us in the play off's because we were the form team at the time.

They ended wining the play off's that season and went up.

If i remember correctly They won a replay against Gillingham at Selhurst pak.

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Slippin' down slowly, slippin' down sideways - I always used to like that album though.

I must say I have a lot of time for "Gazza" Gascoigne's  cover of this fine number from the Great Gordie Songbook. The video is a particular delight too, few videos have ever shown the crinkly shell suit in a better light. "Sittin in a sleazy snack bar sportin a large pair of comedy breasts...."

2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

F-the shirtless, tattooed, beer-bellied, fog loving, sausage factory working, sickly sausage roll sucking, Blair-supported, bar-coded, Cartoon army hordes.

I haven't particularly got any strong feelings about Newcastle fans one way or the other, but they're a sentimental bunch and I do love to see those fat Geordies cry.

I'll give Mike Ashley some credit in a positive way, he has actually spent the money over the last 5 years, buying up some real talented players, many in Ligue 1 but still should have done the job. But I feel they never had the right manager, and the manager or the players never turned up. 

Archived