IGNORED

Newcastle Fans Tonight

Sniper

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

They hounded out big Sam as well thinking they were bigger than a manager like him. Carefull what you wish for . 

They kept faith in Mcclaren for too long, had Rafa had more time he would of kept them up.

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

It's the **** those owns them who we should all hate.

Personally I think any club that gets gates of 50k when they are shite, is a big club.

Plus, if we played them at AG on a Monday morning they would still bring 5,000 if we had room for them.

cast your mind back prior to keegan taking over they were getting 20k per week

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Big Sam - still never been relegated. As usual whenever he was suggested as a possible target for us when he was unemployed, on here the wise sages bellowed 'no'

He is quite simply a solid, reliable manager who achieves whatever he is asked - took Bolton to 8th in the premier league, took West Ham up into the premier league, consolidated and finished top half. Now he's kept Sunderland up.

Great manager, but the sort of people who disagree are the same ones who dislike Neil Warnock - "Warnock and Allardyce are dinosaurs, past it, yesterday's men, we need modern, forward thinking foreign coaches...'

Bollox....

I thought he took West Ham down a few seasons back? Albeit they were virtually gone by the time he arrived at the club, if I recall. 

The Championship is going to be a tough league next year. It really is turning into a Prem 2.

Impossible to predict how Newcastle or Villa will perform. Last time I thought Newcastle would struggle but they surprised me so not going to make any predictions this time around about them.

Norwich have the experience so I imagine they will be right up there.

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

Sorry which one of any number of clubs who have a prolonged period of success who would then eventually attract bigger crowds, are you referring to?

The clue is in capacity of over 52,000……….and their coming down?   Do the math

4 minutes ago, bend it like brian said:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/newu.htm

pre keegan 1992 ish and around would you like it highlighted????...cocker

I assumed their ground redevelopment took a decade or more.  You mean there is another reason for less than 50k fanatical Geordies going every match?

Even though they have a pretty well documented history of underachieving they have the potential to be a massive club. 

Infrastructure wise, they are a big club. 

MA hasn't paid it as much attention as he has with his business where he's got the sharpest most commercial retailers around managing it for him - he's tried to put the people in place at Newcastle but they've let him down consistently. 

Have Newcastle been relegated ?    :blink:     I don't keep much notice of what goes on in the Premier League - although news got through to our forum tonight that Norwich have gone down.  :chant6ez:

Ok they'll likely take points off us next season, but any misfortune that comes their way is always welcome.

There was talk as well here (last looking through the thread) and are Newcastle a big name ?  

It's dependant on age I think.     I'm in my 40's and with that, their best days were arguably too early to remember with names like MacDonald and Milburn for them and it seems for me they've only really come to the fore since the introduction of the 1990's.     It's fair to say they're a bigger team than Sunderland or Middlesbrough but their lack of success (their last (real) trophy won was in 1969 if right) dictates they're not on the same level as more established teams you could name or that they have been overtaken, in the true sense.

5 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Have Newcastle been relegated ?    :blink:     I don't keep much notice of what goes on in the Premier League - although news got through to our forum tonight that Norwich have gone down.  :chant6ez:

Ok they'll likely take points off us next season, but any misfortune that comes their way is always welcome.

There was talk as well here (last looking through the thread) and are Newcastle a big name ?  

It's dependant on age I think.     I'm in my 40's and with that, their best days were arguably too early to remember with names like MacDonald and Milburn for them and it seems for me they've only really come to the fore since the introduction of the 1990's.     It's fair to say they're a bigger team than Sunderland or Middlesbrough but their lack of success (their last (real) trophy won was in 1969 if right) dictates they're not on the same level as more established teams you could name or that they have been overtaken, in the true sense.

Hows it looking for McCarthy nest season, if you stick with him I'm sure he'll get you up.

You must be well overdue a return to the Prem by now.

2 minutes ago, screech said:

Hows it looking for McCarthy nest season, if you stick with him I'm sure he'll get you up.

You must be well overdue a return to the Prem by now.

I want McCarthy OUT, there's no ambiguity, he's so incompetent he couldn't complete a three-piece Samantha Fox jigsaw.     The sooner someone kicks him out or he simply resigns, the better.

Strange thing is, half of the support seem to want to allow him another season :blink:

Yeah looking forward to playing Bristol City again next time from August and pleased the team survived.   In the end we (did) beat Milton Keynes but by then you were safe already and the result was immaterial for all clubs involved.

Longest serving championship team as well - been in the same league since 2002, and believe me, it's not looking likely to change any time soon.  :shifty:

Archived