IGNORED

Newcastle Fans Tonight

Sniper

16 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Have Newcastle been relegated ?    :blink:     I don't keep much notice of what goes on in the Premier League - although news got through to our forum tonight that Norwich have gone down.  :chant6ez:

Ok they'll likely take points off us next season, but any misfortune that comes their way is always welcome.

There was talk as well here (last looking through the thread) and are Newcastle a big name ?  

It's dependant on age I think.     I'm in my 40's and with that, their best days were arguably too early to remember with names like MacDonald and Milburn for them and it seems for me they've only really come to the fore since the introduction of the 1990's.     It's fair to say they're a bigger team than Sunderland or Middlesbrough but their lack of success (their last (real) trophy won was in 1969 if right) dictates they're not on the same level as more established teams you could name or that they have been overtaken, in the true sense.

My favourite commentator quote of tonight was "Alex Neil will need a mountain to climb tonight to save Norwich City...however being  mostly sea level he will struggle to find that mountain"

Very Partridge. 

46 minutes ago, Kim_il_sung said:

Thats another 25k attendance for next season then! woop!

Them and Villa should see us sell out for these games. The largest crowd I've ever seen at Ashton Gate I believe would be against Rotherham when it was close to 21k as there was very minimal segregation and about 20 Rotherham fans. It's very likely we will set a new all seater attendance record next season.

1 hour ago, Just Red said:

Them and Villa should see us sell out for these games. The largest crowd I've ever seen at Ashton Gate I believe would be against Rotherham when it was close to 21k as there was very minimal segregation and about 20 Rotherham fans. It's very likely we will set a new all seater attendance record next season.

Definitely. It's the ones the club will be wanting to maximise as much as possible. 

33 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Definitely. It's the ones the club will be wanting to maximise as much as possible. 

I wonder if they will explore giving the entire Atyeo to away fans with the current 1k in the Atyeo being temporarily shifted to the Williams top tier with it also being opened for general sale. 

7 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I wonder if they will explore giving the entire Atyeo to away fans with the current 1k in the Atyeo being temporarily shifted to the Williams top tier with it also being opened for general sale. 

As an Atyeo ST holder,I think that would make sense.I would be happy to move for a game if it helped the club maximize profits.

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think the plan is to give West Stand upper tier blocks plus away blocks already set aside in the Atyeo. 

8 hours ago, maxjak said:

The clue is in capacity of over 52,000……….and their coming down?   Do the math

Wonderful. A system based on how many seats a stadium has.

We better get building, I didn't realise is was that simple.

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Newcastle's first home game next season will be the visit of Burton Albion.

What's the betting odds for the Brewing Capital of Staffordshire winning this one against the Drinking Capital of all Stag/Hen nights?

The superiority complex would be alive and kicking 

10 hours ago, redfred said:

I thought he took West Ham down a few seasons back? Albeit they were virtually gone by the time he arrived at the club, if I recall. 

Nope, Big Sam took over as West Ham manager in 2011 when they were a championship club, he was there from 2011-2015 - he took them up into the premier league and when he left them they were in 12th place

10 hours ago, bend it like brian said:

cocker...the ground redevelopments started in 93 

Not sure if it has been pointed out yet as I haven't read the rest of the thread, but up until 1993 they only had 3 stands - the Leazes stand had not yet been rebuilt. In 1993 they then started the expansion of the existing stands. I think you should really be looking at attendances vs capacity as the absolute attendances are confusing you.

1 hour ago, Buckeyed said:

Not sure if it has been pointed out yet as I haven't read the rest of the thread, but up until 1993 they only had 3 stands - the Leazes stand had not yet been rebuilt. In 1993 they then started the expansion of the existing stands. I think you should really be looking at attendances vs capacity as the absolute attendances are confusing you.

Their capacity back then was 30,000. I remember this because when Keegan took over they jumped from 14,500 in their previous game to a capacity crowd of 30k for Keegan's first game (Barnsley 3-0?).

We played them next I think and got thumped 5-0.

9 minutes ago, redfred said:

Their capacity back then was 30,000. I remember this because when Keegan took over they jumped from 14,500 in their previous game to a capacity crowd of 30k for Keegan's first game (Barnsley 3-0?).

We played them next I think and got thumped 5-0.

This is the point i was eluding to.......until cocker got all menstrual about it 

Archived