IGNORED

Tammy Abraham (Confirmed Loan Signing)

Bs4Red

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Probably tells you how the fans feel about how real the chance of this happening is.

Indeed though the lad has ability and is probably due a loan. He'll fit right in with the lads at Vitesse. I would however like to see a loan or two like this. Young and unproven but with talent. Nice to have a wildcard or two in your squad. 

15 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Oh no it does not move me
Even though I've seen the movie
I don't want to check your pulse
I don't want nobody else

The one and only Elvis Costello but <pedant alert> I don't want to go to Chelsea is a reference to the fashionably bohemian Chelsea Hotel in New York.

Mind you for a Chelsea youngster it's more a case of 'I don't want to go to Vitesse Arnhem'.

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Indeed though the lad has ability and is probably due a loan. He'll fit right in with the lads at Vitesse. I would however like to see a loan or two like this. Young and unproven but with talent. Nice to have a wildcard or two in your squad. 

I am not so sure, having high paid established stars in your team can be justified to the rest of the squad. Having highly paid youngsters may cause some problems among our own home grown talent

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The one and only Elvis Costello but <pedant alert> I don't want to go to Chelsea is a reference to the fashionably bohemian Chelsea Hotel in New York.

Mind you for a Chelsea youngster it's more a case of 'I don't want to go to Vitesse Arnhem'.

Having been a fan for nearly 40 years and recently listened to his autobiography, I found it fascinating how many of his lyrics I had interpreted one way but actually had a completely different meaning.

6 minutes ago, chinapig said:

True, but when Declan McManus was at Fleetwood Jeff Stelling used the line every week..

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Having been a fan for nearly 40 years and recently listened to his autobiography, I found it fascinating how many of his lyrics I had interpreted one way but actually had a completely different meaning.

Yes, and he's up there with the likes of Ray Davies and Paul Weller as one of the great British songwriters. Not that I'm off topic at all, just I'm more ITK about Elvis than BCFC.:yes:

4 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Bollocks to Abraham. What about shawn mccoulsky? Shouldn't he be given a chance if we're going to give youth a go? 

Heard Abraham is going to Lincoln anyway.

10 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I am not so sure, having high paid established stars in your team can be justified to the rest of the squad. Having highly paid youngsters may cause some problems among our own home grown talent

Not a guarantee he's on big wages. For example Marcus Rashford pre England was looking to sign a new contract worth 10k a week. I imagine he was on less that before he broke through and was linked with Crewe I believe. The talent is out there and we will need a bigger squad. 

8 minutes ago, ciderbeans said:

Bollocks to Abraham. What about shawn mccoulsky? Shouldn't he be given a chance if we're going to give youth a go? 

McCoulsky is a project. He only scored 4 in about 17 appearances in the English 9th or 10th division? I'm quite sure he didn't set the U21s on fire either. Where Abraham scored 20 in 32 for Chelsea U21 in all competitions at a higher U21 standard and got an hour of premier league football under his belt. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

What does Vitesse have to do with anything

On 12 May 2016 at 16:07, Bs4Red said:

Not a rumour, just gauging people's thoughts on signing somebody like this?

With LJ links with top premier league clubs surely it could be good to get one of their most talented youngsters on loan?

Abraham has been absolutely phenomenal this season for the Chelsea 21s looks a real player.

Another player I'd like to see is Thierry Ambrose of Man City. 

Both players getting to the age where first team football is going to aid their development and they will struggle to get that with their home clubs 

Should be promoted. He'd be Colonel Abraham then.

Archived