IGNORED

Tammy Abraham (Confirmed Loan Signing)

Bs4Red

4 minutes ago, gas8er said:

The latest I have heard is that he came down to Ashton Gate to sign on loan but decided not to when he was informed that he would play mainly for the U21s. 

That's rubbish.

3 minutes ago, gas8er said:

The latest I have heard is that he came down to Ashton Gate to sign on loan but decided not to when he was informed that he would play mainly for the U21s. 

Surely we wouldn't be so stupid to expect a player to leave an U21 set up in the Premier League to join our U21 set up which would undoubtedly be a standard below what he's been used to?

5 minutes ago, gas8er said:

I can't imagine Chelsea would even have let him come to talk to us if he'd be playing with the under 21s. They'll want him to get some mens football under his belt, they have their own u21 team he could play in

Kodjia, Wilbraham, Tomlin, Garita, Abraham .. not, on paper, a fully fledged proven line up of strikers or natural in such a role. I wonder if it will be enough or if there is a rabbit to be pulled out of the hat to add a permanent one from under the radar? Have I missed anybody? Oh yeah.. Agard. Hmmm.

1 hour ago, gas8er said:

Did the tooth fairy tell you this?

Original I'll give you that :cool:

8 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I think this story first broke when someone realised Lee Johnson was following Tammy Abraham, Kasey Palmer and Todd Kane on Twitter.

I just had a quick look again, read into it what you will, but of those three, LJ has stopped following Abraham....

LJ was never following him, just Kane & Palmer. 

2 minutes ago, Desso said:

Watched it last night, not impressed with him at all. His first touch and control were poor. Had a few tricks but didn't threaten the goal once.

Thanks for your thorough scouting report....this will be passed onto MA and LJ who will no doubt move onto the next target

Watched some other game yesterday.  England didn't look great and Tammy missed a sitter in the small passage of play I seen.  Not drawing any conclusions from that though.

He did look quite slight in build.  Definitely NOT a Rooney that looked like a man at 16/17. This doesn't bother me either but if he comes he will get the usual 'needs to bulk' comment from some.  For me is movement and finishing are what counts and haven't seen enough, but his record in the game so fair for the level he's played at sounds impressive.

17 minutes ago, Desso said:

Watched it last night, not impressed with him at all. His first touch and control were poor. Had a few tricks but didn't threaten the goal once.

I didn't watch the match, but that description sounds like Kodjia on one of his bad days. IF we sign him I think we'll have to accept a bit of inconsistency due to his age and lack of Championship experience  

1 hour ago, Neo said:

Looks like a move on :sad26:

Would not be going on tour if Manager did not want a good look. January maybe?! :grr:

Clubs like Chelsea always take a load of the youngsters on tour so they don't have to "overwork" the stars. Man City had a few kids playing against Bayern Munich the other night. I think this one will still happen.

Archived