IGNORED

Tammy Abraham (Confirmed Loan Signing)

Bs4Red

1 hour ago, BRISTOL86 said:

So that's players from Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Juventus in one transfer window. Not too shabby! 

Indeed.  I was remembering earlier that one of the main reservations to LJ as manager was that he wouldn't have the contacts or reputation to enable us to sign players from top clubs...  Throw in three more signings who were at premier league clubs last season and he's done alright!

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed.  I was remembering earlier that one of the main reservations to LJ as manager was that he wouldn't have the contacts or reputation to enable us to sign players from top clubs...  Throw in three more signings who were at premier league clubs last season and he's done alright!

since johnson has walked through the door here I've been nothing but impressed,

He learns and admit his short comings, he gives young players a chance, He likes attacking football and he's now delievered in the transfer market, He could become one of our greatest ever managers, top 10 has to be the aim this season followed by a promotion push next season

10 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He learns and admit his short comings, he gives young players a chance, He likes attacking football and he's now delievered in the transfer market, He could become one of our greatest ever managers, top 10 has to be the aim this season followed by a promotion push next season

Agree with all this. I've gone for 9th this season. Then again I predicted 10th for last...Let's see. 

11 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

From what I've seen so far and the progression he has made just in the short time with us, I can see him managing at the top level. Hopefully that will be with us!

Holy mother of god...we are playing in the big boys league now...I can just imagine the call...

"Hi, Antonio, It's me, do you have anyone you don't want that we could borrow?"

"Who's that speaking?"

"Lee"

"Who?"

"Lee johnson"

"Who?"

"Lil Lee, Gary's son"

"Who?"

"Manager of Bristol City"

"Who?"

"You know, twice Football League Trophy winners"

"What?"

"The Wurzels"

"Oh, why didn't you say, take your pick son, Im a massive fan of those lads"

He's no mug kid, real deal, probably even more highly thought of than Lingard was when we were sniffing after him...roll on 3:00pm!

17 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

He can hardly admit his tall comings, what with him being vertically challenged.

This is the kind of signing that other clubs usually make and we look enviously on. Patrick Bamford springs to mind. 

Lets all be realistic and understand that we have ZERO chance of signing this guy permenantly because he is here to develop and Chelsea have hight hopes for him developing into a 1st player for them. 

Great signing, great work by all involved at our club! 

The movement of TA and JK, being fed by LT is so exciting! 

I reckon more than half of our potential starting eleven wouldn't be out of place in a mid-table Prem side:

Kodjia, Tomlin, Abrahams, O'Neill, Flint, and probably Magnusson (although I haven't seen him play yet). If we can keep those players fit we must be pushing near the top this season (in theory anyway)

14 hours ago, Neo said:

Personally I am excited by this possibility.

Yes he is unproven in men's football but so was every other player before they weren't - and one or two turned out quite well quite quickly !!

Chelsea took him on tour following decent involvement for England under 19s. Chelsea believe he could be a first team player for them - that would mean a few million pound striker in the making, maybe a full cap England striker in the future and Chelsea appear, albeit from rumour, to have faith to place his raw talents in our control.

Let's try a glass half full approach - he is good and pops in a few for us, Chelsea see this development in his time here and say thanks very much. We have the next Tammy coming through but he needs "man games" - any chance you could take him and teach him. Also we got a couple more coming through etc etc

This could be a great opportunity for all - could lead nowhere and we lose nothing or it could lead somewhere and everybody gains - just a thought !!

No doubt. I agree with you fully. Just think it's a gamble because he's probably our #2 striker now and we would have to rely on him without JK. Personally think we could use one more. TA has loads of potential and talent though and I hope he scores a bunch. Great loan signing just don't know about relying on him without seeing him play first. 

On 9 June 2016 at 22:23, Stuttz89 said:

I have it on good authority that Lee Johnson visited Tammy's house to speak about signing a 1 year loan deal. I teach his brother in Surrey who spilled the beans not knowing that I'm a city fan...

Nobody ever listens to a newbie with 1 post..............

32 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

I reckon more than half of our potential starting eleven wouldn't be out of place in a mid-table Prem side:

Kodjia, Tomlin, Abrahams, O'Neill, Flint, and probably Magnusson (although I haven't seen him play yet). If we can keep those players fit we must be pushing near the top this season (in theory anyway)

I think we have some class at this level now but let's not get carried away. O'Neil played a limited number of games for a relegated side last year and even Tomlin was deemed surplus at a team that finished 16th.

42 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Lets all be realistic and understand that we have ZERO chance of signing this guy permenantly because he is here to develop and Chelsea have hight hopes for him developing into a 1st player for them. 

Absolutely. Hopefully he can help us have a good enough season (along with the rest of our improved squad)  so we can then attract other high quality players to sign for us.

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think we have some class at this level now but let's not get carried away. O'Neil played a limited number of games for a relegated side last year and even Tomlin was deemed surplus at a team that finished 16th.

O'Neill played 27 times and rated by Norwich fans as one of their better players, Tomlin wasn't ever given a proper chance but I'm sure he'd be OK at that level with the right club

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Look on the gloomy side, the nightmare scenario: Tammy and Kodj get 20+ apiece this season - just imagine the angst on this forum next summer. Kodj for certain off to sit on Everton's* bench; Tammy never ever going to sign for us in a million years; Wilbs will have a zimmer frame by then. We'll be strikerless and all on Valium, mark my words.......

* ITK this - It's Total Krapp......but never miss a chance to be gloomy.

With this squad in theory we could do fantastic this season, top 6 why not!? But after last season I'll take everything with a pinch of salt, if the players don't gel tomorrow or play at their level a defeat to Wigan would be a very bad start. Then again 2 wins from the first 2 could set up something special going forward.

A great signing and completes a brilliant summer (well, unless we still have a defender to come?!) such a contrast to last year.

my excitement about tomorrow is only tempered by the memory of last time I felt this excited at the start of a season, under Steve Coppell.

i really think Abraham could be a perfect partner for Kodj: similar strengths, pace, running etc, and defences will find it hard to cope with both. And he's a big guy too, which will give Kodj that little bit more room; he always looked better last season playing alongside Wilbs, when the big central defender was worrying about Wilbs.

roll on tomorrow!!

3 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

With this squad in theory we could do fantastic this season, top 6 why not!? But after last season I'll take everything with a pinch of salt, if the players don't gel tomorrow or play at their level a defeat to Wigan would be a very bad start. Then again 2 wins from the first 2 could set up something special going forward.

As LJ said we mustn't expect too much too soon, the younger players are going to take a few games before we get the best out of them. I won't be panicking if we lose tomorrow although I'm sure it will go into meltdown on here!

8 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

O'Neill played 27 times and rated by Norwich fans as one of their better players, Tomlin wasn't ever given a proper chance but I'm sure he'd be OK at that level with the right club

O'Neil made 19 starts in a team that was relegated and has chosen to drop down a division. Of course Tomlin has class but mid table Premier League midfielders don't go for £3m at age 28.

I just think people need to calm down a bit.

Archived