IGNORED

Tammy Abraham (Confirmed Loan Signing)

Bs4Red

5 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

He's got premier league class written all over him. Make the most of this season because unless we come up with

big bucks we won't have him here next season. If we happened to get promoted maybe that's the only way he could be here.

He looked good today but I'd say your comment is a bit hasty. We've watched him for about 30 mins, let's see how he gets on for a few more games before we make big statements like that! 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

He looked good today but I'd say your comment is a bit hasty. We've watched him for about 30 mins, let's see how he gets on for a few more games before we make big statements like that! 

It is a big statement and I stand by what I said. Obviously he needs game time and at last we have a good

squad of players but he made all the difference today.

20 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

He's got premier league class written all over him. Make the most of this season because unless we come up with

big bucks we won't have him here next season. If we happened to get promoted maybe that's the only way he could be here.

Chelsea have him down as a starter for them in the next couple of seasons so there is no way we will sign him 

11 minutes ago, robinreliant said:

It is a big statement and I stand by what I said. Obviously he needs game time and at last we have a good

squad of players but he made all the difference today.

Yep he was great today, made a big difference and looking forward to seeing more. 

Just now, RedDave said:

Chelsea have him down as a starter for them in the next couple of seasons so there is no way we will sign him 

All it takes is a change of management or for Chelsea to buy some players and he could end up down the pecking order ala Bamford. About time one of their 2543 young players made a breakthrough there though.

Blimey, I'm going to massively over-react here, but that was a brilliant 25 minutes.

The bits on YouTube made him look a bit gangly, awkward, albeit talented at age group football.

But boy, he's big and reasonably strong, comes short, spins, goes long.  Good touch, good awareness, prepared to be hit by his marker.  He is an incredible talent.

Of course he won't play like that every week, but he can quickly become a fans favourite.  Right, I'm off to calm down.

1 hour ago, Moor2Sea said:

Impressed. Might act to wake Kodja up a bit. 

Interesting that he was working on the same mental level as Tomlin with some good flicks between the two. Great partnership in the making. Quick football brain, movement and feet. 

Exactly what I said at the game... different class & that partnership is going to be very exciting to watch. Was also told there is no release clause so he can't be called back to Chelsea...

On 8/5/2016 at 10:22, Neo said:

Sorry Dad. Always one that moans at anybody trying to have a bit of fun - don't like it, don't read it.

I will of course be concerned :yawn:

To be fair to not like something you do have to actually read it on a internet forum! Just sayin'

However the bloke has the feel of a kid who is going to be very good!!

Listening to LJ's interview on the radio made me appreciate how much work was put into getting this lad here. Presentations to the Chelsea'a management to explain "our philosophy", meeting with his parents to explain why he should choose us. People need to consider these aspects before moaning about how long we "apparently" take to make signings!

As others have said, terrific debut.

Great attitude as well. Good to see a young kid demanding the ball, encouraging and berating his team mates.

He really appreciated the fans' support as well.

Really looking forward to see him, Tomlin & Kodjia linking up.

With Korey & O'Neil behind them as holding players, I think we are going to have a good season.

43 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Listening to LJ's interview on the radio made me appreciate how much work was put into getting this lad here. Presentations to the Chelsea'a management to explain "our philosophy", meeting with his parents to explain why he should choose us. People need to consider these aspects before moaning about how long we "apparently" take to make signings!

I think this is where we are going to benefit going forward.

A year ago under Cotts we were an unattractive proposition for the transfer targets we went after, but although he did brilliantly for us in our promotion season, with hindsight it is easy to see that Costs was/is a very traditional manager in the way he went about things.   

Ashton gets a fair few jibes abut his "corporate speak" and being a suit, but with him and LJ I think we have a management team who take on new ideas and I can easily see how they would make presentations to a club like Chelsea and the player's parents to "sell" Bristol City  to them. 

We all know what the club and the City has to offer, but without this positive approach we would continue to be seen as the football backwater that I think the football world thinks we are. 

With the stadium completed we have a ground to match any at this level, an owner that most clubs can only envy and fans craving success. We now do seem to have a management team doing things the right way, both on and off the pitch, and although it might not happen straight away, I can see our reputation as a club growing stronger season by season. The only thing that might hold us back is our ability to complete financially with the clubs carrying premier league parachute payments, but hopefully some of this disadvantage will change once the commercial benefits of the new stadium start to come through.

I know it's easy to get ahead of ourselves and in general I try to be positive about the club's chances, but I genuinely feel as optimistic about the club's future than I have for a long time.

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

I think this is where we are going to benefit going forward.

A year ago under Cotts we were an unattractive proposition for the transfer targets we went after, but although he did brilliantly for us in our promotion season, with hindsight it is easy to see that Costs was/is a very traditional manager in the way he went about things.   

Ashton gets a fair few jibes abut his "corporate speak" and being a suit, but with him and LJ I think we have a management team who take on new ideas and I can easily see how they would make presentations to a club like Chelsea and the player's parents to "sell" Bristol City  to them. 

We all know what the club and the City has to offer, but without this positive approach we would continue to be seen as the football backwater that I think the football world thinks we are. 

With the stadium completed we have a ground to match any at this level, an owner that most clubs can only envy and fans craving success. We now do seem to have a management team doing things the right way, both on and off the pitch, and although it might not happen straight away, I can see our reputation as a club growing stronger season by season. The only thing that might hold us back is our ability to complete financially with the clubs carrying premier league parachute payments, but hopefully some of this disadvantage will change once the commercial benefits of the new stadium start to come through.

I know it's easy to get ahead of ourselves and in general I try to be positive about the club's chances, but I genuinely feel as optimistic about the club's future than I have for a long time.

I agree with all that, the parachute payments however can be quickly swallowed up in maintaining the wages of overpaid failures or be badly spent and we have seen a few examples of that in recent seasons. They are not necessarily the huge advantage that everyone makes them out to be.

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Really interesting hearing Ashton talk about how they got Tammy and their obligations to Chelsea.  Thorough job, and good negotiator by the sounds of it. :yes:

Presenting the club to Chelsea staff etc. Pretty detailed. He mentioned Chelsea in answer to a question about a "link" or "relationship" as he put it. Reading between the lines, if this one goes well - maybe he's hopeful of more good loans. A bit like Spurs and Swindon perhaps.

On 08/08/2016 at 22:03, Phileas Fogg said:

Presenting the club to Chelsea staff etc. Pretty detailed. He mentioned Chelsea in answer to a question about a "link" or "relationship" as he put it. Reading between the lines, if this one goes well - maybe he's hopeful of more good loans. A bit like Spurs and Swindon perhaps.

This kid is something special, especially at this level. Would anyone consider asking Chelsea how much, already? The sell on fee for bolasie could come very useful.

Every game he plays at this rate, his price goes only one way !

Archived