IGNORED

Tammy Abraham (Confirmed Loan Signing)

Bs4Red

27 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

IF we do sign him....I sincerely hope there's an option to buy. 

IF not, why not just keep Wes and develop him? Unless this Tammy lad is mustard and gets us promoted singlehandedly

If we sign this lad after Wes gets loaned out then the simple answer is presumably that we think - at this point in time - that he will offer us more than Wes. 

6 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

The amount of players Chelsea loan out, or are allowed to loan out, is a disgrace. When I am King, clubs wouldn't be allowed to loan out any more than 5 players per season. Chelsea is where young English talent goes to die. Another rule: you shouldn't be allowed to loan a player out you've only just bought. Should have to wait 2 (maybe 3) years. Would stop top clubs hoarding loads of promising youngsters only to loan them out. Clubs buying a player from X club and then loaning them straight back is ridiculous. 

Agreed except with the English talent but. It's where any talent goes to die. They've got numerous nationalities in their "academy" who go out on loan. Brazilians, Czechs, English and others. I agree there should be a limit of loans. Maybe 10. Think Chelsea had about 40 on loan last season. 

28 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

If we sign this lad after Wes gets loaned out then the simple answer is presumably that we think - at this point in time - that he will offer us more than Wes. 

Is he not a different type of player than Wes though? Bigger stature, more in the Wilb's mould.

Though I read earlier he was a big, strong player, could be wrong but not a like for like player?

5 minutes ago, ForeverRed said:

Is he not a different type of player than Wes though? Bigger stature, more in the Wilb's mould.

Though I read earlier he was a big, strong player, could be wrong but not a like for like player?

I would say more of a Costa / drogba style striker.

33 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Agreed. But unless he is genuinely class, and will be first team starter, why have him in / around the squad getting developed and Championship exposure, when we could have kept Wes and allowed him to develop here instead of at Aberdeen? 

I know the answer will be that there may be more immediate impact from Abraham if his currently ability is better than Wes, but I fail to see the benefit that City will get from such an arrangement....

38 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

The amount of players Chelsea loan out, or are allowed to loan out, is a disgrace. When I am King, clubs wouldn't be allowed to loan out any more than 5 players per season. Chelsea is where young English talent goes to die. Another rule: you shouldn't be allowed to loan a player out you've only just bought. Should have to wait 2 (maybe 3) years. Would stop top clubs hoarding loads of promising youngsters only to loan them out. Clubs buying a player from X club and then loaning them straight back is ridiculous. 

What about work permit issues? Some clubs will sign a young player and a loan to a country where he is eligible is his only was of getting game time

7 minutes ago, reformed_red said:

Agreed. But unless he is genuinely class, and will be first team starter, why have him in / around the squad getting developed and Championship exposure, when we could have kept Wes and allowed him to develop here instead of at Aberdeen? 

I know the answer will be that there may be more immediate impact from Abraham if his currently ability is better than Wes, but I fail to see the benefit that City will get from such an arrangement....

Well with Wes tied down for another two years it means he's getting games in the short term and hopefully developing whilst we get the 'immediate' impact and an improved asset (Wes) back afterwards. 

All hypothetical of course. 

8 minutes ago, City169 said:

What about work permit issues? Some clubs will sign a young player and a loan to a country where he is eligible is his only was of getting game time

That's their problem. And, how many of these youngsters loaned out from Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc, go back and make it big? The best ones don't seem (on the whole) to get loaned out. It's the top clubs' way of hoarding talent. And it doesn't actually benefit the player. More a case of a lost few years whilst being pimped out from club to club. 

4 minutes ago, Fat Cigar said:

That's their problem. And, how many of these youngsters loaned out from Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool etc, go back and make it big? The best ones don't seem (on the whole) to get loaned out. It's the top clubs' way of hoarding talent. And it doesn't actually benefit the player. More a case of a lost few years whilst being pimped out from club to club. 

Not disagreeing with that, but if it's a club that isn't hoarding the talent and thinks they can steal this player from one of the Man Citys/Chelseas then they would need the loan possibility

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well with Wes tied down for another two years it means he's getting games in the short term and hopefully developing whilst we get the 'immediate' impact and an improved asset (Wes) back afterwards. 

Yeah - I guess if Wes is happy with that (which he seems to be given comments on another thread), then it's good for all. I just dislike Prem clubs having farm-loads of young talent, and expecting lower-level clubs to take their risk, and charge them for it in the process. Glad we did;t sign Canos for that very reason.....

Having said that, I'm sure if Tammy scores on his debut I will post about how much I love the loan system.....:cool:

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Plus playing in Europe, for w while at least!

9 minutes ago, City169 said:

Not disagreeing with that, but if it's a club that isn't hoarding the talent and thinks they can steal this player from one of the Man Citys/Chelseas then they would need the loan possibility

That's fine, but I'd like to see this limit. 

On 5/12/2016 at 16:07, Bs4Red said:

Not a rumour, just gauging people's thoughts on signing somebody like this?

With LJ links with top premier league clubs surely it could be good to get one of their most talented youngsters on loan?

Abraham has been absolutely phenomenal this season for the Chelsea 21s looks a real player.

Another player I'd like to see is Thierry Ambrose of Man City. 

Both players getting to the age where first team football is going to aid their development and they will struggle to get that with their home clubs 

Where does the Tammy Abraham link stem from, can someone enlighten me? Is this in the works and if so how do we know? And by the way, it's been a great few days signing-wise. The squad is certainly shaping up!

Although Tammy could be a real bonus to the squad for the coming season, we would still be developing someone else's player and not one of our own.  If he ended up being a superstar, he would keep one of our players on the sidelines and create a real void in the team when he had to go back at the end of his loan.  Mind you, if he secured the points to guarantee safety or promotion, it would be a super bit of management!  I rather hope that we can sign a permanent player.

20 minutes ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

Where does the Tammy Abraham link stem from, can someone enlighten me? Is this in the works and if so how do we know? And by the way, it's been a great few days signing-wise. The squad is certainly shaping up!

Came from a Chelsea youth team tweet. Link was at the beginning of the thread.

1 hour ago, Redcliffe1990 said:

See post 146

Understand he's joining on season long loan and is due at the club immediately after England U19s tournament finishes. This loan was agreed with Chelsea and their U21 Management team at the end of last season. There is not an option to buy at the end of the loan as Chelsea see him as a potential first team player in the future. 

I spoke to a mate of mine that's a huge Chelsea fan, and he says that both Tammy Abraham and Dominic Solanke look the real deal for their youth teams, and a lot of Chelsea fans were calling for the former to play more games and the latter to come back from loan. If we've actually got a shot of landing Abraham then I think we might unearth a gem.

I think this story first broke when someone realised Lee Johnson was following Tammy Abraham, Kasey Palmer and Todd Kane on Twitter.

I just had a quick look again, read into it what you will, but of those three, LJ has stopped following Abraham....

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

I think this story first broke when someone realised Lee Johnson was following Tammy Abraham, Kasey Palmer and Todd Kane on Twitter.

I just had a quick look again, read into it what you will, but of those three, LJ has stopped following Abraham....

To try to not raise speculation cus we are in for him ;)

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Maybe he tweets a lot of shit and LJ got sick of his timeline being spammed?

Archived