IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

6 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

I would hold fire just to be sure. I don't doubt the signing but this seems like a hack. I worked in IT for years and something is a miss. Bcfctweets is still silent and we know we control that. Even Tomlin is silent still!

Or someone jumped the gun in posting it? Especially considering he's been photographed. Hope you don't work in IT anymore:facepalm:

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We don't control the Bristol Sport site?

Didn't say that but easier to spoof a website than hack our Twitter account. Both our Twitter and a certain prolific poster haven't said one word. Seems legit?!?!

3 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

Didn't say that but easier to spoof a website than hack our Twitter account. Both our Twitter and a certain prolific poster haven't said one word. Seems legit?!?!

I think it's beyond reasonable doubt. The article is well written and he is photographed in the new shirt. Seems unlikely the would-be hacker also managed to convince Tomlin to pose for a photo.

I have said before the club needs to up its game and in the 21st century tell fans what is going on

OK no one expects them to be 100% transparent but the Tomlin business urgently needs a proper Press Release.

Come on City get a grip!!

Couldn't give a monkeys how it's been announced. At last there is some actual news!

I'd much rather be welcoming a new player with a hashed web leak, then reading how we're "shocked at championship wages" seamlessly across all media platforms. 

Welcome Tomlin! Happy, happy days. 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think it's beyond reasonable doubt. The article is well written and he is photographed in the new shirt. Seems unlikely the would-be hacker also managed to convince Tomlin to pose for a photo.

Must've been done yesterday then. Been quite a sunny day today. I wonder why they don't want to release it yet? I don't doubt it's a legit article but it was dodgy from the time it came out. 

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I have said before the club needs to up its game and in the 21st century tell fans what is going on

OK no one expects them to be 100% transparent but the Tomlin business urgently needs a proper Press Release.

Come on City get a grip!!

Don't you think the fact it's been taken down means it wasn't released as they intended? As in, without a press release etc. not sure what you're on about, beyond trying to find a stick to beat the club with.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Photoshopped?! If only it didn't hurt to :laugh:.

Fair enough, I was looking at the Screenshot of the article. Now I saw a full picture it looks more genuine. Still weird though, completely different to Brownhill and O Neil.

I also agree that it's shameful that the U21 players don't get their own article, whoever is to blame.

Archived