IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Why do I worry as a City supporter for nearly 8 decades?

Because whatever the truth turns out to be the Club are not acting in a professional way

If this was a one off fine but it isn't - last summer and then the SC saga

If we are a serious club we need to get our administration right - there will be many pitfalls in the next few years

So pissed off that the club have proved you wrong by making a big signing, you decide to moan about the way it has been released instead? FFS

completely surreal situation. The club employs a media team, presumably in part to manage news emerging from the club. This is the biggest story in a good few years and yet the exclusive confirmations are in the local press. Now, I'll bet that the Post and Bournemouth Echo are putting two and two together and jumping the gun, but for heavens sake…unless, of course, it's not yet a done deal. 

Assuming it is all sealed then this is a media department shambles.

Hoping it is sealed!

Edit: Thanks heavens it is!!!

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Because whatever the truth turns out to be the Club are not acting in a professional way

If we are a serious club we need to get our administration right - there will be many pitfalls in the next few years

Cheer up, we've signed Lee Tomlin.

• Admin
10 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

And still nothing from anywhere else bar people who have picked it up from the BS website. Humour me, if this is legit (either timing wise or factually) why hasn't Lee himself started interacting with the fans......

Maybe he has got a life!

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

for **** sake

anything to have a dig at the club for some people

On 26 June 2016 at 18:55, pongo88 said:

Don't have a tantrum. We need the Major to remind us what the forum is really about. I'm not sure what this is exactly, but it's definitely not factual stories. 

8 minutes ago, nellie said:

Àlister Durden confirmed he'd signed on twitter.

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So pissed off that the club have proved you wrong by making a big signing, you decide to moan about the way it has been released instead? FFS

An hour and a half ago he was complaining about big signings being primadonnas and that maybe we should look elsewhere.

Anyone would think he just likes moaning.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I demand to know which Mod has changed the title of this. 

(Part of me hopes its been changed to add to the drama rather than a mod actually believes this isn't official!)

T'wasn't me, but I stand by what has been stated. Sorry. 

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's pretty obvious that the article was posted in error. No one associated with the club - least of all the manager - is going to break the official silence until the news is officially announced. Your alternative suggestion that the content of the article itself was not true seems unlikely, to put it mildly.

I said throughout that I believe he signed. I know children however that could mock that stuff up. I was just saying that until something more concrete appears. You may want to wait a little longer. I know it's stupid as we agree he has signed but I don't buy the announcement. That is all.

Landing on OTIB 5 minutes ago the thread name on the home page was literally 'Lee Tomlin (merged) off'...  Extreme panic while my iPad slowly opened the full thread title to reveal off was short for official.  Thanks a bunch for that!  Thread title now 'back to waiting for confirmation' is a relative major plus for me.

4 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

I said throughout that I believe he signed. I know children however that could mock that stuff up. I was just saying that until something more concrete appears. You may want to wait a little longer. I know it's stupid as we agree he has signed but I don't buy the announcement. That is all.

I believe it was genuine but released before the ink has dried on the contract and someone smudged the print, maybe.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

He's still upset about Brexit. Bless him.

10 minutes ago, I Am A Cider Drinker said:

This error has got to mean that other signings are due to be announced at the same time, the article wasn't even a confirmation it was an interview with Tomlin to go along side the confirmation, someone has messed up and will get a slap on the wrists, it seems obvious he has signed but who else along with him???

So you saying this has been released kinda accidentally on purpose?

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

I believe it was genuine but released before the ink has dried on the contract and someone smudged the print, maybe.

I do not disagree. It could easily have been a wind up and at this point, it still could be. Have we had Jon comment.... Nope. Lee....... Nope......... Tomlin........ Nope......... Bristol city football club........... Nope............ Do you see where I am coming from? He has signed, I know it deep down but it doesn't add up. It's a botch job of epic proportions isn't it!

Archived