IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

Welcome Lee.

I am not particularly anti Bristol Sport but I don't understand why it would be announced on that website before City's own site. Bristol Sport is meant to be a body of clubs sharing admin, costs ideas etc... Feels a bit strange and will add fuel to the fire that it is more than just the stated above.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

My worry is not about the signing but the amateur media approach of the club _ v. above

Whilst I agree, if they are going to mess anything up I'd rather they got the signings right and the mega wrong than the other way round.

5 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Welcome Lee.

I am not particularly anti Bristol Sport but I don't understand why it would be announced on that website before City's own site. Bristol Sport is meant to be a body of clubs sharing admin, costs ideas etc... Feels a bit strange and will add fuel to the fire that it is more than just the stated above.

It's not a Bristol Sport v Bristol City issue, it's clearly just an administrative screw up. It could equally have been posted on BCFC by mistake so let's not turn this into a bigger issue than it is.

And still nothing from anywhere else bar people who have picked it up from the BS website. Humour me, if this is legit (either timing wise or factually) why hasn't Lee himself started interacting with the fans. It's been carnage on Twitter for weeks. He would be mopping it up. BCFCtweets for all of there faults are not this slack either. If BS website had dropped the ball, a simple phone call would have been made and a tweet saying Tomlin signs, more to follow would have gone out. If I am wrong that is absolutely fine by me, but it is a amateur hour.

Think this is the real deal. Look at the Dolman flood lights on the photo. Only done a week or so ago. Can't imagine a photo shopper going to such an extreme.

Reckon someone typed it with intent to upload tomorrow and pressed the wrong button... whoops...

3 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

And still nothing from anywhere else bar people who have picked it up from the BS website. Humour me, if this is legit (either timing wise or factually) why hasn't Lee himself started interacting with the fans. It's been carnage on Twitter for weeks. He would be mopping it up. BCFCtweets for all of there faults are not this slack either. If BS website had dropped the ball, a simple phone call would have been made and a tweet saying Tomlin signs, more to follow would have gone out. If I am wrong that is absolutely fine by me, but it is a mature hour.

Well it looks like they "dropped the ball" by mistake and the announcement was probably due to be put up tomorrow.

All jokes aside the deal is pretty clearly all done now.

5 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

And still nothing from anywhere else bar people who have picked it up from the BS website. Humour me, if this is legit (either timing wise or factually) why hasn't Lee himself started interacting with the fans. It's been carnage on Twitter for weeks. He would be mopping it up. BCFCtweets for all of there faults are not this slack either. If BS website had dropped the ball, a simple phone call would have been made and a tweet saying Tomlin signs, more to follow would have gone out. If I am wrong that is absolutely fine by me, but it is a mature hour.

Perhaps he`s been told to keep schtum until after the official announcement.

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

This is a big , big statement of intentions.

Well done to Ashton and the team for pulling this deal off .

Welcome home Lee , make us proud .

But Major you must be mistaken because we are not showing any ambition as a club and it's all a smoke screen, oh no wait, where are all those posters who have said this? Hello? Hello? oh maybe they will be back later to say how wrong they were

Why do I worry as a City supporter for nearly 8 decades?

Because whatever the truth turns out to be the Club are not acting in a professional way

If this was a one off fine but it isn't - last summer and then the SC saga

If we are a serious club we need to get our administration right - there will be many pitfalls in the next few years

7 minutes ago, AJgEEZa said:

And still nothing from anywhere else bar people who have picked it up from the BS website. Humour me, if this is legit (either timing wise or factually) why hasn't Lee himself started interacting with the fans. It's been carnage on Twitter for weeks. He would be mopping it up. BCFCtweets for all of there faults are not this slack either. If BS website had dropped the ball, a simple phone call would have been made and a tweet saying Tomlin signs, more to follow would have gone out. If I am wrong that is absolutely fine by me, but it is a amateur hour.

It's pretty obvious that the article was posted in error. No one associated with the club - least of all the manager - is going to break the official silence until the news is officially announced. Your alternative suggestion that the content of the article itself was not true seems unlikely, to put it mildly.

Archived