IGNORED

Lee Tomlin (Merged)

Ian M

13 hours ago, El Hombrecito said:

Screenshot_20160705-192940.png

Two huge new and one refurbed stands in an almost complete state of the art stadium and little Lee insists on the diminutive old Atyeo as a backdrop to the photo.... Mini-me syndrome? .... 

(only joking... Good Job LJ and all, welcome back to Ashton Gate Lee Tomlin...

here we go here we go here we gooooo!!! ) 

1 hour ago, Br1stolCityBoy said:

Welcome to Ashton Gate  LT as one of our own. Now we should see more signings arrive. LT is just the sort of advert this club needs. 

I've never got this 'one of our own' thing - why is LT one of our own?! He was born in Leicester and has played for seven clubs.

People were saying the same when LJ came back - despite the fact he'd played for ten clubs including two in Scotland and was born in Newmarket.

Fair enough if a Bristolian plays zillions of games for us - then that would be 'one of our own.'

It's brill that we've got LT back and he will undoubtedly give everything for our cause - but i'd love to know why he's one of our own.

It's the same as 'Legend' - bandied about with no real justification.

[Sorry to be a miserable old git!]

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I've never got this 'one of our own' thing - why is LT one of our own?! He was born in Leicester and has played for seven clubs.

People were saying the same when LJ came back - despite the fact he'd played for ten clubs including two in Scotland and was born in Newmarket.

Fair enough if a Bristolian plays zillions of games for us - then that would be 'one of our own.'

It's brill that we've got LT back and he will undoubtedly give everything for our cause - but i'd love to know why he's one of our own.

I think in this case the "one of our own" was meaning as a Bristol City player rather than a Bournemouth player on loan

11 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Perhaps one of our own as in signed to us and not a loan player?

• Admin
26 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Ok Mr Misery ;)

I would simply class him as "One of our own" as he will be representing OUR club for the next three years

• Admin

People can become fans though and then I'd say they are one of us. I didn't actually move to Bristol until I was 18 but after 20years here I feel like one of you guys. ;)

As the club LJ has spent most time at I think we are the club he feels most affinity to even if we weren't his boyhood club. 

24 minutes ago, Ian M said:

People can become fans though and then I'd say they are one of us. I didn't actually move to Bristol until I was 18 but after 20years here I feel like one of you guys. ;)

As the club LJ has spent most time at I think we are the club he feels most affinity to even if we weren't his boyhood club. 

Run Forrest ... run

Apologies if this has already been confirmed somewhere in last 20 pages, i was reading them all until he signed around page 70ish and then went to pub to celebrate ha.

Based on the fact fee was undisclosed, do we know whether it was definitely a club record fee or not? (ie bigger than the maynrd 2.25M)

I appreciate we don't know the exact figure but have the club stated whether he becomes our record signing or not?

Cheers

33 minutes ago, internetjef said:

Apologies if this has already been confirmed somewhere in last 20 pages, i was reading them all until he signed around page 70ish and then went to pub to celebrate ha.

Based on the fact fee was undisclosed, do we know whether it was definitely a club record fee or not? (ie bigger than the maynrd 2.25M)

I appreciate we don't know the exact figure but have the club stated whether he becomes our record signing or not?

Cheers

its less then maynard fee, I heard it was about 1.8 million plus add ons, but I'm not sure if true,

it will be 6 million by the time the gas finish the bitterness however

At last! Tomlin was a godsend last season, and I'm hoping that as a permanent signing we'll see much more from him. He's an ambitious guy clearly, and hopefully he can realise that ambition as a part of this squad.

O'Neill and Tomlin are two decent signings that have made our midfield look a lot brighter. My only concern now is that we need to bolster our front line and our defence. Hopefully LJ and Ashton will pull another coup out of the bag.

4 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Anyone else feel like their life is empty now? My F5 key has limped back into semi-retirement and I no longer feel the need to tweet Tommo every 49 seconds 

Definitely = I think we should sell him on now and then we can have a right 100 page rant about that trying to come up with the best allowable shouts :-

Change your surname MA - you are not fit to own it. 

Grow up LJ you short arse etc. 

Would be great fun :blink:

50 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Anyone else feel like their life is empty now? My F5 key has limped back into semi-retirement and I no longer feel the need to tweet Tommo every 49 seconds 

What do you mean now?

Archived