IGNORED

Bristol Rugby Football tonight

crusader

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The bloke next to me in the SS slagged off Robinson all game "just like watching Scotland" he kept saying. Reckoned that Lansdown should replace him this summer in preparation for the Premiership next season.

Watch this space....

My husband rugby going workmates are convinced Robinson won't be there next year, they been saying so for weeks. I don't take much notice of who is in charge etc, not like I do for football, but it seems they think if he failed to get promotion he would be gone, BUT equally now he has got them up he will be gone too as he has failed in the Premiership before.

19 minutes ago, cynic said:

Undoubtedly.

Several 25k plus crowds to look forward to for the rugger buggers.

The games against Bath, Gloucester and Exeter will be definitely sell outs. Might even use the top teir in the new West Stand. 

I'll ask my Bristol Rugby SC holder mate if he can get me a ticket for those matches.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The games against Bath, Gloucester and Exeter will be definitely sell outs. Might even use the top teir in the new West Stand. 

I'll ask my Bristol Rugby SC holder mate if he can get me a ticket for those matches.

If you've got a City season ticket, you'll have priority for getting rugby tickets anyway.

10 minutes ago, RedM said:

My husband rugby going workmates are convinced Robinson won't be there next year, they been saying so for weeks. I don't take much notice of who is in charge etc, not like I do for football, but it seems they think if he failed to get promotion he would be gone, BUT equally now he has got them up he will be gone too as he has failed in the Premiership before.

I've heard the same about Robinson. Wouldn't be that surprised to see Holley leave too.

33 minutes ago, Super said:

Perfectly summed up by this moron

See their rugby club made it to the premiership tonight.
Still brings the failure of the football club into perspective- all that money pumped into them and they get over taken by a rugby club - the gift that keeps giving

So jealous aren't they, maybe drink up thy zider was too hard for them to take haha i pity them...

But what a night for Bristol rugby good to see our respective owner enjoying his rejuvenation of Bristol sports!

3 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

If you've got a City season ticket, you'll have priority for getting rugby tickets anyway.

I have to say that sounds wrong.  If I was a regular, but non-ST, rugby follower, I'd be annoyed if some football fans got priority for the big rugby games.

The reverse applies for the big football games.

36 minutes ago, bigbash said:

Took this picture tonight. Sorry for the poor quality, bloody digital zoom.

Hopefully discussing the final details of a couple of transfers. The third bloke is Lansdown i promise!

Congrats to Bristol made hard work of it but got there in the end!

20160525_193633.jpg

I'm guessing that's MA and LJ? Also looks like M Dolman?

It's really nice to see the heads of the football club also supporting the rugby club. It makes me feel as if we are one sporting club rather than two separate clubs.

14 minutes ago, Chivs said:

I have to say that sounds wrong.  If I was a regular, but non-ST, rugby follower, I'd be annoyed if some football fans got priority for the big rugby games.

The reverse applies for the big football games.

Rugby fans can get equal footing with a membership that pays for itself if you attend a handful of games.

7 hours ago, Just Red said:

I'm surprised by how many now think the rugby club have over taken us? In parts the Rugby Premiership is equal to the Championship in my opinion.

How is the top league in rugby equal to the second league in football?  They haven't overtaken us its two different sports.

7 hours ago, Just Red said:

I'm guessing that's MA and LJ? Also looks like M Dolman?

It's really nice to see the heads of the football club also supporting the rugby club. It makes me feel as if we are one sporting club rather than two separate clubs.

I don't see Marina, that looks like the Lady Mayoress to me! I didn't see Marina last night as I was sat infront of the Heinekein, W something right next to the new stand. I expect she was there as I've seen her at rugby matches many times before. She told me recently her  'first love was football though', so that's probably one of the few things I have in common with her. Yes I'm a female, but she is a Lady!

And yes SteveL was there, he was on the pitch st HT, did a speech and ended saying 'make Bristol Proud'...think he missed a marketing trick and should have added a hashtag though! 

17 minutes ago, Trueredsupporte said:

Lot to learn from it. Both fans sat by side, No abusive chanting at the away fans or home fans calling home fans cnts. Rugby already leaves football behind. Problem is its rugby!!

Going through the whole game droning Bristol.... no thanks. Ill take chanting and being called a C#nt any day. Congrats to Bristol though. Finally did it! 

The only thing I would like to see from Rugby is the having the refs wear mic's. Won't happen though, too many mistakes are made. (Or at least ref interviews) 

14 minutes ago, streety_bcfc said:

Going through the whole game droning Bristol.... no thanks. Ill take chanting and being called a C#nt any day. Congrats to Bristol though. Finally did it! 

The only thing I would like to see from Rugby is the having the refs wear mic's. Won't happen though, too many mistakes are made. (Or at least ref interviews) 

:yes:  Don't forget the other chant of "C'mon Bris".

Happy for the Bristol fans, delighted for SL, but like yourself, not for me.

Respect for the referee and no back-chatting or swearing at him, is something football desperately needs though. 

14 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

:yes:  Don't forget the other chant of "C'mon Bris".

Happy for the Bristol fans, delighted for SL, but like yourself, not for me.

Respect for the referee and no back-chatting or swearing at him, is something football desperately needs though. 

The ironic RESPECT armbands and hoardings make me laugh at footy. 

9 hours ago, stephenkibby. said:

Well if this was football Robinson would be gone.

Great night great result. Taken 3 years with the biggest squad and the best players.

But my god did they limp over the line.

A bit harsh to say they limped over the line. Doncaster had nothing to lose last night and the pressure on Bristol must have been fantastic given what was at stake. The bigger picture is that they won the league by 16 points and the playoff final by 13 points. Next season will be a totally different game however and whether Robinson is part of it remains to be seen.

Archived