IGNORED

Kodija - Departs for 11 Million (Merged)

mozo

23 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I personally think a 10 million asking price will put most off anyway - you could be paying that for a one season wonder for all you know. See Eoin Doyle for instance, lower level but the principle`s the same.

Andre Gray

30 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

20 odd goals in the Championship last season for Burnley

20 odd goals in the Championship the season before that for Brentford

50 odd goals in the 2 seasons before that for Luton.

Some one season wonder!!

I completely agree he's no longer a one season wonder but in the context of what I was responding to the poster was saying that 10 million is alot to ask for a player who's produced only in one championship season.

When Burnley paid in excess of 10 million for Gray. He had played only one season of championship football with good results. That was my point. 

In Spain today at the question and answers my first question was are we selling kodjia. Johnson said no he's on a very strong contract . We have a billionaire owner and we don't want to sell our best players. But if silly money comes in for him then like any other club they will consider it . The club is looking forward not backwards. As for kodjia he was there today but picked up injury last night. Seemed happy and relaxed 

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

In Spain today at the question and answers my first question was are we selling kodjia. Johnson said no he's on a very strong contract . We have a billionaire owner and we don't want to sell our best players. But if silly money comes in for him then like any other club they will consider it . The club is looking forward not backwards. As for kodjia he was there today but picked up injury last night. Seemed happy and relaxed 

Did Johnson say this?

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Means he won't be going for peanuts. If he had a year left and Villa were interested we'd be screwed.

From Wat I can gather mate city have no intention of selling him . Only looking to get stronger. He also said if we could afford messi there would be no tomlin which was quite funny. As for lee Johnson came across really well . And the players were quality as well . Really good bunch. Pemberton don't take no shit 

11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

From Wat I can gather mate city have no intention of selling him . Only looking to get stronger. He also said if we could afford messi there would be no tomlin which was quite funny. As for lee Johnson came across really well . And the players were quality as well . Really good bunch. Pemberton don't take no shit 

You can tell LJ has a great relationship with the fans. Bodes well for the season ahead hopefully with Kodj leading the line :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

2 hours ago, RedRoss said:

I completely agree he's no longer a one season wonder but in the context of what I was responding to the poster was saying that 10 million is alot to ask for a player who's produced only in one championship season.

When Burnley paid in excess of 10 million for Gray. He had played only one season of championship football with good results. That was my point. 

I understand where you were coming from mate.

For every Andre Gray though there are probably a lot that don`t live up to expectations (although not that many that a club has punted 10 million on I`ll agree). Personally I think Gray is more of an exception rather than the rule, he earned his success and came up the hard way and I think the signs were more obvious that he was worth the money. I just don`t think anyone, even Villa, will risk that on someone who`s only done it for one season up to now.

8 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I understand where you were coming from mate.

For every Andre Gray though there are probably a lot that don`t live up to expectations (although not that many that a club has punted 10 million on I`ll agree). Personally I think Gray is more of an exception rather than the rule, he earned his success and came up the hard way and I think the signs were more obvious that he was worth the money. I just don`t think anyone, even Villa, will risk that on someone who`s only done it for one season up to now.

Hence why they ought not sign Kodjia. We are in a position whereby if they want him they should take the risk and gamble, just as we did in buying him. 

Personally speaking I agree. No-one should be paying what it should take to prize him away just yet. That said, having seen him for a year, I think we'd do ourselves a MASSIVE disservice selling him less than £10m 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Hence why they ought not sign Kodjia. We are in a position whereby if they want him they should take the risk and gamble, just as we did in buying him. 

Exactly my point. if I were in charge of the money at Villa I`d be saying not to spend that amount on what looks on paper as a relatively high risk gamble. They`d be being advised to spend the same on someone like Lewis Grabban.

25 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

He had a little knock, so could easily be doing some light work inside and not involved with the main team.

18 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Couple of lads that were at the open training today said earlier in the thread that he was present & correct.

That's good. I thought he would be as I don't think there's been a bid, I think LJ would've told the truth if there was. If I was in charge of the pics though, I'd make a point of photographing him there though.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, James_DCFC said:

Can you sell him to us please? For a really low fee, given we can't afford to buy anyone?

You can have him for no fee at all if you hand over Tom Ince & Chris Martin. Deal?

Archived