IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

1 hour ago, Charliesboots said:

The Police are not going to change their tactics from what I see, to them the slightest hint of trouble or dissent and it's off with the noise grenades and CS gas launchers. To be honest everything they've had to put up with over here I'm surprised that they haven't been even heavier handed.

On the train from Lyon to Paris yesterday we got talking to a group of lads from Crewe who'd been in Marseille. One of them said that he'd said to a policeman on the morning after the game that the previous few days must have been hard work for them. The response from the policeman was "not at all, we love it, we like fighting with the English'!

3 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Has anyone had any joy buying tickets from touts outside any of the grounds?

Not far from Bordeaux on Sat and wondered whether it was worth trying to scalp tickets for the Ire v Belgium game near the ground?

We've just travelled from Bordeaux. There were tickets galore for the Austria v Hungary match. Being sold as you get off the tram stop at the stadium. Even Wales wasn't full. No guarantee of course but may worth giving it a chance. 

17 minutes ago, redordead1 said:

Has anyone had any joy buying tickets from touts outside any of the grounds?

Not far from Bordeaux on Sat and wondered whether it was worth trying to scalp tickets for the Ire v Belgium game near the ground?

Always worth a shout.  The ticket exchange FB group shows many people are sat on spares they are trying to shift. 

6 hours ago, NeilS said:

Typical comment, not Euro song contest is it? We are a monarchy it might be a factor in the choice of lyrics.

No but if it were, we wouldn't even make the group stages. If you're not really into the monarchy it's probably quite hard to sing with a great deal of enthusiasm. 

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

If the vote on 23rd is to remain, we might see Ode to Joy played as our anthem before every England international.

Was announced a while ago we were looking at having an English Anthen

32 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

We've just travelled from Bordeaux. There were tickets galore for the Austria v Hungary match. Being sold as you get off the tram stop at the stadium. Even Wales wasn't full. No guarantee of course but may worth giving it a chance. 

Thanks mate, think we will give it a shot then. Cheers

10 minutes ago, North London Red said:

I believe this is the same flag in the bottom right of the first photo below (taken 2 mins ago from my seat):

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's a Subutteo  stand on the right isn't it?

Met loads of city (and gas) today in lille great to meet you all, lost count of all the requests for photos with my flag, safe onwards journeys one and all. 

Great to leave club nonsense at home and come together for England. 

Absolutely class day ...

Dont take me home, please dont take me home, I just don't want to go to work ....

8 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Met loads of city (and gas) today in lille great to meet you all, lost count of all the requests for photos with my flag, safe onwards journeys one and all. 

Great to leave club nonsense at home and come together for England. 

Absolutely class day ...

Dont take me home, please dont take me home, I just don't want to go to work ....

A class day indeed…one of the best. Sadly work beckons on Monday...

Archived