IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

1 hour ago, redfred said:

Well I ******* love it. And when I hear before an important England game, it sends shivers down my spine.

GSTQ

It makes me cringe watching big fat blokes sing it and then clap themselves when they finish, we need something rousing like La Marseillaise

5 minutes ago, harrys said:

It makes me cringe watching big fat blokes sing it and then clap themselves when they finish, we need something rousing like La Marseillaise

Nothing beats the Italian anthem at these Euros. If only we had something like that to sing. 

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Of course there are no fat Frenchmen who sing La Marseillaise and clap themselves when they finish.

I do not understand the stereotype that every Englishman who sings GSTQ is a fat, beer swilling monster. I sing it with gusto and I couldn't be more opposite to that stereotype. 

If I recall, you are of Irish descent, but you won't find me criticising the bland, boring non-descript excuse of an Irish anthem.

3 minutes ago, redfred said:

Of course there are no fat Frenchmen who sing La Marseillaise and clap themselves when they finish.

I do not understand the stereotype that every Englishman who sings GSTQ is a fat, beer swilling monster. I sing it with gusto and I couldn't be more opposite to that stereotype. 

If I recall, you are of Irish descent, but you won't find me criticising the bland, boring non-descript excuse of an Irish anthem.

Skinny bastard!

2 hours ago, redfred said:

Well I ******* love it. And when I hear before an important England game, it sends shivers down my spine.

GSTQ

4 minutes ago, redfred said:

Nothing wrong with the Soldiers song, rousing stuff.

1 hour ago, redfred said:

It's the stereotype for a reason. Doesn't mean every England fan is drunk, overweight and sunburnt. In the same way that not every Frenchman is riding around on a bike with a stripey t-shirt, beret, and onions around their neck.

1 hour ago, harrys said:

Perfect if you are a cheese eating surrender monkey rolling over for your tummies ro be tickled by the Germans in 1914 and 1939. Also a rousing anthem as you go out on strike every other week in every transport industry in 2016.

Something to be proper proud of.

49 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

It's the stereotype for a reason. Doesn't mean every England fan is drunk, overweight and sunburnt. In the same way that not every Frenchman is riding around on a bike with a stripey t-shirt, beret, and onions around their neck.

25 minutes ago, Mad Cyril said:

Perfect if you are a cheese eating surrender monkey rolling over for your tummies ro be tickled by the Germans in 1914 and 1939. Also a rousing anthem as you go out on strike every other week in every transport industry in 2016.

Something to be proper proud of.

Calm down mate, only having a bit of fun

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

No, that's England fans in disguise, so they won't get set upon by the Gendarmes.

On 13/06/2016 at 13:19, Super said:

Very sad that our manager and captain have to plea for calm rather than talk about a football match.

Do you think the Russians and French who instigated all of this can understand Roy though?

4 hours ago, wuntmeididntdoit said:

Keysham

Town sounds better. Don't know how to get a phone number to you.

How much are tickets

St aldhelms

Told you before

do as your told or you'll be the first against the wall come the reveloution

@Dollymarie:  I know you have assisted before with others, but can you help with wuntme on this to get a number posted and deleted?

2 hours ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

@Dollymarie:  I know you have assisted before with others, but can you help with wuntme on this to get a number posted and deleted?

If they post the number in here and then tag one of us moderators, we can delete the number from the post when notified that you have seen it and copied it down. 

10 hours ago, redfred said:

The difference is that La Marseillaise is a stirring and passionate call to arms to defend the values  of the French Republic from anyone who would impose their will on the French people.

Our national anthem is, to quote the best description I've ever heard of it, "communal mumbling of a non-descript dirge in which we plead to a clearly indifferent God to prolong the existence of an old woman who lives in a castle."

The national anthem is an area I really, really envy the French and I wish we had something as patriotic as they did that actually has something to say about England, our values and our people. Jerusalem would do the job.

23 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'm pretty sure "fickle" doesn't mean what you think it does. There is no possible way that adjective would appropriately apply here.

You'll have to excuse him. He had a deplorable penchant for starting rubbish arguments. 

That being said, I'm a fan of GSTQ... But being employed by HM, I suppose I would be. But I can see how the non royalists would disagree. If we were to change, Jerusalem would have to be it. 

wasn't there some sort of national anthem vote recently?

Archived