IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

Honestly, I think using common sense and you won't just be fine, but you'll also have a bloody great time. 

52 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

I can't help feeling Lille is going to be a war zone. As well as the Russians, there will be a lot more English there as many more fans will be going to the Wales game - it's closer than Marseille and, of course, it's against Wales. Then there are the Wales fans and the Lille locals who, in my experience, aren't very welcoming towards the English. I'd stay away if I were you. 

50 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's like anything, use common sense and you'll be fine. If that means being extra cautious and steering clear of certain areas then that's fine.

@Woodsy I hope you still go and enjoy it. Would be a shame to miss out.

Common sense, believe it or not!, is something I'm ok with.....but it's the description of wandering hordes of Russian's looking to beat the shit out of anything English that worries me. Common sense doesn't come into it. Wrong place, wrong time, you're ******

I'm not sure I want my girls, wife, Mum watching the news and seeing it kick off and be sat there looking for me. Jeez, even my ex wife sent me a text just now asking me not to go! I'm sure that everything would be ok, but it's one of those were it's just not worth the hassle, perhaps

6 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Common sense, believe it or not!, is something I'm ok with.....but it's the description of wandering hordes of Russian's looking to beat the shit out of anything English that worries me. Common sense doesn't come into it. Wrong place, wrong time, you're ******

I'm not sure I want my girls, wife, Mum watching the news and seeing it kick off and be sat there looking for me. Jeez, even my ex wife sent me a text just now asking me not to go! I'm sure that everything would be ok, but it's one of those were it's just not worth the hassle, perhaps

Yep I agree the situation has nothing to do with common sense. You have no idea where you will potentially be attacked with this type of organised group.

If your family are asking you not to go I would listen. There are more important things in life and leaving your wife and daughter in an emotional state is not going to be worth a England football match imo

11 minutes ago, TRL said:

Yep I agree the situation has nothing to do with common sense. You have no idea where you will potentially be attacked with this type of organised group.

If your family are asking you not to go I would listen. There are more important things in life and leaving your wife and daughter in an emotional state is not going to be worth a England football match imo

Was just reading, the French are blaming it all on 150 highly trained and up for it Russians. 150.....

10 people are up for immediate trial over there today, I'll let you guess which country 6 of them are from. I'll give you a clue, it's not Russia

I want to see some real news on what they are doing to stop these lads getting to Lille before I make my mind up

20 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Totally understand your concerns Woodsy but I would suggest that it's entirely unlikely we'll see organised Russian groups like that again in Lens or Lille. It seems they all specifically came in for the day to get stuck into English fans, then got back out of the country. They're already back in Moscow crowing about their 'victory'.

2 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Was just reading, the French are blaming it all on 150 highly trained and up for it Russians. 150.....

10 people are up for immediate trial over there today, I'll let you guess which country 6 of them are from. I'll give you a clue, it's not Russia

I want to see some real news on what they are doing to stop these lads getting to Lille before I make my mind up

They are probably already there. From the little I've heard here in France most have bought their own transport so won't be using public transport. Not easy to spot now unfortunately. Not in Russian plated cars either.

4 minutes ago, Stortz said:

Totally understand your concerns Woodsy but I would suggest that it's entirely unlikely we'll see organised Russian groups like that again in Lens or Lille. It seems they all specifically came in for the day to get stuck into English fans, then got back out of the country. They're already back in Moscow crowing about their 'victory'.

Is that a guess or is there info out there about this?

15 minutes ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Check out @Coral's Tweet:

This is how it should be,fair play to them

I'd pegged this game as having potential for trouble - and indeed it still does - but at the same time i wouldn't be surprised if the events of Marseilles don't actually have a positive outcome in this respect and cause England and Wales to maybe show a little more solidarity with each other. I'm sure that had this game come first it would have been riddled with off-pitch problems. I'm sure their will still be problems between English and Welsh, but these are more likely to be limited to the proper mobs as opposed to the indiscriminate violence of Marseilles.  

Yeah I just read that BBC report that mentions French prosecutors say around 150 Russian hooligans caused most of the serious disorder and it goes on to say they managed to arrest a 16 yr British kid for throwing bottles and not one mention of any of the ones they feel are the perpetrators being caught and deported!

There's some terrible policing of this out there it seems. YouTube has a fair bit of footage not filmed from Pro Russian or Pro English perspective where you can see small pockets of police stood behind groups of English fans that are looking across the waterfront area where fighting has broken out over the other side. You then see England fans running back towards the bars where the onlookers are which leaves a big clearing in the middle. The police don't even move in until they finally spot a lone England fan taking a serious beating. Why didn't they move in as that division came about? As soon as they did the Russians legged it. If they aren't quick enough to respond someone is going to get killed as some of the footage shows fans not just being hit down but repeatedly stamped on the head.

It's sadly inevitable that there will be flash points but they've had months to work out strategies on how to police this. 

These Russians arn't stupid, they know that thousands of our top boys are banned from France and have had there passports taken off them and see this as a perfect opportunity to do a very weakened bunch of English lager louts and shirters who have got a little bit brave over.. Weather we like it or not we are still seen as the top nation for hooliganism and the Russians will see this is a good victory and show of strength.

Where have these CSKA boys been in the last few tourney's is my question.. Absolute cowardly ******* taking the piss out of innocent fans. The amount of videos i have seen where lads have been on the floor and the Russians have still be laying kick after kick in, disgusting..

Afternoon all,

Currently sat in the airport waiting to return home.

It's been a long couple of days and I won't go on  as much of what I could say has already been said.

People have said that it is only ever the English who get drunk and cause a scene. I would like to point out that Northern Ireland were policed completely differently to the English. They were also grouped on the streets singing (including their version of 10 German bombers and the like), dancing, drinking heavily, sleazy chat ups to locals etc Where as we got tear gassed and batton charged the Nice police force were chatting with fans, having their pics taken with flags and fans etc no riot Shields in sight, the atmosphere was relaxed. 

Not all English are saints out here but I have only seen one incident which I would say was started by the English. 

Got to be honest I'm very much looking forward to my bed.

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Matchday alcohol ban has been announced in Lyon and Toulouse.

As the guy from the FSA said this morning on BBC ...  the Russian and the French gangs that attacked were stone cold sober.......banning alcohol would not stop them

4 hours ago, poland_exile said:

no it's not unfair to jump on the city fans who were condemning the English fans from the earliest opportunity. What is unfair is that so many people were prepared to swallow the lies peddled by the press and cast judgement on their own fans and country. 

The events were widely reported by every news outlet - BBC, ITV, Sky, online and print newspapers  - not just sensationalist tabloids.  When the same information is reported from so many different sources, including relatively reputable ones, it's not unreasonable that people will believe that information and not assume it to be lies.  We had no reason to believe otherwise.  Only now is the bigger picture beginning to emerge.  Under those circumstances, the overwhelming majority of the blame should be placed on the media for their irresponsible and inaccurate reporting, not those who condemned the England fans based on the information they were given.  We all form judgements based on what we see in the news, on a wide variety of issues.  And, while it's now obvious that the Russians are the main offenders, let's not pretend that every single England supporter out there has behaved impeccably.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The events were widely reported by every news outlet - BBC, ITV, Sky, online and print newspapers  - not just sensationalist tabloids.  When the same information is reported from so many different sources, including relatively reputable ones, it's not unreasonable that people will believe that information and not assume it to be lies.  We had no reason to believe otherwise.  Only now is the bigger picture beginning to emerge.  Under those circumstances, the overwhelming majority of the blame should be placed on the media for their irresponsible and inaccurate reporting, not those who condemned the England fans based on the information they were given.  We all form judgements based on what we see in the news, on a wide variety of issues.  And, while it's now obvious that the Russians are the main offenders, let's not pretend that every single England supporter out there has behaved impeccably.

we're certainly not all angels, and I would agree with that. And yes, you're right that questions need to be asked of the media, rather than those who bought into their take on events. 

It's quite an emotive topic and feelings are clearly raw. If I've come across as pushy in my point then that wasn't the intention, I'm just hopping mad that people are getting whacked around while reporters who've barely strayed out of their hotel rooms are left to bandy around cliches of sunburned scum! Now the dust is settling - for the time being at least - i'm winding my neck back in!   

2 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

we're certainly not all angels, and I would agree with that. And yes, you're right that questions need to be asked of the media, rather than those who bought into their take on events. 

It's quite an emotive topic and feelings are clearly raw. If I've come across as pushy in my point then that wasn't the intention, I'm just hopping mad that people are getting whacked around while reporters who've barely strayed out of their hotel rooms are left to bandy around cliches of sunburned scum! Now the dust is settling - for the time being at least - i'm winding my neck back in!   

Completely understand your frustration.

Russian journo on today's Football Daily saying that there should be relatively little aggro from the Russian end in Lille. He said it was fairly common knowledge in Russia that all the different clubs' hooligans had pencilled in Friday and Saturday in Marseille to come over and "make their point" but weren't interested in staying beyond that now they've done so.

19 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Russian journo on today's Football Daily saying that there should be relatively little aggro from the Russian end in Lille. He said it was fairly common knowledge in Russia that all the different clubs' hooligans had pencilled in Friday and Saturday in Marseille to come over and "make their point" but weren't interested in staying beyond that now they've done so.

Exactly, they also wanted to get out of France as quickly as possible after to avoid identification by either the French or Russian police.

Make no mistake, with the level of violence they were using they were prepared for English fans to be killed- there's no way they would then hang around waiting to be arrested.

20 hours ago, Wilksi said:

Just got back from Marseille. A lot of the posts on this thread are a joke. You weren't therel experincing  attacks on the English fans. Not hooligans but fans.  The French, the Russians and the police, all having a major go at anyone and everyone.

Your walking down down the road to the ground, next thing 30 Russians come running at you, you notice they have knives and hammers, you look to the police and they fire tear gas at you.. You look around and all you see are Englishman all thinking the same thing,  If you go that way you might get stabbed or slashed if you go the other way You are going to get hit with tear gas and batons and repeatedly. 

It  was brutal yesterday.  nothing I have ever seen in 30 years of watching football. It was totally carnage. But not caused by the English like a lot of you seem to sadly believe. 

You shouldn't comment on what the media is feeding you unles you were there and in it last night as you haven't got a clue what it was like. Not a clue. 

Always blame the English though?

Seems to be a lot of peoples motto now a days. See fights then it must be the English fault.

You're not wrong, some people are absolutely clueless and brainwashed by the media!

5 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Some of our fans need to take some responsibility. UEFA THE FRENCH cant wait to kick us out so I hope it doesnt carry on because of a minority.

Corrected that for you.

3 hours ago, Stortz said:

Exactly, they also wanted to get out of France as quickly as possible after to avoid identification by either the French or Russian police.

Make no mistake, with the level of violence they were using they were prepared for English fans to be killed- there's no way they would then hang around waiting to be arrested.

To be replaced by a new crew of course. 

21 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

Out of interest are the Russians also having it out with French Ultras? 

Best person to ask about that would be Putin. He's in charge of the mob.

Putin's cunning 3 step plan:-

1. Provoke the English into a big fight.

2. We get kicked out... of Euro 2016.

3. We vote to get out.. of the EU

Putin loves this scenario.. and he knows and loves what the Swedish Foreign Minister said the other day 'I fear the EU will break up if the UK leaves'

A dismembered or fractured EU plays right into Putin's hands.. he loves it.. he can then take back the Balkans, more of Ukraine.. or all of it.. take back a chunk of Poland so that Kaliningrad is not encircled and slide up to Belarus at the same time. Oh and he wants Transdinestra which he will have once he walks through Ukraine and will no doubt grab Moldova at the same time which, along with Trandinestra, is half ethnic Russian anyway.

And it all started from the that punch up in Marseille thanks to his paid thugs.

You heard it here, possibly, first. It may take a few years to unravel but its another piece in his 'real politik' jigsaw.

I blame Obama.. soft centred numbskull.

Archived