IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

This is different to past events involving England fans..

These are organised attacks on England fans - the vast majority NOT English hooligans - by gangs of local youths, tooled up Russian gangs, and Marseilles ultras.

I was envious of some of the early posts on this thread with fellow City fans speaking of their excitement of going to this tournament.

I'm not envious right now, it sounds horrific.

Hope all our 'BCFC mates', whether we know them personally or not, are OK. :fingerscrossed:

And the Russians are hosting the next World Cup too, screw going anywhere near that.

8 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

This is different to past events involving England fans..

These are organised attacks on England fans - the vast majority NOT English hooligans - by gangs of local youths, tooled up Russian gangs, and Marseilles ultras.

I was envious of some of the early posts on this thread with fellow City fans speaking of their excitement of going to this tournament.

I'm not envious right now, it sounds horrific.

Hope all our 'BCFC mates', whether we know them personally or not, are OK. :fingerscrossed:

Best post so far,totally agree with all of it.

55 minutes ago, CityBS15 said:

Your missing the point MC.......I've spoken to the chaps with the 'BIllowed' flag as per earlier pic......England fans enjoying drinks and songs being set upon and provoked by numerous parties, react in a way which makes then out to be scum......but it's so easy for everyone to cast judgement sat in front of sky sports news isn't it.....

If they were watching sky news they wouldn't spout such shite.

Looking forward to going out there Monday, just checked my travel insurance and I'm covered for excessive violence by the Gendarmes. 

I'm sure there's been provocation and a set up in some instances but having seen first hand the behaviour of a minority of England fans then I'm hardly surprised that it's going the way it is in Marseille. 

1 hour ago, Super said:

It's really not difficult to have a few drinks and not act like a complete knob. 

Completely agree.

Struggling for the correlation between this and constantly being set upon by French and Russian thugs.

4 minutes ago, Charliesboots said:

Looking forward to going out there Monday, just checked my travel insurance and I'm covered for excessive violence by the Gendarmes. 

I'm sure there's been provocation and a set up in some instances but having seen first hand the behaviour of a minority of England fans then I'm hardly surprised that it's going the way it is in Marseille. 

That's just it, there will a minority of England fans who are looking for the tear up.

Retalliation when provoked is understandable. But mix drunkeness with what appears to be heavy handed policing and its a recipe for disaster. 

I sincerely hope the distractions of these pathetic actions don't cause any lapses in security of any real threats.

1 hour ago, NOTBLUE said:

Just seen this on BBC news,bbc reporter trying to get independent news reporters to admit it was all caused by England fans,it was NOT,lots of provocation from the locals and most of all  from the police it seems.Unconfirmed reports now saying that an England fan has died after being hit on the head with a table leg by a Russian fan.A news reporter from Coventry said he was sat eating a pizza in bar when England fans were attacked by about two hundred men dressed in all black and wearing black balaclavas weilding  knives trying to stab anyone in reach.

According to the Telegraph, there is one fighting for his life that they had to restart his heart at the scene.  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/11/england-and-russia-fans-clash-in-marseilles-ahead-of-euro-2016-g/

9 minutes ago, shelts said:

Russians stormed the England end so it must be our own fault. Russians well up for it organised and fit . It doesn't look like we've bought much of a mob just bottle throwers and chair flingers

Looks like it,just saw the footage on bbc and the Russians are just kicking the lad in the head and the rest of the England bottle throwers are running outside the ground 

21 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Gone off between N Ireland and Poland tonight as well.

Not sure it's that simple Bill.

A N.Ireland fan on R5 described witnessing an incident of about 50 men, dressed all in black, storming a packed bar and attacking fans of both nations.

He went on to describe them as being 'anti European.'

5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

A N.Ireland fan on R5 described witnessing an incident of about 50 men, dressed all in black, storming a packed bar and attacking fans of both nations.

He went on to describe them as 'anti European.'

I was under the impression that the NI & Polish fans banded together and were fending off these guys

4 minutes ago, Dark Wood Covert said:

I was under the impression that the NI & Polish fans banded together and were fending off these guys

As far as it's being reported so far that seems to be the case.

Another sinister group dressed in black like the Russian thugs, although seemingly completely unconnected to each other.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It appears they are local French ultras, and Poland and NI smashed them.

17 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I saw some footage on Twitter earlier of it, the lads fighting looked white to me! 

Heard just now that it seems it's the local youths who seem to have done it, Nice's mob I guess.

6 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Looking at the bigger picture, and you have to look at it, the sooner england are knocked out of the Euros the better. 

I've read some thick as pig-shit posts on here but yours takes the biscuit. Well done.

17 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Looking at the bigger picture, and you have to look at it, the sooner england are knocked out of the Euros the better. 

Really ? Why ? From what i have read and witnessed on social media the England lads have been targeted but Hey ho its our own fault for being English. 

If you feel that way go and work for the press, they love to point the finger of blame at England fans, irrespective of the truth 

3 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Gone off between N Ireland and Poland tonight as well.

Ominous signs of things to come for more matches then. Oh gawd. Times like this i really do genuinely lose interest in football. Hard to admit but its how i feel. Pick meself up, do something else and hope Northern Ireland win tonight and it is a trouble free event.

Having taken the wife with me for the first game I stayed soberish for this game so had a good look at the Russians heading to the game

must say most just normall fans but there were hell of a lot of guys in there late20' early 30,s who I would say we're well game

a few England's fans felt the force of them on the way to the ground ( many youngsters giving it the big one) but you could see they had come for one thing and one thing only 

so yes England are no angles but this lot I would say we're the main problem and the way they stormed the ground after the game had finished they knew what they were doing and was just glad to  be at the other end

gutted to have drawn the game , caught up with a lot of old friends , and roll on the Wales game which has become even bigger now  3 points against them and were back on track and who knows?

hope the many other reds over here are all ok and sorry my English is not great  

Well, I can't wait to leave Marseille. Yesterday will certainly live long in the memory. 

First bar we were in with a lot of City. Load of locals came along and appeared to start on some PSG fans, bottles thrown then some England reacted. All went off with England leaving the bar. 

We then went round corner to harbour front and this is when things went mental. Organised mob of 200 Russians started coming down the hill launching chairs, bottles fireworks. They were attacking an area where there was probably 1,000 England drinking in sun. When they got to bottom of hill England mobbed up and started defending the area. England chased the Russians up the hill many times and also got pushed back many times. There was around 400 fans fighting for over half an hour whilst 6 riot fans waited round the corner doing nothing.

It felt all day like the police had no control. Saw some England with nasty injuries, one bloke covered head to toe in blood. Broken glass all over the floor, tear gas in the air.

My mate got whacked 4 times with a truncheon outside ground for asking a copper which way to England end! A West Ham fan we know there with his wife took a chair round the head from a Russian and has a nasty cut.

Off to Nice now, hopefully be a bit quieter. From what I know no City out here injured.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well, I can't wait to leave Marseille. Yesterday will certainly live long in the memory. 

First bar we were in with a lot of City. Load of locals came along and appeared to start on some PSG fans, bottles thrown then some England reacted. All went off with England leaving the bar. 

We then went round corner to harbour front and this is when things went mental. Organised mob of 200 Russians started coming down the hill launching chairs, bottles fireworks. They were attacking an area where there was probably 1,000 England drinking in sun. When they got to bottom of hill England mobbed up and started defending the area. England chased the Russians up the hill many times and also got pushed back many times. There was around 400 fans fighting for over half an hour whilst 6 riot fans waited round the corner doing nothing.

It felt all day like the police had no control. Saw some England with nasty injuries, one bloke covered head to toe in blood. Broken glass all over the floor, tear gas in the air.

My mate got whacked 4 times with a truncheon outside ground for asking a copper which way to England end! A West Ham fan we know there with his wife took a chair round the head from a Russian and has a nasty cut.

Off to Nice now, hopefully be a bit quieter. From what I know no City out here injured.

Hey @Kid in the Riot. Lots of conflicting reports here about who is to blame, the emerging consensus is that the Russians are fundamentally to blame but the England fans are getting a fair amount of stick in the press too.

Would you say this is a case of England fans reacting purely in retaliation/defence or are some also the aggressors and "looking for trouble"?

5 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Ominous signs of things to come for more matches then. Oh gawd. Times like this i really do genuinely lose interest in football. Hard to admit but its how i feel. Pick meself up, do something else and hope Northern Ireland win tonight and it is a trouble free event.

I agree with this. I'd rather watch Keynsham town play then travel and putourist up with this sickening abuse.

By complete contrast we had a wonderful day in Bordeaux, a city full of very drunk and very jolly Welsh folk. Great match, great atmosphere. Then back to the Fan Zone where the England fans watched the match completely happily with not a hint of trouble, the only Russian looked like a university professor and the Welsh guys standing next to us apologised at the end for celebrating the Russian goal rather insensitively!

Different world. 

Interesting contrast on the Sky Sports News website, where NI fans were 'drawn in' to fighting after an unprovoked attack by Nice locals and subsequently tear gassed by police.

The same circumstances as England fans were involved in but the reporting is totally different.

Archived