IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

5 hours ago, NickJ said:

Hello mate - I was in Nice on Wednesday night, as you would expect the old town is where to head. Les Distilleries Ideales is ok, Chez Wayne's a lot livelier. In the unlikely event you are looking for a Michelin restaurant Jan's is excellent.

I'm in Cannes now and will be in Marseilles tomorrow, any idea where you are drinking before the game?

I'm flying home on Sunday then driving over to France for the Wales game. Have tickets for all England games through to the final so will then stay out as long as England are in.

Hi Nick I've sent you a WhatsApp message about tomorrow - let me know if you haven't received it. Enjoy Cannes! Very nice place, there's a decent restaurant down by the harbour called Cavaeu 45 (that's prob spelt wrong) which a friend of the family who lives down there took us to.

56 minutes ago, Three Lions said:

Arrived in Marseille in 98 and straight out le gare to clouds of cs. at night the England fans were not mugging and stabbing themselves. bright minds put England v Russia on in that city,

Totally agree - was there in 98 and it was nasty - any quiet backstreets were ambush zones - be careful out there fellow reds

Large areas of City no go zones with flats full of North Africans who weren't too keen on English fans !

3 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Hi Nick I've sent you a WhatsApp message about tomorrow - let me know if you haven't received it. Enjoy Cannes! Very nice place, there's a decent restaurant down by the harbour called Cavaeu 45 (that's prob spelt wrong) which a friend of the family who lives down there took us to.

If you are referring to Le Caveau 30 (and not 45), a two storey restaurant with lovely views from the first floor, then it is a very nice restaurant indeed - fresh and reasonably priced seafood.

5 hours ago, Cunnyfunt said:

I talked to a guy who watched England v Tunisia at France 98 In Marseille. He said it was pretty dodgy. Local men from the estates near by would gather and come down for a scrap with the English in town. He said the majority of the time the Police would disappear and they'd revel in it as the English were always game in fighting back. 

Kicking off again by the looks of things. We're not helping matters by singing  'Isis, where are you'!?... (Allegedly).. Good lord. 

The 'estates' are in the northern suburbs of Marseille and miles (kilometres) away from Le Vieux Port, the pleasant touristy area where last night's incidents occurred.

There will undoubtedly be similar incidents this evening and tomorrow, but it is perhaps to be expected, even inevitable, when there are hordes of English supporters drinking all day and attracting the local lowlife (not exclusively Maghrebian) to both ogle and taunt them.

Try to picture, say, a large bunch of French supporters trying to take over the pubs/bars on the harbourside in Bristol on a Friday night - I am sure there would be the odd skirmish involving combined City/Rovers fans and the foreign interlopers.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Why don't we ever see other sets of fans spending all day in bars getting pissed? Do they go sight seeing or something?

No offence but you need to understand how lowly England and their clubs now sit in the hooligan league table. It is all but over but when locals arrive to start trouble you generally find that the English fan is disinclined to run away. The official English supporters spokesman said that yesterday was good humoured until trouble was started by French and confirmed that the police share the view.I have no doubt that the Russkies are getting royally pissed and noisy as I type this - they certainly seem to manage that at the all inclusives I have been lucky to share with them.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

No offence but you need to understand how lowly England and their clubs now sit in the hooligan league table. It is all but over but when locals arrive to start trouble you generally find that the English fan is disinclined to run away. The official English supporters spokesman said that yesterday was good humoured until trouble was started by French and confirmed that the police share the view.I have no doubt that the Russkies are getting royally pissed and noisy as I type this - they certainly seem to manage that at the all inclusives I have been lucky to share with them.

Apparently tonight it is just down to English fans. 

9 minutes ago, Super said:

Apparently tonight it is just down to English fans. 

I heard it involved like minded Russians. but I guess all will be clear later. I really think placing England in Marseille should have been avoided if humanly possible for a number of reasons.

23 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Got to laugh at how stupid some of them are, drinking in an 'Irish bar' chanting no surrender, :dunno:

To be fair I doubt if anyone Irish has any business interest in the place but if the  bar was genuinely Irish and overtly nationslistic some may argue its precisely the place it should be sung - if you were inclined to sing such ditties of course

24 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Appalling and embarrassing.

Hope there are no so-called City fans there.

PS Do the French police use horses?!

Waste of oxygen most of them. Same old I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Why don't we ever see other sets of fans spending all day in bars getting pissed? Do they go sight seeing or something?

Because your not supposed to.

From experience they're all doing the same.

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

I heard it involved like minded Russians. but I guess all will be clear later. I really think placing England in Marseille should have been avoided if humanly possible for a number of reasons.

Fans from other countries? Youve been misinformed I'm afraid.

4 hours ago, Loon plage said:

It did, the late news bulletins clearly showed 2 groups, with one outsized Russian seemingly throwing the most punches.

The condemnation was all reserved for England fans though.

On 8 June 2016 at 21:42, bcfcRobbo said:

We've been VERY lucky to get 2 tickets for England v Wales through a sponsor. Unbelievably excited!

We're in Green stand, Gate E, Block 0.5

Anyone any idea if this is in with England fans, Wales fans or neutral areas? I can't find any information or stadium plans online and want to know if it will be safe to wear England colours?!

Cheers all!

Bump - sorry all! Bit of a long shot but just in case some one who knows missed it before....

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Bump - sorry all! Bit of a long shot but just in case some one who knows missed it before....

Thanks!

With the caveat that I have no idea for sure, I would be astonished if sponsor tickets were allocated into anything but a notionally neutral area. But I fully expect England, and Wales, fans to be all over the place in any event. 

9 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It did, the late news bulletins clearly showed 2 groups, with one outsized Russian seemingly throwing the most punches.

The condemnation was all reserved for England fans though.

Not to mention the fat tart who threw a bottle in broad daylight at english fans and was arrested. Doesn't suit the agenda of most of the media nor unfortunately some on here.

wouldn't like to be in Marseilles that's for sure - sounds like the french, the police, russians, and the north african lot are all out gunning for England - as well as our own press. Of course there's English troublemakers out there, but how many others are also getting caught up in it. The vid from last night of flares being chucked into a group of English has provoked lots of anti-English reaction. Ffs, wouldn't you retaliate if a pack of lads started chucking flares at you while the police looked on!? Can't believe how so many people are ready to jump on the bandwagon and crucify these lads. 

Of course, any city out there, stay safe and have a top time! 

Dealing with the beered up eejits: no probs!

Round 'em up, put 'em together with all the suicide bombers in a dodgy inflatable left over from Lesbos, and cast em out into the Med.

While they're bizzy sorting 'emselves out, the rest of us can enjoy the footie!

So proud to see England's brave boys giving it to all comers once again. The mean streets of Cirencester, Batley and Stevenage will be vulnerable to attack from the Muslamics while they're on active European service this month, but les rues of Europe will never rest easy while our lads remind them just who won that war! 

Archived