IGNORED

City Fans in France

Big Red Rich

35 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Corrected that for you.

To be replaced by a new crew of course. 

Best person to ask about that would be Putin. He's in charge of the mob.

Putin's cunning 3 step plan:-

1. Provoke the English into a big fight.

2. We get kicked out... of Euro 2016.

3. We vote to get out.. of the EU

Putin loves this scenario.. and he knows and loves what the Swedish Foreign Minister said the other day 'I fear the EU will break up if the UK leaves'

A dismembered or fractured EU plays right into Putin's hands.. he loves it.. he can then take back the Balkans, more of Ukraine.. or all of it.. take back a chunk of Poland so that Kaliningrad is not encircled and slide up to Belarus at the same time. Oh and he wants Transdinestra which he will have once he walks through Ukraine and will no doubt grab Moldova at the same time which, along with Trandinestra, is half ethnic Russian anyway.

And it all started from the that punch up in Marseille thanks to his paid thugs.

You heard it here, possibly, first. It may take a few years to unravel but its another piece in his 'real politik' jigsaw.

I blame Obama.. soft centred numbskull.

I'll give him a text now. 

6 hours ago, Super said:

Very sad that our manager and captain have to plea for calm rather than talk about a football match.

Do you think the Russians and French who instigated all of this can understand Roy though?

14 hours ago, poland_exile said:

no it's not unfair to jump on the city fans who were condemning the English fans from the earliest opportunity. What is unfair is that so many people were prepared to swallow the lies peddled by the press and cast judgement on their own fans and country. 

At the time of my first comment it appeared England fans were causing trouble. If they were not I do apologise. Over the past few days at has become clear Russian fans are starting a lot of the trouble. But to let off the England fans for causing trouble just because Russia is causing more trouble isn't right. Let's be honest to start with there were certainly English fans who were up for it. Any sort of violence be it from England, Russia, France or whoever is simply unacceptable. 

English football fans do know how to antagonize people and I can see how a country like Russia may not respond well to that. I'm a firm believer in if your gonna give it you gotta be able to take it.

If you don't go looking for it generally you are ok, some on here have commented how they have managed to avoid it so it is possible. Although I am aware innocent people have been targeted. 

I think what we can all agree on is what the Russians did in the Stadium was disgraceful and if that was us we would be on the plane home. The fact only 2 Russians have been arrested says it all. The French police are simply unable to control the situation. Get the army in ffs.

What I don't like is UEFA has said they have no remit outside the Stadium yet are threatening to ban us, yet we wasn't the ones who created trouble in the Stadium where they do have remit.

Problem is if you send Russia home their fans are still going to remain.

Anyone else feel with the format changing for the next Euros this may be the last we see of this format for a while?

8 hours ago, Coppello said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36515213

Lee Phillips from Taunton jailed for violence in Marseille. A bit embarrassing that he's a City fan!

"The first fan to appear in court in Marseille on Monday was 20-year-old Alexander Booth, from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, who was sentenced to two months for throwing a plastic bottle at police."

Well done to the French Police. After keeping a safe distance when those nasty looking Russians are attacking England fans, they then move in and bravely arrest a maniac Englishman for potentially hurting one of their officers with a 'plastic bottle' - a terrifying weapon that could do untold damage to a rank of French officers cowering behind their Riot Shields bravely firing tear gas into the battered English after the Russians had run off.

Give it another week and they will probably come out on strike anyway. Just enough time to demonstrate their worth in the meantime by making further English arrests for 'being in a public place with a shirt off' or 'possession of a bright sunburn'.

Farce.

7 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Russia police's Vladimir Markin: French police couldn't handle "normal" Russia fans because "they're used to policing gay pride parades"

Russia are like your embarrassing bigoted Uncle who actually believes what he says is right.

8 hours ago, Just Red said:

At the time of my first comment it appeared England fans were causing trouble. If they were not I do apologise. Over the past few days at has become clear Russian fans are starting a lot of the trouble. But to let off the England fans for causing trouble just because Russia is causing more trouble isn't right. Let's be honest to start with there were certainly English fans who were up for it. Any sort of violence be it from England, Russia, France or whoever is simply unacceptable. 

English football fans do know how to antagonize people and I can see how a country like Russia may not respond well to that. I'm a firm believer in if your gonna give it you gotta be able to take it.

If you don't go looking for it generally you are ok, some on here have commented how they have managed to avoid it so it is possible. Although I am aware innocent people have been targeted. 

I think what we can all agree on is what the Russians did in the Stadium was disgraceful and if that was us we would be on the plane home. The fact only 2 Russians have been arrested says it all. The French police are simply unable to control the situation. Get the army in ffs.

What I don't like is UEFA has said they have no remit outside the Stadium yet are threatening to ban us, yet we wasn't the ones who created trouble in the Stadium where they do have remit.

Problem is if you send Russia home their fans are still going to remain.

Anyone else feel with the format changing for the next Euros this may be the last we see of this format for a while?

At least 8 years, I'd say.

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

What aspect of the format are you referring to @Just Red? I know the next Euros is spread around the continent, is that what you mean? I would imagine that will be a one-off and we'll return to having a host nation thereafter.

Unless you mean something else?

Yes that format, if trouble continues to happen in this tournament from various countries I can see this being an attractive option.

10 hours ago, Coppello said:

Lee Phillips from Taunton jailed for violence in Marseille. A bit embarrassing that he's a City fan!

I'm not embarrassed at all a City fan has been jailed. Lets hear his side of the story first, shall we?

9 hours ago, Hartcliffe red said:

Unless of course he was defending himself!

Eh? He's sunburnt scum, the scourge of the beautiful game

9 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Russia police's Vladimir Markin: French police couldn't handle "normal" Russia fans because "they're used to policing gay pride parades"

Stunning, absolutely stunning. I'm sure he then went on to congratulate the Orlando gunman. What a *****

As for my trip, it's off. The lad in our group who was bang up for it had a fb message from a friend last night, had been in Marseilles and had tickets for all group games, saying they were coming home. Backed up by a PM on here this morning, I'm gutted, but I know we've made the right choice

To anyone still over there, stay safe people. And if you don't feel safe, just come home. It's only a game of football, it's just not worth it

20 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I'm not embarrassed at all a City fan has been jailed. Lets hear his side of the story first, shall we?

Eh? He's sunburnt scum, the scourge of the beautiful game

Stunning, absolutely stunning. I'm sure he then went on to congratulate the Orlando gunman. What a *****

As for my trip, it's off. The lad in our group who was bang up for it had a fb message from a friend last night, had been in Marseilles and had tickets for all group games, saying they were coming home. Backed up by a PM on here this morning, I'm gutted, but I know we've made the right choice

To anyone still over there, stay safe people. And if you don't feel safe, just come home. It's only a game of football, it's just not worth it

Some things are more important than football mate. Sure you have made the right decision.

@WoodsyI really don't know what to say, truly gutted for you but better that than hearing that you or someone you were with had continued and got caught up in stuff that might be life changing, both physically, mentally and from a career prospective. Stay safe, and like you say somethings are sometimes just not worth it and this sadly seems to be one of them. Go back to your family.

19 minutes ago, Super said:

Some things are more important than football mate. Sure you have made the right decision.

Exactly mate, Fathers Day weekend as well, I'd rather just be at home with the girls for all of it

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

@WoodsyI really don't know what to say, truly gutted for you but better that than hearing that you or someone you were with had continued and got caught up in stuff that might be life changing, both physically, mentally and from a career prospective. Stay safe, and like you say somethings are sometimes just not worth it and this sadly seems to be one of them. Go back to your family.

Mrs Woodsy has said all along to go, enjoy it, have a good time, you'll be fine etc....but she said she couldn't have lived with herself if something had happened and I was going because she said so. My Mum was happy, even the ex wife was too! Plus I start a new job in 3 weeks, can do without the new boss rocking up covered in cuts and bruises!

I'm disappointed, of course I am, but family comes a long way before football

Just been told we've got £100 back from our AirBnB booking - so if anyone has any Ascot tips we were hoping to add a few pennies to the drinking kitty ahead of watching the game in Cheltenham on Thursday.....

12 hours ago, Coppello said:

As someone that knows Lee, I find YOUR reply embarrassing !!

If you knew anything about the lad you would know he is not the sort to ever go looking for problems - surely you can get the gist by now of what was happening to England fans out there?

45 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

If you knew anything about the lad you would know he is not the sort to ever go looking for problems - surely you can get the gist by now of what was happening to England fans out there?

Sorry mate, I apologise for that - I don't actually find it embarrassing and sympathise with him slightly. I was quite influenced by the dramatic story in the local paper.

On Tuesday, June 07, 2016 at 14:08, Kid in the Riot said:

Anyone any tips/recommendations for Nice, as we have a couple of  'rest' days there inbetween the Russia and Wales games?

@NiceRed or are you just a nice guy?

Lovely with a cup of tea safe at home in front of the tele (don't eat the whole packet at once..nice but naughty) :) .... Seriously though hope all the guys and gals over there stay safe and free from any trouble, real shame that everyone cant just have a great time regardless of nationality and teams supported in a Nice relaxed atmosphere.

(The neanderthals that want to fight and maim each other should be allocated 'battle grounds' away from civilisation (& football supporters/teams) where they can gather by choice and do what the **** they want to do to each other and live or die with their own conseqyences (sic) and pay for their own emergency treatments on the battlefields too -no cosy public hospitals .. moronic bastards who ruin everyone elses fun and recreation, when they wanna be football supporters then support football, when they wanna fight then **** off somewhere and fight, if theyre into fishing go fishing dont take their rods and reels to football, ..... Dont mix & match their various hobbies abd interests together at everyone elses expense, )

Rant over.... Hope against hope all fans from everywhere enjoy a great tournament, have a great time with lots of fun and minimal unwanted trouble... and......

Have a NICE time wherever you are! :)

10 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Lovely with a cup of tea safe at home in front of the tele (don't eat the whole packet at once..nice but naughty) :) .... Seriously though hope all the guys and gals over there stay safe and free from any trouble, real shame that everyone cant just have a great time regardless of nationality and teams supported in a Nice relaxed atmosphere.

(The neanderthals that want to fight and maim each other should be allocated 'battle grounds' away from civilisation (& football supporters/teams) where they can gather by choice and do what the **** they want to do to each other and live or die with their own conseqyences (sic) and pay for their own emergency treatments on the battlefields too -no cosy public hospitals .. moronic bastards who ruin everyone elses fun and recreation, when they wanna be football supporters then support football, when they wanna fight then **** off somewhere and fight, if theyre into fishing go fishing dont take their rods and reels to football, ..... Dont mix & match their various hobbies abd interests together at everyone elses expense, )

Rant over.... Hope against hope all fans from everywhere enjoy a great tournament, have a great time with lots of fun and minimal unwanted trouble... and......

Have a NICE time wherever you are! :)

Basically a Euro version of the Calcio Fiorentino, I genuinely don't think it would be a bad idea. They can save all the testosterone and bravado for an organised tournament and leave the football to the rest of us. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calcio_Fiorentino

3 hours ago, Woodsy said:

Exactly mate, Fathers Day weekend as well, I'd rather just be at home with the girls for all of it

Mrs Woodsy has said all along to go, enjoy it, have a good time, you'll be fine etc....but she said she couldn't have lived with herself if something had happened and I was going because she said so. My Mum was happy, even the ex wife was too! Plus I start a new job in 3 weeks, can do without the new boss rocking up covered in cuts and bruises!

I'm disappointed, of course I am, but family comes a long way before football

Just been told we've got £100 back from our AirBnB booking - so if anyone has any Ascot tips we were hoping to add a few pennies to the drinking kitty ahead of watching the game in Cheltenham on Thursday.....

Fair play to you Woodsy, big decision that must've been very difficult to make. Really sad that these complete and utter shysters have ruined yours and doubtless countless others, trips that are coming up. What a total f'ing gutter............

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

At the end of the day, he's been arrested for being violent, and he probably deserves it. Whether he was provoked or not, he was throwing bottles and being violent. 

43 minutes ago, lenred said:

Fair play to you Woodsy, big decision that must've been very difficult to make. Really sad that these complete and utter shysters have ruined yours and doubtless countless others, trips that are coming up. What a total f'ing gutter............

Thanks mate - was easier once my eldest made that call....you look at it from a different angle then. I said to the group I was going with that I wish we had just picked a random game, Austria vs Hungary, for example and just gone on the last with that lot for a few days. Maybe next time!

29 minutes ago, CITYAREREDANDWHITE said:

At the end of the day, he's been arrested for being violent, and he probably deserves it. Whether he was provoked or not, he was throwing bottles and being violent. 

Do you know Lee? Do you know the situation he was in? Do you know why he did what he did? 

No. You don't. You are making a judgment based on media reports, not from those who were there, those who know him and those who know what happened. 

For the record Lee spoke to me just 2 weeks ago and was very much looking forward to a good time in Marseille and expressed how he very much wanted to make sure he avoided any flashpoints, ie he was not out there for trouble. 

Unfortunately, as many many innocent fans have testified to, there was a situation beyond control which fans had not purposely placed themselves into. 

You sir, have zero understanding of what happened and shouldn't make such a judgement of an individual. 

Archived