IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

5 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I still think that he hasn't got the formation quite right. If Woy wants the best of Kane & Alli, he has to play a formation that suits them & they are used to which is a form of 4-2-3-1. Then work out whose best to go where even if they aren't necessarily the 11 best players in the country or even the squad. It's what Alf Ramsey did, plus he got the best out of the captain and the scorers of the goals in the final, who all played for the same club so had an advantage in anticipating how to play into the centre forward. 5 Spurs players in the team, including the centre forward, implies that perhaps we should play a similar way to their usual pattern of playing to get the best out of them, particularly the goal scorer.

When you say play in the style of Spurs?

Play great for 3/4 of the game then come to the important part run out of steam

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Given the barbaric behaviour of so called English fans we would be best if we voluntarily ordered the team home before we are ignominiously thrown out of the competition.

For those on Otib displaying ant Welsh racism it is worth noting that the Welsh fans did not engage in the violence of the english

I am really depressed by the scenes on the news

Perhaps some of the England fans have been wound up by all the Leave Europe hype & believe that as well as voting to exit the EU, we need to get the French wanting us to leave.... Same old drunken xenophobia I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, collier said:

Your right but performances got you nowhere in tournaments, results do. We only have 3 games to get results until the knockouts. Will you deem it a success if we scrape through the group and play one of the top teams off the park but lose 1-0??

True enough. Also not how you start, but how you finish that counts.

We all know that we are not world beaters, but we played some decent stuff tonight. No lack of effort, but need to work on that final ball and with a little more precision with our finishing we will be fine.

Thought it would be a draw today, but that we would play much worse. On to the next one.

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

:facepalm:. You are depressed by the scenes on the news of Russians attacking the English in and outside of the ground,but no blame it on the English,with all respect to you Ivor your naive 

I would say the most naive view would be to place the entire blame solely on one side or the other.

Offensively Roy could not have got it worse. We had 2 wide men on the prong in attack and yet our full backs were our most offensive in the flanks; work that out.

In his desire to pick his favourites he made our best look their worst; Kane being a prime example. He didn't effect the game to support them; work that out. 

I lost respect after he announced the squad; I lost respect when he announced that team; I lost respect with his decisions in game. 

He has a lot of work to do otherwise someone like Eddie Howe is going to heap the pressure on him if we underperform in this tournament. 

He has brought through some talented youngsters; why he, having done so, lost his metal and reverted to the 'tried' is inexplicable to me; as is having a CF taking corners. A man who showed a lot of bottle 2 years ago is showing less and less, day by day. He's risking undoing a lot of good work. Flood the midfield as needs be but against a poor Russian outfit - in the words of Mike Bassett - "4 4 fking 2" 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Offensively Roy could not have got it worse. We had 2 wide men on the prong in attack and yet our full backs were our most offensive in the flanks; work that out.

In his desire to pick his favourites he made our best look their worst; Kane being a prime example. He didn't effect the game to support them; work that out. 

I lost respect after he announced the squad; I lost respect when he announced that team; I lost respect with his decisions in game. 

He has a lot of work to do otherwise someone like Eddie Howe is going to heap the pressure on him if we underperform in this tournament. 

He has brought through some talented youngsters; why he, having done so, lost his metal and reverted to the 'tried' is inexplicable to me; as is having a CF taking corners. A man who showed a lot of bottle 2 years ago is showing less and less, day by day. He's risking undoing a lot of good work. Flood the midfield as needs be but against a poor Russian outfit - in the words of Mike Bassett - 4 4 fking 2 

Sorry but Kane having a bad game had nothing to do with how Roy set the team up

It was more to do with his own game Bad 1st touch etc

So what would your squad have been Taking you see these players week in week out!!!

37 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

They were,had they not scored then everyone would be saying its a good solid performance,because they did all of a sudden our performance is forgotten 

Yes but I was concerned about the chances we missed. So reminded me of us at the beginning of the season. We should've been 2 or 3 nil up and Vardy should've come on with at least 10 minutes to go

20 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Given the barbaric behaviour of so called English fans it would be best if we voluntarily ordered the team home before we are ignominiously thrown out of the competition.

For those on Otib displaying anti Welsh racism it is worth noting that the Welsh fans did not engage in the violence of some of the English fans 

I am really depressed by the scenes on the news

Honestly, I despair. Have you not watched any of the coverage of the game or the news? Repeating this sort of shit despite all of the evidence says more about your preconceptions than anything else.

27 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Sorry but Kane having a bad game had nothing to do with how Roy set the team up

It was more to do with his own game Bad 1st touch etc

So what would your squad have been Taking you see these players week in week out!!!

Obviously I don't. Per SOD stupid comment. Of course, you can't have an opinion either if you haven't watched all week in week out, so you can pack that in. Unless you just trust someone wholeheartedly without using your own powers of sight. 

As for Kane a partner might have been nice rather than two burley Russians down your back for the time you're on the pitch. Kane was flogged to play a game with no support: sterling for instance was useless and as an offensive player offered him absolutely nothing. Lallana did a bit, but couldn't finish his dinner. Rooney was far too deep against a Russia who offered no genuine offensive threat for an hour; he should've been encouraged to step further up. 

Or instead should we laud the fact that with all our possession, with all our passing, with all our dominance, we scored from a freekick?! Because that's how abject our attacking was. 

15 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I would say the most naive view would be to place the entire blame solely on one side or the other.

Only one side turned up today like an organised militia wearing matching uniforms with their faces covered and then systematically attacked the other side, including women and kids in the ground.

Some of the videos from in the ground are properly awful. The Russians did this, not England fans and it is patently obvious that the ******* have been planning it for ages.

I know how everyone loves the chance to slag off England fans but just watch the news or read any article ffs.

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Agree completely. While the latest scenes on the news do indicate that the England fans have been the victim of several attacks by Russian and local groups, you have to look at the way in which the behaviour of England fans may have provoked this. 'Taking over' pubs and intimidating locals with songs about ISIS, exiting Europe and hating the French may be fairly normal up and down our country on a Saturday afternoon. However, Marseille is a long way from here both geographically and culturally, add into the mix thousands of Russians who will be well aware of the historical reputation of England fans and you have a recipe for disaster.  What is classed as generally good natured banter over in our country will most likely be seen as provocative and offensive elsewhere.  That's not to takeaway the clear intention, especially on the part of the Russians, who seem to act more like semi-trained militia than your average football fan.

4 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

Agree completely. While the latest scenes on the news do indicate that the England fans have been the victim of several attacks by Russian and local groups, you have to look at the way in which the behaviour of England fans may have provoked this. 'Taking over' pubs and intimidating locals with songs about ISIS, exiting Europe and hating the French may be fairly normal up and down our country on a Saturday in this country. However, Marseille is a long way from here both geographically and culturally, add into the mix thousands of Russians who will be well aware of the historical reputation of England fans and you have a recipe for disaster.  What is classed as generally good natured banter over in our country will most likely be seen as provocative and offensive elsewhere.  That's not to takeaway the clear intention, especially on the part of the Russians, who seem to act more like semi-trained militia than your average football fan.

I lost sympathy. 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Exactly,but I think we can solely blame one set of fans inside the ground 

I'm no apologist for hooligans but it's pretty damn obvious who the aggressors have been today.

ITV just reported 2 England fans have been critically injured, dozens more injured, including defenceless fans being beaten with chair legs, stabbed, and slashed across the face with broken bottles.

This isn't drunken brawling we're talking about here, what we've seen from the Russian thugs today has been on a completely different level - planned, sinister, indiscriminate, and utterly vicious.

16 minutes ago, Just Red said:

Considering the current terror threat it is kind of worrying isn't it?

Exactly.

Sky news showed the other day the process. You get searched and patted down with scanners before, then you walk to the turnstiles and you get searched again.

Madness.

39 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

The new in thing "Game Management" 

Sorry but it was a great cross and a great header

Was it? I saw a highly speculative 'chuck it I the mixer' cross (he didn't look up) and a lucky header. Executed well, but I say lucky as the way it came to him, he couldn't head it any other way...

We played well but only have ourselves to blame for not taking some of the many chances we created.

I was confused why he took Rooney off, why take our captain off when he had a massive influence on the game? Roy got the substitutions wrong, Sterling should of come off after a hour. 

6 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I'm no apologist for hooligans but it's pretty damn obvious who the aggressors have been today.

ITV just reported 2 England fans have been critically injured, dozens more injured, including defenceless fans being beaten with chair legs, stabbed, and slashed across the face with broken bottles.

This isn't drunken brawling we're talking about here, what we've seen from the Russian thugs today has been on a completely different level - planned, sinister, indiscriminate, and utterly vicious.

Think we all know what they do over in Russia,planned meet ups and have a smash up in a field,it's lads that can fight and not drunken bums.It almost makes me want to get my fists back in action and show the Russian thugs that we can fight

Kyle Walker. Take a bow son. Awesome performance.

Encouraging performance. Who'd have thought the defence and midfield would be our strengths and attack the weakness! 

Think them Ruskies (and Poles) need to learn some basic manners. Random attacking innocents is so 70's. 

3 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Kyle Walker. Take a bow son. Awesome performance.

Encouraging performance. Who'd have thought the defence and midfield would be our strengths and attack the weakness! 

Think them Ruskies (and Poles) need to learn some basic manners. Random attacking innocents is so 70's. 

Walker is turning into a hell of player,always thought he was a bit dodgy defending wise but last half of the season with Spurs he looked solid enough

Archived