IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

Who is the co-presenter on ITV? Ex Norwich?.. wow he is a tit and my sincere apologies to beautiful Blue Tits everywhere.

I have to say Croatia cannot get through a Turkish defence too often where England were carving open the Ruskies with wanton abandon. Nothing to fear from the Balkans.

A good game even if not the highest quality.

Ref managed the game well, not sure about all decision, but he let the game have some fire to it. Croatia deserved the win, but have to say Turkey are a bit handicapped having their 2 best players- Burak Yilmaz and Arda Turan- barely playing any football. 

Didnt realise Yilmaz was out in China and was always confused by Barca buying Turan, he's a quality player, but not Barca standard.

Agree with your first sentence there 169; Bilic slightly over the top with his praise for Croatia.. I don't mind nationals of the team playing on the box but a bit more analysis of the game would be handy to pay for their appearance fee rather than simply eulogise over one team that narrowly won and, for my money, will get out of the group but that will be it. Mind you, if they play zee germanz or the paella's I know who I will be cheering on.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Right, come on Norn Iron. Think Poland will have too much for them though.

Good to see the Poland fans applauding the anthem too.

Makes a nice change from seeing an anthem disrespected.

Poland clearly the better side, but N Ireland showing what we all know; any team that works hard, keeps their shape and is happy to soak up pressure can be very hard to break down. They will be far the happier at half time.

Good policing is usually the difference between anti social boorish behaviour and hooliganism.  

The French policy demonstrated complete naivety in this area. 300 lads singing and chanting, whilst not the greatest behaviour were contained.  

They are right where they need to be. Put a cordon round them. No one in, no one out. Throwing tear gas and charging them gives you instead of one problem, you now inherit 300 problems. 

Having been away with England, a strong police presence with a stand off approach works best. Under cover snatch squads pulling out ring leaders and know hooligans is a proper détenant.  

It could have been handled so much better. Just lobing around tear gas to events that have passed is clearly not the way forward.  

Stevo

55 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Just been reported that we are close to being booted out of the tournament !

No doubt all of our "support" would take that news well, calmly put down their various missiles, have a cup of coffee, then head back to the ferry port and wait patiently for the next boat home whilst stocking up on cheese, fine wine and foie gras.

Archived