IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

12 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

Sterling = £50M + :laugh:

Sorry but he is no way an international player, can't pass, can't cross, can't beat a player he's just an expensive Junior Bent,. How Roy never chose Townsend who can do all those things ahead of Sterling defeats me.

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

In theory it was quite simple. 

Wilshere has more of a defensive game than Rooney. 

In theory. 

Keep him on for his experience. Could of taken others off. Poor decision.

4 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

Why will we be fine?

Against better teams our defence will be even more exposed.

It was like watching City, lots of possession, didn't take our chances, soft goal given away at the end.

So just like France then last night,maybe you're right and we won't be fine but Jesus we have Wales next and they were awful against a park team 

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Dier isn't the brightest bless him. 

I think we need to not get England being good confused with Russia being shit. We were alright? But it should be bread and butter to beat a team that poor. 

Should have been clear by half time but you don't take your chances then you get punished, as many have said very reminiscent of city in first half of last season.

3 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So just like France then last night,maybe you're right and we won't be fine but Jesus we have Wales next and they were awful against a park team 

Would you rather be awful against a park team and win (Wales). Or...

Play well against a park team and draw (England). 

4 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Russia were truly terrible and we didn't beat them.

Kane did nothing and you could see with 30 minutes to go that sterling was basically a passenger. When he had the ball he did nothing, he never covered anything defensively either. Regardless of how we played its a disappointing result and we are chasing the group after 1 game again. The better sides know how to win when not playing well, we can't win even when we play teams off the park. Vardy bangs in goals all season long by running in behind defences and tonight's game was prime for playing the ball in behind but no he stays on the bench and kane carries on huffing and puffing around upfront waiting to smack the next corner in to the exact same spot in the box everytime.

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Dier isn't the brightest bless him. 

I think we need to not get England being good confused with Russia being shit. We were alright? But it should be bread and butter to beat a team that poor. 

To be fair to dier he's not going on mastermind ,just like I wouldn't expect Stephen fry to bang in a free kick

12 minutes ago, redcityman said:

Sterling reminds me Junior Bent, gets a run going, the break is on, the crowd get excited waiting for the killer cross into the box, gives ball away tamely, taking three teammates out of the game and allowing the opposition a sight of goal. Crowd groans.

Fixed that for you.

2 minutes ago, Just Red said:

We drew our first game at Euro 96 so there is hope. And there is also the possibility of finishing 3rd to go through. Worried about the Wales game tho.

Its really scraping the barrel when our great nation hopes for the possibility of finishing third in this poor group to go through, the side that awaits if we finished third would have a field day!!

5 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

How did they "switch off" exactly? It's not always about us.

it's all about consequences and in the build up to the corner that started the blind defensive panic, Milner put in a half hearted challenge to cut out the cross that Cahill eventually put out for a corner, had Milner done his job at worst it would have been a throw in and not a corner.

Picky? maybe but that is the small margins that win or loses games especially at this level.

6 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Has to drop Sterling he is so wasteful and clearly out of form, takes up poor positions, his final ball is piss poor and looks like an outsider to me.

I agree, but if his replacement is Milner, god help us.

poor subs.

I just don't get the Wilshire love in, if you were trying to get a goal maybe, but taking your experienced captain off...poor decision.

3 minutes ago, collier said:

Its really scraping the barrel when our great nation hopes for the possibility of finishing third in this poor group to go through, the side that awaits if we finished third would have a field day!!

No one is hoping for that and there is no reason to think we will need to rely on that outcome.

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

I agree, but if his replacement is Milner, god help us.

poor subs.

I just don't get the Wilshire love in, if you were trying to get a goal maybe, but taking your experienced captain off...poor decision.

Should have replaced Kane with Vardy to stretch them, it wasn't working for Kane tonight, Sterling should have been hauled off on the hour mark and replaced probably by Henderson.

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

it's all about consequences and in the build up to the corner that started the blind defensive panic, Milner put in a half hearted challenge to cut out the cross that Cahill eventually put out for a corner, had Milner done his job at worst it would have been a throw in and not a corner.

Picky? maybe but that is the small margins that win or loses games especially at this level.

There are a million tiny moments like that in any game across the 90 minutes. Russian fans will be on a forum somewhere dissecting the goal they conceded and finding reasons why it shouldn't have happened. Fundamentally, I don't think it's fair to say the defence "switched off" - it was simply a good goal, with no blatant defensive failing.

Like I said, it's not all about what we do.

Archived