IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

9 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I don't think so. Greece were solid in defence. A  top league striker would have had a brace today on Williams' performance. 

As for England, how abject. I'll never be convinced as to Kane taking corners either. That's just ridiculous. Any one of those 10 outfield players should be able to drift a ball in to the box. Why Kane needs to I'll never know, and why he would want to I'll never know. 

Does Kane score with his head? Only asking as that could possibly be a reason. 

3 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Vardy and Sturridge come on second half and we win. Roy is lauded as a genius. Except they should have been in from the start. If we fail in this tournamant it will be down to his poor judgement imo.

I don't know how you can criticise his selection after a half like that.

8 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Anyone still think Rooney should be dropped?

Come on. You're not going to judge him on this 45 minutes in which the Russians have given him acres of space & hours on the ball. 

The simple fact it that players should be in the team on merit. Rooney isn't; he's just Roy's best mate. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Come on. You're not going to judge him on this 45 minutes in which the Russians have given him acres of space & hours on the ball. 

The simple fact it that players should be in the team on merit. Rooney isn't; he's just Roy's best mate. 

Be that as it may, he is fully justifying his selection and is vindicating Hodgson's decision not to drop him.

8 minutes ago, Redtone said:

Does Kane score with his head? Only asking as that could possibly be a reason. 

Certainly has; certainly more than Lallana or Sterling as examples of others evenpoorer in the air (not calling Kane poor in the air particularly) yet who ought be adept at floating a ball in 25 yards!!!!

Even if Kane did not he would occupy their defence and create space for Cahill, smalling, Rooney etc more than either of those two mentioned. Sorry, but I find Kane on corners wholly inexcusable. 

5 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Deservse a place on this performance though. 

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Be that as it may, he is fully justifying his selection and is vindicating Hodgson's decision not to drop him.

I can't argue that he's not playing well...

But he's had a couple of poor passes which everyone seems to not pick up on. Still, let's hope it's more of the same this half. 

Would still like to see Vardy though. 

8 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Care to reconsider?

What's the score? I agree we have been the better team but we haven't scored a goal. I believe Vardy and Sturridge would be a better option than Sterling and Rooney. Let's see what happens in the second half. I just hope we win whatever.

9 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

We all know Roy has his favourites,how Wilshire is even in the squad proves that but fordy you got to let your hatred for Rooney go mate 

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

We all know Roy has his favourites,how Wilshire is even in the squad proves that but fordy you got to let your hatred for Rooney go mate 

It's not so much of a hatred of Rooney as it is a hatred of the fact that he doesn't have to perform to get included. I don't blame Rooney - it's not his fault. But the in form players should be playing. 

I'm glad he's doing well tonight. 

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Sterling FFS

His brain speed is not a match for his leg speed.

Worried that for all our pressure we haven't converted chances. Could be an Ashton Gate last 5 minutes to look forward to.

Archived