IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

2 minutes ago, Redtone said:

I'm Welsh and buzzing at the moment, but I will be also hoping England win tonight because I've got English wife and kids. Don't get this I want a team who I've no desire for to beat a home nation team. 

Where do you draw the line on geographic good wishes though? I don't understand why we'd want a 'local rival' to succeed, in the same way we like to laugh at the gas when they lose!

27 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Why?,we've got sterling 

Yeh, but the remainers say that the value of Sterling will fall if we vote brexit or if he has a bad Championship!

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Where do you draw the line on geographic good wishes though? I don't understand why we'd want a 'local rival' to succeed, in the same way we like to laugh at the gas when they lose!

League teams are different, my passport to me says British and that's what I class my self as. Only time I never want England or the others to win is when they play Wales. 

Club football I only want city to do well. 

8 minutes ago, Redtone said:

I'm Welsh and buzzing at the moment, but I will be also hoping England win tonight because I've got English wife and kids. Don't get this I want a team who I've no desire for to beat a home nation team. 

Trust me mate the pubs in Wales will be packed later hoping a home nation loses and you know it.Never bought into the home nation nonsense 

2 minutes ago, Redtone said:

League teams are different, my passport to me says British and that's what I class my self as. Only time I never want England or the others to win is when they play Wales. 

Club football I only want city to do well. 

That's fair enough! I've always considered myself English rather than British. To me cheering on Wales just because they're playing a foreign team is like cheering on Cardiff for the same reason. I just couldn't do it!

2 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

That's fair enough! I've always considered myself English rather than British. To me cheering on Wales just because they're playing a foreign team is like cheering on Cardiff for the same reason. I just couldn't do it!

I agree, and I find that equally annoying as they are bitter. Trust me I get shit all the time from workmates when I'm in the Welsh office saying I've a Bristolian accent, support City and call myself Welsh. Probably why I don't get the bitterness. 

23 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Doesn't matter that Bale is Welsh or has an odd haircut; the question only is can 

Lee and MA persuade him to join us

Lunch at the Avon Gorge Hotel and sight of the new stadium should swing it.

Offer one of Curbishley's properties as a deal breaker if he's still undecided.

7 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

No hope for us then who will be voting to stay in EU, if some on here don't even feel British!

I feel European, British, English and Bristolian !

Not that I don't feel British per se, just that I consider myself to be English above all. I'm sure if you ask any of those Welsh players if they think of themselves as Welsh or British they'd say Welsh. 

Nothing wrong with a bit of national pride, and my nation is England :englandsmile4wf:

Archived