IGNORED

Euro 2016 thread

Super

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Been told you cannot win playing the normal British way. Anyone told Wales? Bar one, a limited group of players, but all knew they role, worked thei socks off, and in the end a well deserved win.

As for our team tonight? Jury is out. Hope he plays a blinder tonight, but on recent club and country form I just do not 'get' Stirling as a must play. Just looks like, pencil in Rooney, build a team round him. 

We will see.

To be fair Sterling I think assisted 3 goals in the last 2 games. Lallana is the barely believeable selection to me.

12 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

No idea why Lallana is playing, get as many second rate Liverpool players in there as poss? 

He is actually a very good player. Sterling is the one who has been useless all season.

21 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Been told you cannot win playing the normal British way. Anyone told Wales? Bar one, a limited group of players, but all knew they role, worked thei socks off, and in the end a well deserved win.

As for our team tonight? Jury is out. Hope he plays a blinder tonight, but on recent club and country form I just do not 'get' Stirling as a must play. Just looks like, pencil in Rooney, build a team round him. 

We will see.

I think you're quite generous. Wales won from a shin in and took the lead from a free kick hit down the goalkeeper's throat at waist height. Personally I saw a team that most played 6-7/10 but with some shockers - Williams and Ramsey in particular.

Having watched that game I totally expect England to beat them. I expected more from them. 

That said, they should've played 10 men for an hour and had a penalty so maybe I'm being harsh. I just honestly thought they were a step below bang average. Slovakia poor. 

14 minutes ago, 29AR said:

I think you're quite generous. Wales won from a shin in and took the lead from a free kick hit down the goalkeeper's throat at waist height. Personally I saw a team that most played 6-7/10 but with some shockers - Williams and Ramsey in particular.

Having watched that game I totally expect England to beat them. I expected more from them. 

That said, they should've played 10 men for an hour and had a penalty so maybe I'm being harsh. I just honestly thought they were a step below bang average. Slovakia poor. 

Wasn't that what everyone thought in 2004 that Greece was there to be beaten? 

3 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I would normally say the same, but I think a lot of England fans have had a bad experience with Russians over the last day.

Trouble is we usually do it.

25 minutes ago, Redtone said:

Wasn't that what everyone thought in 2004 that Greece was there to be beaten? 

I don't think so. Greece were solid in defence. A  top league striker would have had a brace today on Williams' performance. 

As for England, how abject. I'll never be convinced as to Kane taking corners either. That's just ridiculous. Any one of those 10 outfield players should be able to drift a ball in to the box. Why Kane needs to I'll never know, and why he would want to I'll never know. 

Archived