IGNORED

Tommy Wright named in bribe scandal

BRISTOL86

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've wondered about McAllister. I know him and LJ are good mates and McAllister is/was coaching with a youth team here. Wouldn't be surprised to see him become part of the senior coaching team here based on that.

You've taken  all of the above words right out of my mouth !! All the right  DNA!!

Taken from the Telegraph article.

Mr Price told him: “Listen Tommy, we need you to give us players from the clubs that you think we can get yeah? That don’t bring you into the firing line. As Pino says, the third party ownership.” Mr Pagliara asked about the Aberdeen striker Joe Nuttall, in whom he was interested.

He also suggested that the Far East firm should consider representing Alfie Mawson, a Barnsley defender (who later signed for Swansea City). “I’m telling you the biggest certainty is Mawson,” he said. “But you understand I cannot have anything to do with it.”

Mr Price suggested giving Mawson £100,000 to ditch his current agent and sign up with the Far East firm, saying: “I know that if I move Alfie Mawson to Newcastle I can go and get three or four hundred out of that, so if it costs a hundred grand to get another 300 grand on top, it’s worth doing.”

Mr Wright: “And then you’ve got them.”

Mr Price: “Correct, yeah. We’ll have hold over him, because we’ve given him a hundred grand and he will feel that he won’t ever be able to leave us because we’ve given him a hundred grand.”

Mr Wright: “Yeah yeah.”

Mr Price: “You might get two million out of him, three million out of him in his career, do you understand what I mean?”

Mr Price asked: “Is there any players in that team you think we should get, any other players apart from Mawson?”

Mr Wright replied: “[Conor] Hourihane… top champ. He guarantees you double figures in goals”. “Do you know who his agent is?” asked Mr Price, later adding: “We wanna start things rolling as quickly as we can. And obviously I’ll try that Conor kid, what’s his last name?”

Mr Wright replied: “I’ll text you the names. I’ll text you all the names.” 

41 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

It's just the way of the world fella.

Telegraph's fault for chasing him really, it's entrapment. Let poor old Tommy take his bungs in peace.

2 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

It's just the way of the world fella.

Telegraph's fault for chasing him really, it's entrapment. Let poor old Tommy get on with his job.

Personally I'd say it's more his fault for agreeing to accept bungs to entice players to ditch their agents for shady companies and introduce said agents to senior people at his clubs whilst concealing his involvement, not to mention to help encourage the sales of key players at the club he works for whilst hiding his role in that.  That's not the way of the world - that's greed, disloyalty and attempting to con your employers. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

Personally I'd say it's more his fault for agreeing to accept bungs to entice players to ditch their agents for shady companies and introduce said agents to senior people at his clubs whilst concealing his involvement, not to mention to help encourage the sales of key players at the club he works for whilst hiding his role in that.  That's not the way of the world - that's greed, disloyalty and attempting to con your employers. 

I was being facetious, my bad. Have a look in the Allardyce thread.

Archived