IGNORED

Le Tour de France 2016

53 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Just a thought, the way he`s riding at the moment is it remotely possible that he could get the record by winning on the Champs Elysees? That is just the sort of theatre he would love.

No, I don't think so. There are only three more flat stages in this tour.

If he can keep his form, it might be possible next year - but even to be in the same category as Hinault and Merckx is incredible.

9 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I wonder if his form will convince him to stick around for a crack at the Champs Élysées. I thought he'd definitely go home at some point but now I'm not so sure.

Mention for Dan McLay too. Third today nearly catching Cav and Kittel. What a tour he's having.

Got a feeling he might pull out before end of tour to stay fresh for Olympics.  If he doesn't then good chance of at least getting to 30 and if he carries his form over next season then 34 will be on 

12 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I wonder if his form will convince him to stick around for a crack at the Champs Élysées. I thought he'd definitely go home at some point but now I'm not so sure.

Mention for Dan McLay too. Third today nearly catching Cav and Kittel. What a tour he's having.

I think he will stick around. When he pulled out last time it was for his home Olympics so you can understand it but despite what he says, he wants that record.

I almost felt a bit sorry for Dan McLay - he didn`t get the recognition he should have today because of Cav!

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

The look on his face as he crosses the line is a sight to behold, it means so much to him. Cracking interview after as well.

Nail hit directly on the head, the joy of the guy is infectious, his interviews for a sportsman are a joy to listen to and the way he has involved his family (apart from today) is brilliant.

He has respect for his fans and IMO is a proper sportsman, he doesn't chase the easy money promoting any old shit that will pay shedloads to endorse their product, it's people like him that our overpaid pussy prima donna gutless national football team should look to for not only inspiration but also guts and determination, he is a sportsman they are money collectors.

Cav is a national hero, the last 7 days have been a joy to behold.

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

No problem! Come on though, you have to admit it's a bit tragic to see so many cycling fans sporting those ridiculous Wiggins sideburns.

What is even more ridiculous is seeing pussy prima donna chav footballers with mohicans and other such abominations on their heads, whilst washing their arses in crystal encrusted bidets. Could you imagine the screaming and crying if Raheem Sterling fell off of his bidet or perhaps Man City didn't get him a birthday cake.

45 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

What is even more ridiculous is seeing pussy prima donna chav footballers with mohicans and other such abominations on their heads, whilst washing their arses in crystal encrusted bidets. Could you imagine the screaming and crying if Raheem Sterling fell off of his bidet or perhaps Man City didn't get him a birthday cake.

You don't like Sterling, Es? I'd never noticed before...

7 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

You don't like Sterling, Es? I'd never noticed before...

He is everything that is wrong about football Michael, when his teenage I want loads of money spat was ongoing with Liverpool, a host of people including ex pros predicted how this was likely to play out and people defended him, well we are where we are and people are still defending him and one foolish pensioner trusted him for one game too far (along with several other misfiring rich kids).

The England team and setup need a wake up call and have done for nearly 20 years and they could do worse than being introduced to the lives of 'proper' sportsmen and women and perhaps understand the word 'professional' that prefixes their job description.

2 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

He is everything that is wrong about football Michael, when his teenage I want loads of money spat was ongoing with Liverpool, a host of people including ex pros predicted how this was likely to play out and people defended him, well we are where we are and people are still defending him and one foolish pensioner trusted him for one game too far (along with several other misfiring rich kids).

The England team and setup need a wake up call and have done for nearly 20 years and they could do worse than being introduced to the lives of 'proper' sportsmen and women and perhaps understand the word 'professional' that prefixes their job description.

I tend to agree for the most part. Shame to see talented kids chuck their early promise away and one wonders how bothered about playing football some of them are. Would like to see some of them having a conversation about their careers with the likes of Cav and Cancellara!

On today's stage, it's shaping up very nicely for Steve Cummings. Hope he can hold on. Dimension Data must be thrilled with their British riders at the moment.

This is going to throw the race wide open if Nibali gets a 3m+ lead over the rest of the main GC contendors.  Hope Sky know what they are doing..

56 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Brilliant effort from Cummings. What a win.

Cummings is a beast of a rider, hard as nails scouser, having the time of his life in the prime of his life, he just rode away from some the best climbers in the world today, awesome, if he was a footballer the sort of midfielder that properly leads his team.

So pleased for him 4 stage wins in 4 races, considering that Dimension Data are not considered a premiership type team 4 wins in the first week is awesome, I am loving that team to man, Cav is happy to have best friend Bernie Eisel and the best lead out man in the world Mark Renshaw back in league with him and you would never discount a Bossan Hagen stage win at stage either.

57 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Almost wonder if it was deliberate to hurt the GC contendors. Seems a bit strange it happened *just* as the peleton was going through.

They`re going to take the times at 3k for the final timings. It does sound like an accident - can`t see any far eastern betting syndicate involvement but you never know!

Another Brit winner - four out of seven - we`re having a good one and CF isn`t even blowing them away in the mountains yet. Well done Steve Cummings.

3 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Cummings is a beast of a rider, hard as nails scouser, having the time of his life in the prime of his life, he just rode away from some the best climbers in the world today, awesome, if he was a footballer the sort of midfielder that properly leads his team.

So pleased for him 4 stage wins in 4 races, considering that Dimension Data are not considered a premiership type team 4 wins in the first week is awesome, I am loving that team to man, Cav is happy to have best friend Bernie Eisel and the best lead out man in the world Mark Renshaw back in league with him and you would never discount a Bossan Hagen stage win at stage either.

Yep, made up for him. Dimension are having a brilliant tour. Building on the polka dot jersey and stage win from last year. Bossan Hagen is a beast as well. Very good team.

Is it time for Chris Froome to lay down a marker today or should he wait a bit? It already looks like he`s got the beating of Contador and Nibali (more from their own shortcomings TBF) so does he need to mark Quintana`s card?

Great to see Adam Yates up to second after yesterday too - bet he never expected that!

Archived