IGNORED

Le Tour de France 2016

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Absolute bloody chaos, bloody idiots in the road. Just hope Richie`s OK. When the yellow jersey has to run up the sodding road FFS!

what actually happened? Radio guys don't seem to have much idea?

28 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

What the fup was that? Quintana was cooked before the crash. Some nobhead in the road presumably.

Spot on the timings at the time of the crash need to be the ones that are recorded, anything else would be a disgrace to the tour, Quintana was a beaten man as was Yates, this needs to be sorted it's a real mess and has been a disaster waiting to happen, but typically with the French they are reactive and not proactive.

This is all about what is fair now. 

He could have won the race today were it not for some dipstick getting in the way. That last attack had killed Quintana and Yates and he would have been in yellow by 2-3 minutes tonight if it hadn`t happened with a time trial tomorrow.

If I know his mentality as well as I think I do he will go out and blast it tomorrow just to prove a point.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He could have won the race today were it not for some dipstick getting in the way. That last attack had killed Quintana and Yates and he would have been in yellow by 2-3 minutes tonight if it hadn`t happened with a time trial tomorrow.

If I know his mentality as well as I think I do he will go out and blast it tomorrow just to prove a point.

Sadly mate this has been an accident waiting to happen for several years, the crowds have become increasingly out of control on these mountain stages and this year has now culminated in 3 major problems on the last 3 mountain stages and apparently not too blame for any of these particular incidents some of the motor cyclists in the past 3/4 years have been pushing their luck, there have been several issues with them on this years tour.

Froome should get his fine money back because he was right to do what he did IMO.

• Admin

Late in tonight, so I've just caught up with the highlights.  I think the major issue today was that the finish was changed due to the high winds, yet the barriers weren't there for the final 3km like they usually are.  Whichever way you look at it it's an ASO issue, as they have a duty to control the crowds and protect the riders.  They failed on both counts today.  

As someone said above, the French are very reactive not proactive, just look at the policing at the Euros.

Froome could have won the tour today all things being equal.  Expect him to go out and blast tomorrow, not sure he'll win the stage, but he should be the top GC rider.

7 minutes ago, Chris said:

Late in tonight, so I've just caught up with the highlights.  I think the major issue today was that the finish was changed due to the high winds, yet the barriers weren't there for the final 3km like they usually are.  Whichever way you look at it it's an ASO issue, as they have a duty to control the crowds and protect the riders.  They failed on both counts today.  

As someone said above, the French are very reactive not proactive, just look at the policing at the Euros.

Froome could have won the tour today all things being equal.  Expect him to go out and blast tomorrow, not sure he'll win the stage, but he should be the top GC rider.

Think the French have more to worry about tonight.

Another beast of a stage today, not a summit finish but some monster hills like the Columbiere. Should be a good watch and an opportunity for Chris to put some more time into the others although part of me wants Quintana or one of the others to show what we know they can do and make a contest of it.

Archived