IGNORED

Le Tour de France 2016

6 minutes ago, TRL said:

Playing spot the doper?

The testing in recent times has improved significantly but to some riders/teams that is just another challenge to ourwit. There'll always be those willing to cheat but the chances of being found out are greater than they've ever been. 

Is it worth the risk?  :dunno:

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

The testing in recent times has improved significantly but to some riders/teams that is just another challenge to ourwit. There'll always be those willing to cheat but the chances of being found out are greater than they've ever been. 

Is it worth the risk?  :dunno:

I lost interest completely at it so much so I don't even want to know or am interested in the winner even though these isles have been successful recently.

Prestige has gone and I have as much faith in it as the Russian athletics team.

Dead sport fot me now. May as well just make doping legal and be done with it imo... Risk gone let them wreck their bodies for riding a bicycle if they want.

7 hours ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just off to Utah Normandy for the todays conclusion of stage 1 Mont St Michel to Utah Beach of 2016 tour with my little 43 year old boy, hoping of course for Cav win.

Go Cav. Get in my son! Typical Cav finish, sheer power holds off the others.

32 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Just got back, Utah beach was closed by the time we arrived, so Sainte Mére Eglise 10k away was as close as we could get, great day as usual and made doubly great when we learned that Cav had won.

Thinking very strongly about going to Angers for stage 3 on Monday.

Will post some photos later.

Was some lovely nods to both WW1 & 2 on the TV Commentary. Most striking was the wreck of a d day landing boat at Utah. 

Never realised its the first time Cav has had the yellow. That's all three grand tours he's held it now I guess, not a bad achievement. 

29 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Was some lovely nods to both WW1 & 2 on the TV Commentary. Most striking was the wreck of a d day landing boat at Utah. 

Never realised its the first time Cav has had the yellow. That's all three grand tours he's held it now I guess, not a bad achievement. 

Yes it is the first time, that`s why it meant so much to him as it was pretty much all his collection was missing. 25 stage wins now too - will that ever be beaten?

6 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Yes it is the first time, that`s why it meant so much to him as it was pretty much all his collection was missing. 25 stage wins now too - will that ever be beaten?

27 stage wins for Cav. He's one behind Hinault and 7 behind Merckx. Not sure he'll catch the latter but who knows.

17 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

27 stage wins for Cav. He's one behind Hinault and 7 behind Merckx. Not sure he'll catch the latter but who knows.

Sorry, meant to say a record number of sprint stages. He should at least equal Hinault now barring accidents but Merckx is probably a bit too far ahead as you say unless he has a real storming race and wins virtually every flat stage!

Archived