IGNORED

Le Tour de France 2016

3 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Superb descent from Froome. He and Sky looked strong today.

Great ride from Dan Martin to get 2nd and Adam Yeates retaining white after his misfortune yesterday.

It looked like Quintana was out to control things today but Sky were just too good for them and they couldn`t cope.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It looked like Quintana was out to control things today but Sky were just too good for them and they couldn`t cope.

I think that Froome's descent took them by surprise. They probably thought he was just after the KOTM points. There were several attacks and counter attacks from Sky, Movistar and Dan Martin before that and it looked like it would end in stalemate. Crazy stuff from Quintana and Valverde to switch off and let Froome get away. 

7 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

I think that Froome's descent took them by surprise. They probably thought he was just after the KOTM points. There were several attacks and counter attacks from Sky, Movistar and Dan Martin before that and it looked like it would end in stalemate. Crazy stuff from Quintana and Valverde to switch off and let Froome get away. 

He as good as said that - he said he went fully expecting to be chased and couldn`t believe it when he wasn`t.

I think they all know they`re not going to beat him and are just going for the podium now, it`s a mental thing more than anything.

In yellow by 16`, 23 ahead of Quintana.

11 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He as good as said that - he said he went fully expecting to be chased and couldn`t believe it when he wasn`t.

I think they all know they`re not going to beat him and are just going for the podium now, it`s a mental thing more than anything.

In yellow by 16`, 23 ahead of Quintana.

Early days yet. Quintana could easily take time out of Froome if he has a bad day like he did on last year's penultimate stage. First real psychological blow landed by Sky though. What a Tour Britain is having.

7 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

More piss chucked over him by Frenchmen who can`t accept it that he`s so much better than their riders and clean with it?

Bloke was in his way and his flag might have been close to Froome's wheel. Hard to tell from the pictures. Was wearing a yellow jersey and wig so maybe a Colombian fan but looked over-exuberant rather than malicious from what I saw.

13 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Bloke was in his way and his flag might have been close to Froome's wheel. Hard to tell from the pictures. Was wearing a yellow jersey and wig so maybe a Colombian fan but looked over-exuberant rather than malicious from what I saw.

Let`s hope so, we don`t want to see a repeat of last year.

Just caught up with the highlights. Incredible stuff from Froome and pretty insane position when defending. Comes off like that and it'll hurt! 

Cav looked absolute creamed mind, still full of his usual chirp. Love the bloke :clapping:

Not much to cheer about being British right now but 5 out of 8 wins, 3 shirts held and 1&2 in the GC :cool:

2 hours ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Anyone seen the video of Froome punching a spectator? Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Fined 200 Swiss francs for it 

Hurtling down the road at 50mph, and it was 'fun'!!! Brilliant. Not sure if he knackered himself for tomorrow though, as the others may have decided to conserve a bit. I'm sure hell give it a damn hood go though.

• Admin
44 minutes ago, RedM said:

Hurtling down the road at 50mph, and it was 'fun'!!! Brilliant. Not sure if he knackered himself for tomorrow though, as the others may have decided to conserve a bit. I'm sure hell give it a damn hood go though.

Monster stage tomorrow with a mountain top finish.  I did think to myself that Froome was perhaps putting too much effort in today & may suffer tomorrow.  

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Monster stage tomorrow with a mountain top finish.  I did think to myself that Froome was perhaps putting too much effort in today & may suffer tomorrow.  

He'll be fine far too clever for Quintana.

This tour is fascinating and shaping up to be a classic, BMC and Movistar's tactics were awful today, Froomey was just awesome and he and his Sky team have it all tactics wise, they appear to have an answer for everything.

Loving everyday so far.

15 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

This tour is fascinating and shaping up to be a classic, BMC and Movistar's tactics were awful today, Froomey was just awesome and he and his Sky team have it all tactics wise, they appear to have an answer for everything.

Loving everyday so far.

Spot on Es. Pretty much every stage has had something so far. 

On the Froome punch, The Guardian is reporting that he's been fined 200 Swiss Francs.

1 hour ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Loving everyday so far.

Wouldn't be surprised if he pushes them harder tomorrow and ends up with a bigger lead. For me it's only Quintana who's remotely close to even giving him a run for his money. 

• Admin

Quintana will have to try to attack today as the next stage he could take time is on Thursday up Mont Ventoux.  Time trial on Friday so he'll need a sizeable lead if he's serious about taking the yellow jersey.  Froome will put at least a minute into him during the time trial. 

35 minutes ago, Chris said:

Quintana will have to try to attack today as the next stage he could take time is on Thursday up Mont Ventoux.  Time trial on Friday so he'll need a sizeable lead if he's serious about taking the yellow jersey.  Froome will put at least a minute into him during the time trial. 

When you put it like that he does have to attack today really. I reckon Chris will fancy the Ventoux as well just for the history of it - some great riders have won up there. If Quintana`s serious he`ll need to put at least a couple of minutes into him today and I can`t see Sky allowing that to happen TBH.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It is bad news, what was the reason? I wonder if Cav will too now - if he does, it`ll be before the Ventoux I guess.

Not sure, I think he might be ill but I've only seen any info on twitter so who knows. It seems that it's a bit early for the Guardian and BBC to cover the stage properly yet!

7 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Not sure, I think he might be ill but I've only seen any info on twitter so who knows. It seems that it's a bit early for the Guardian and BBC to cover the stage properly yet!

I`ve not heard anything on Eurosport either but I did miss the build up part at the start of the programme.

Archived