IGNORED

Hordur "Hodor" Magnusson - Signed

Rocky

Lily Bergen Magnusson striker is set to English B-division Bristol City but affirmed he mbl.is today. English company buys it from the Italian championship teams Juventus.

Lily, a 23-year-old defender joined Juventus on loan until the beginning of 2011. The company extended loan six months later, in early 2012, he signed for Italian masters team.

He was on loan at Italian B-Division Spezia in 2013, but the last two seasons he has played for Cesena, both in Serie A and B league.

Lily is heading to English B-division Bristol City Juventus agreed a three million bid for the player making him the most expensive player in history. The offer was accepted for the Euros but Lily examined the situation at the club for the weekend.

He makes three-year contract with Bristol City coach Lee Johnson, who played with the team from 2006 to 2012.

Bristol City was a rookie in the Premier B League last season, but the team was in 18th in the standings.

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Here's the story from MBL Sport.  No actual quote from the playing included though...

http://www.mbl.is/sport/enski/2016/07/10/hordur_bjorgvin_a_leid_til_englands/

PS New record signing if true!  Would that be second time transfer record broken in a week?

Well that`s all very well but I want one of those moviestar chairs!

4 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Here's the story from MBL Sport.  No actual quote from the playing included though...

http://www.mbl.is/sport/enski/2016/07/10/hordur_bjorgvin_a_leid_til_englands/

PS New record signing if true!  Would that be second time transfer record broken in a week?

Depends on the currency... doesn't seem to be specified. 3million Icelandic Krona is only £18780.

5 minutes ago, BarmyArmy said:

£3 million for him seems like a crazy amount of money.

A promising young centre back who has played in Serie A, 3 million euros seems like good business to me?

edit: maybe he hasn't played in Serie A after a quick search, Juve must have seen something in him though so still sticking with the good business statement

4 minutes ago, BarmyArmy said:

£3 million for him seems like a crazy amount of money.

It's Euros by the sound of it. And really? A young, international defender who is at Juve and has experience of Serie B? You don't get that pedigree for peanuts any more.

4 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Depends on the currency... doesn't seem to be specified. 3million Icelandic Krona is only £18780.

They say it would be our record signing (actually translates as "most expensive player ever" but doesn't clarify that's just for us!) So either €3m (£2.55m) or £3m

3 mil for an international CB looks good business to me - particularly with the post - euro Iceland premium which is sure to be added. It does seem though that the deal may have been done prior to the tournament from that article.

I`d be happy if we paid 3 mil for Nathan Baker so this looks a good deal to me - and may explain why things have cooled off there too.

5 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I imagine it's Euros, which makes it approx £1.6billion given the devaluation of sterling.

4 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

1.6 Billion - don't think he's worth that much...

Brilliant 

Archived