IGNORED

Hordur "Hodor" Magnusson - Signed

Rocky

51 minutes ago, City169 said:

I don't mind jokes being made when relevant and on topic, the game of thrones reference stuff fine, just a joke or two, but when it's dentist jokes, teeth puns which are totally irrelevant it's just annoying. 

Game of Thrones jokes fine, but dentist ones not.  GOT it, glad you're here to guide us through the dark abscesses of acceptable humour.

1 hour ago, Luxo Jr. said:

And it begins...

and it begins.png

I agree some of the tweets are cringe, but fair play to Richie Griffin who has managed to find an 'o' with a hat on and a mixture between a 'b' and a 'p'! And Marcus Illingworth who has also mastered Icelandic to ask him is he is coming!

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

The Finnish centre back?

Yes, wasn't making a comparison to his nationality, more his blond hair and plays centre back.

As @BS4 on Tour...states, that as a mahoosive Liverpool fan I can be expected to know the nationality of one of the finest centre backs I've seen okay for the Reds.  I know that he played for MyPa (with is not a LJ/GJ reference) and our very own Willem II (or Villum Two to quote Jaap Stam) before moving to Liverpool.

Just saying :P

5 minutes ago, Pezo said:

so whats going on? this thread seems to be full of complaints about the thread being off topic.

Basically someone from Iceland might be signing.

Some people find jokes on a rumour thread annoying and should perhaps stick to reading @bcfctweets 

edit: some may clap and some may walk out if others do clap.

cats and dogs living together blah de blah

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Basically someone from Iceland might be signing.

Some people find jokes on a rumour thread annoying and should perhaps stick to reading @bcfctweets 

Perhaps there wouldn't be complaints if the rumour threads were allowed to be just that- rumour threads.

If you want to make jokes about something unrelated to the topic, go to the joke thread in non football chat, or would you rather football rumours were discussed there?

2 minutes ago, City169 said:

Perhaps there wouldn't be complaints if the rumour threads were allowed to be just that- rumour threads.

If you want to make jokes about something unrelated to the topic, go to the joke thread in non football chat, or would you rather football rumours were discussed there?

To be honest most of the rumours thread should be in the joke thread, most of it's absolute balls anyway, and I'm ITK. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The only reason he's not been announced is not only have the club shop not got this season's letters and numbers, they most definitely haven't got an ö or a ú.

Was that a joke?  Shame on you.:thumbsup:

Do you have a source, c'mon spit it out.

15 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Could someone please change the thread title so at least we've got his name right?

HORDUR.

The above comment has been approved by an official 'like' from @city169

As soon as 'official laugh hour' has been decreed please feel free to allow yourself a chuckle, if your work has been ignored in favour of your chuckle however you will be transferred to Siberia.

55 minutes ago, RumRed said:

The above comment has been approved by an official 'like' from @city169

As soon as 'official laugh hour' has been decreed please feel free to allow yourself a chuckle, if your work has been ignored in favour of your chuckle however you will be transferred to Siberia.

Someone piss on your chips or something?

I don't think asking that rumour threads actually stay about the rumour rather than jokes about teeth because someone from Iceland is a dentist is asking particularly much. And it seems I'm not alone in that sentiment either. As said before there's a thread specifically for jokes in non football chat, so if your urges to make a crap pun are really that strong, go an post it in there, then the people who want to read it will, and the people who just want to look at the rumour don't have to put up with it.

I wasn't trying to dictate where anyone posts or what they post, but one of the top reasons that people asked for a seperate transfer sub forum was so they didn't have to read the jokes, nor the posts complaining about the jokes.

Not really sure what your issue with me liking the post that asks for the title to be corrected to his actual name either?

This will be the last I say on the matter (I hope). Although it seems like you'd much rather have a dig at me in your posts more than anything else at the moment, when all I did was ask for threads to stay on topic.

So, Magnusson if it happens, will I think be a very good signing.

Think we might have 2 or 3 lined up this week.  Just been having a good natter and got a different perspective.

If this guy is true then maybe we've been holding this one up so other clubs weren't aware we were about to splash £/€3m on a player, and would've bumped their fees up thinking we've got loads to spend.

Would make sense.

We'll see, I guess!

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

As I said earlier in the thread, it`s got echoes of JK`s signing last year. A random tweet one evening that gathered so much pace that the club had to announce it.

Laugh. The club will only announce things when everything is in place. Think the club have learned their lesson following Metab returning to play a game.

8 hours ago, City169 said:

Just annoys me, part of the reason I voted for a seperate transfer forum was so we didn't have one thread of rumour which would have 10 pages of puns added each day making it impossible to keep track of what was going on, and by memory there were a fair few who agreed with that. 

It's not like there isn't a joke thread for them in non football chat or anything.

7 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Fair enough. I like that they're there, otherwise it stifles the fun of the forum. I think important developments in a story should be able to be highlighted by mods, that way we can keep the fun but people looking for answers can find the news.

7 hours ago, City169 said:

I don't mind jokes being made when relevant and on topic, the game of thrones reference stuff fine, just a joke or two, but when it's dentist jokes, teeth puns which are totally irrelevant it's just annoying. 

7 hours ago, Luxo Jr. said:

Well the question of what's relevant is a whoooooooole other debate. Since the Iceland coach is a part time dentist, you can't say it's that much more irrelevant than a TV character that his name sounds like. But for the most part I agree with you, I don't want an argument.

Can you have this conversation over private messenger please? Trying to keep tabs on any important transfer developments

:shifty:

Archived