IGNORED

Hordur "Hodor" Magnusson - Signed

Rocky

9 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

.... go on

Roman Emperor Athemusis was captured in St. Peters Baslica and put to death in 472 AD also a truce came into effect in the Irish war of independence,

Why what else did you think he meant........

4 hours ago, bcfcRobbo said:

Liked the sound of this until I found out he didn't even play at the euros. Obv could still turn out to be and excellent signing but it worries me a little. I know he plays for Juve but £3m for a player that doesn't even start for Iceland....?

That was my worry. However when you consider a tall, left sided centre back/fullback, who's quick and can play out from the back are as rare as rocking horse shite maybe that explains his price tag? Hopefully we are buying potential. 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Ha ha ha yeah not very flattering is it. Looked all over the place.   Let's hope it was a bad day for him 

To be fair, I think the goals he was involved in conceding weren't really his fault; the first was a deflection he couldn't do much about and the second he got his feet tangled. The ball across could just as easily have hit his ankle. Defenders are terrible to assess from highlights; he could have played like Maldini the rest of the game. Similarly, I suspect you could put together a (brief) highlight reel which made Carlton Palmer look like Bobby Moore

5 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

To be fair, I think the goals he was involved in conceding weren't really his fault; the first was a deflection he couldn't do much about and the second he got his feet tangled. The ball across could just as easily have hit his ankle. Defenders are terrible to assess from highlights; he could have played like Maldini the rest of the game. Similarly, I suspect you could put together a (brief) highlight reel which made Carlton Palmer look like Bobby Moore

Yeah I agree 1 minute of highlights is hardly fair on him .

we do seem to scout players much better than we used to and would of been following him for quite a while I expect 

Iv been a follower of Juve for few years so know a little about him. He's been on the cusp of going back to Juve squad last couple years but not quite ready so was sent out to smaller clubs to gain experience. From what I gather he hasn't fulfilled early promise and Juve are trimming a HUGE squad (something like 80 players), similar to Rugani as he is good at reading the game, quite quick and decent in the air. I think it's more a case of not being ever good enough to reach Juve standard (bearing in mind it's probably best defence in Europe) and receiving a decent offer. Wages in Italy are vastly lower and Juve's highest wage is only 6.5mil per year (Pogba for example has been offered TRIPLE that to join Man U apparently) so he wouldn't be on huge wage and it could be a good level for him. 

3 minutes ago, brad blit said:

Iv been a follower of Juve for few years so know a little about him. He's been on the cusp of going back to Juve squad last couple years but not quite ready so was sent out to smaller clubs to gain experience. From what I gather he hasn't fulfilled early promise and Juve are trimming a HUGE squad (something like 80 players), similar to Rugani as he is good at reading the game, quite quick and decent in the air. I think it's more a case of not being ever good enough to reach Juve standard (bearing in mind it's probably best defence in Europe) and receiving a decent offer. Wages in Italy are vastly lower and Juve's highest wage is only 6.5mil per year (Pogba for example has been offered TRIPLE that to join Man U apparently) so he wouldn't be on huge wage and it could be a good level for him. 

Interesting.

Makes me think we (probably already are) should take a look at all these huge squads around Europe, bound to be hundreds of gems?

Why are we moaning about Arnason haha!? We're not linked with him as well are we?

Even if he was not in the first team at Juve, look at their three centre backs. If he had displaced one of them for a even a few games he wouldn't be coming to us.

6 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Interesting.

Makes me think we (probably already are) should take a look at all these huge squads around Europe, bound to be hundreds of gems?

It sounds like the trialist goalkeeper was from Bayern, so that could well be what we've started to do

8 minutes ago, brad blit said:

It sounds like he is definitely a decent target for our level and to be honest I have trust in the people making this decisions during this transfer window from a talent spotting point of view. My only comment would be the quoted figures of 3 million (euros or pounds?) seem like they could be on the high side.

4 hours ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Do you also believe England are actually the best team in Europe because we beat Portgual just 6 weeks ago? 

...beat Portugal, and Wales, France and Germany, since March. The four semi-finalists. There must be a team in that England squad somewhere, if only someone could just..........

33 minutes ago, DaveF said:

That video makes him look awful.

This must be a good sign. Usually agents send managers videos of their players where they look fantastic. When they actually play they are awful. Here we have a player who looks awful on a video, therefore he must be good. (Sorryy if this is Gas logic, but I've been reading too much of Philgas on the Rovers thread)

2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

This must be a good sign. Usually agents send managers videos of their players where they look fantastic. When they actually play they are awful. Here we have a player who looks awful on a video, therefor he must be good. (Sorry if this is Gas logic, but I've been reading too much of Philgas on the Rovers thread)

#gaslogic. Go sit in the corner.

Archived