IGNORED

Hordur "Hodor" Magnusson - Signed

Rocky

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`s talking about the official announcement, not the signing.

Ok well I may be wrong but Iceland only got knocked out of the euros just over a week ago. The player will probably be on holiday and the club would want to announce it with an interview ,shirt photos etc etc. I can't see it being before next week. Never know though . 

2 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

*cough* awaiting international clearance *cough*

Could be, I hadn`t thought of that. I`m not sure how Icelandic players are treated - they`re not in the EU but are in the EEA and for that they have to sign up for a lot of the regulations, one of which is the freedom of movement one I think. Only going by what we`re going to have to do when we Brexit mind!

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Seem to have read an awful lot about Magnusson without really learning much at all about the player himself.

Does anyone know what sort of player we're getting for our $3m? A cultured centre back happy with the ball at his feet? Or a commanding ball-winner who likes to put a foot in? Is he capable of playing in other positions?

Apparently athletic, strong CB but can also play at LB. Aged 23 

videos I have seen of him shows he reads the game well and gets stuck in to tackles. Also part of the Iceland squad at Euros 

played for Cesena in Serie A and B on loan from Juve

Not usually one who gets excited about signing a defender but how often do you hear little Bristol City signing a player direct from european giants Juventus?!

Only thing I have heard so far that I don't like is 'can play left back'. I hope that isn't the same as Derek Williams can play left back!

This promises to be a great signing so fingers crossed it turns out that way.

24 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

*cough* awaiting international clearance *cough*

Iceland not in the EU ? We've one foot out of the EU so how do we stand  ....... and no one say awkwardly please !!

22 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Fishermans Friend?

Glad you didn't say suck on a fisherman's friend, Rudolf's head would have exploded !!

50 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

I never came out claiming to be ITK just was told to keep my eyes on the website today in regards to Hordur - so I passed on! 

Fair play to you, although it's not been announced today, you've clearly had some decent Inside info. He looks almost certain to sign in the next few days

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Just seen one of the videos. Looked composed , good positioning , good in the air , times tackles well. Played a lot at left back in the one I watched 

Don't watch the other video, where they lose 3-1..suspect his Agent has been trying to delete it from the records, apart from the 35 yard free-kick.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Don't watch the other video, where they lose 3-1..suspect his Agent has been trying to delete it from the records, apart from the 35 yard free-kick.

If we do sign Magnusson and the trialists then we will have Tomlin, Brownhill, Magnusson and the trial goalkeeper who are all capable of scoring freekicks!

38 minutes ago, City169 said:

If we do sign Magnusson and the trialists then we will have Tomlin, Brownhill, Magnusson and the trial goalkeeper who are all capable of scoring freekicks!

Have heard that the two trialists more than likely won't turn permanent - not deemed good enough but are be given the Yeovil game 

5 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Have heard that the two trialists more than likely won't turn permanent - not deemed good enough but are be given the Yeovil game 

Fair enough, would have been hard to assess the goalkeeper from the Hengrove game, but I suppose Johnson and the coaches get to see him every day in training too

Bloody excited about this one. Good feeling about all these transfers. Always fun to buy from someone so big too. 

Also I'm sure many many teams will be doing the Iceland chant after the euros.. Does this mean we can do it legitimately? WHOOOO-AHHH

17 minutes ago, City169 said:

Fair enough, would have been hard to assess the goalkeeper from the Hengrove game, but I suppose Johnson and the coaches get to see him every day in training too

Agree that it would be hard to asses based on a game like the community trust but as you said seeing them day in day out in training they would have a pretty good idea. They've been with the club since preseason started so I'll trust their judgement.

4 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Agree that it would be hard to asses based on a game like the community trust but as you said seeing them day in day out in training they would have a pretty good idea. They've been with the club since preseason started so I'll trust their judgement.

I think the Major mentioned something about this earlier.

7 hours ago, Fjmcity said:

Bloody excited about this one. Good feeling about all these transfers. Always fun to buy from someone so big too. 

Also I'm sure many many teams will be doing the Iceland chant after the euros.. Does this mean we can do it legitimately? WHOOOO-AHHH

No

20 hours ago, Iron Man said:

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

"Ahead of trip to La Manga next weekend"

Is that because of International Registration?  Are they using Air Mail?

The delay is prob because of the Euro's

13 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

So, not long after RedM posts that she's been told it's a done deal, AS tweets the same!!

Spooky.

Has anyone ever seen RedM and Stockhausen in the same room at the same time?!:shocking:

Archived