IGNORED

Hordur "Hodor" Magnusson - Signed

Rocky

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Still like us to go back in for Pearce, assuming Baker is a no-go.  Be a good squad player of vast experience and right attitude.

Yeah - not sure how Pearce would feel given he didn't play much but I reckon, with a pre-season behind him and a bit of confidence, he'd be pushing for a first team place. 

20 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Time will tell. I did apologise, however if you would prefer I can shut and not post

You sound like me. You hear things and if they don't happen you are doubted ,at the time of posting my info is good but as we know even after a player is photographed holding up a shirt, it can all go wrong. There is all sorts of rumour and smoke and mirrors on here. Some for attention, some for info. 

I hear lots but tend to only put things on here when the info is already 'out there'. I respect my sources. 

36 minutes ago, RedM said:

Of course I know that, why'd ya think I said it :laughcont:

With all the talk of forum fascists, you can never be too careful - fifth columnists could be anywhere!

5 minutes ago, downendcity said:

With all the talk of forum fascists, you can never be too careful - fifth columnists could be anywhere!

Fifth columnists > fifth columns > five columns > five pillars.....it's all making sense now :shifty:

3 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Not worried or anything but what is it with this club holding back on deals? If I was the club I'd do everything to show the fans that we're really giving it a go this season

If you were chasing two players and one of the club's heard you were paying €3m for a player, yet pleading poverty with them, you might not want that club to know how much of a transfer kitt you had.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If you were chasing two players and one of the club's heard you were paying €3m for a player, yet pleading poverty with them, you might not want that club to know how much of a transfer kitt you had.

I think it's out in the public domain how much we're spending on Hordor now. Everyone knows Lansdowns wealth you'd think.

5 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Not worried or anything but what is it with this club holding back on deals? If I was the club I'd do everything to show the fans that we're really giving it a go this season

Why would the timing of an announcement during pre-season have any bearing on whether we're "giving it a go" this season?

I think it's out in the public domain how much we're spending on Hordor now. Everyone knows Lansdowns wealth you'd think.

Lansdowns wealth not the clubs

also the club will announce it when it's officially completed and not before

It is in the public domain, but might not have been if / when we may or may not have agreed a fee with Oxford, e.g.  We've just spent £2.5m on LT, can we do less up front and more in stages or future deal etc.

Yes, everyone know's SL's wealth, but he can't spend infinite amounts on City....there's FFP to consider, which allows him to cover losses....there still has to be some balancing of the books with money in and money out.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

It is in the public domain, but might not have been if / when we may or may not have agreed a fee with Oxford, e.g.  We've just spent £2.5m on LT, can we do less up front and more in stages or future deal etc.

Yes, everyone know's SL's wealth, but he can't spend infinite amounts on City....there's FFP to consider, which allows him to cover losses....there still has to be some balancing of the books with money in and money out.

The transfer fees aren't part of FFP rules are they?

i thought it was just wages

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

No but neither were the club if I remember correctly. Everyone knows we like to do the interview etc. Just chill out 

Im chilled don't worry. The squad were away ( i forget where) and Jimmy was in France with a City shirt iirc. Whether he's away or not I'm sure it will be announced soon.

4 minutes ago, Sargent Pepper said:

Im chilled don't worry. The squad were away ( i forget where) and Jimmy was in France with a City shirt iirc. Whether he's away or not I'm sure it will be announced soon.

Either way I've seen enough evidence to be convinced it's done. Last season everyone was panicking because we hadn't signed anyone and Jimmy couldn't speak English so no need for the interview . 

15 minutes ago, INCRED said:

The transfer fees aren't part of FFP rules are they?

i thought it was just wages

Google FFP and Championship

Then Google FFP and League One 

The rules are different....as they are again for The Premier League.

5 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Probs get ridiculed for this but thought I would share anyway - he was at the training ground on Friday and met the squad 

I'm not going to ridicule you as you have been very confident that this will happen, can I just ask where you got this info? Were you at the training ground or do you know someone at the club?

5 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Probs get ridiculed for this but thought I would share anyway - he was at the training ground on Friday and met the squad 

Thanks for sharing, certainly sounds as though it is all sorted given all the reports, just waiting for the slowest media team in the country to catch up by the sounds of it

Archived