IGNORED

Hordur "Hodor" Magnusson - Signed

Rocky

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Google FFP and Championship

Then Google FFP and League One 

The rules are different....as they are again for The Premier League.

So 2016/17 onwards any club can make a running loss of up to £39m over 3 years.

easy for SL to get round that then as he would just issue more shares for him to buy to manage any potential loss as he's done previously?

Just browsing the twitter world, can see yesterday LJ liked a tweet about this fellas performances at Euro 2016. 

I know, I know, it does not really mean anything and my first shock was, that this has not been posted on here. But then I did a quick search of this Polish chap, it looks like he is available from Legia Warsaw for around £2.5m and some Prem & Championship sides have been tracking him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-clubs-monitor-polands-8256159

Maybe we have chosen to go with Hordur Magnusson instead, probably because of the age thing but sounds like this guy is a solid defender.

3 minutes ago, chowie said:

Just browsing the twitter world, can see yesterday LJ liked a tweet about this fellas performances at Euro 2016. 

I know, I know, it does not really mean anything and my first shock was, that this has not been posted on here. But then I did a quick search of this Polish chap, it looks like he is available from Legia Warsaw for around £2.5m and some Prem & Championship sides have been tracking him.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/premier-league-clubs-monitor-polands-8256159

Maybe we have chosen to go with Hordur Magnusson instead, probably because of the age thing but sounds like this guy is a solid defender.

Should've started a new thread, another 10+ pager guaranteed!

Bit more info here in Italian press translated by Google hence the poor translation but looks like done deal

http://www.webcalcio.net/juve-arrivano-2-5-milioni-euro-dalla-cessione-magnusson-30116/

Good news for Juventus to get a good sum in the transaction and records a great gain that leadsHördur Magnússon at Bristol City . The Icelandic defender is a new club player who played in the Championship, the "second class" English. Magnusson, who grew up in the youth of Juventus had never been employed with Juventus in the first team last year in Serie B at Cesena with which two years ago has also made his debut in Serie A totaling 12 appearances and one goal in the top flight.

This was reported by TMW and by almost done, really it lacks only the official. Between the player and his new club has been reached for a three-year contract agreement. Juventus 2.5 million euro, a really good figure for a player who was released a few years the orbit first team Juventina. Another masterpiece Guild and company, as usual, show very strong in terms of the market.

5 hours ago, Saunders87 said:

Time will tell. I did apologise, however if you would prefer I can shut and not post

No one is accusing you of anything thanks for sharing but intriguing to know where your Infos from because at the start of this tread you admittedly knew nothing about this transfer.  

You're stockhausen ain't you , come on own up :shifty:

45 minutes ago, chowie said:

Either that or we're signing him as well and Flint is off...

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We need two centre halves anyway. We only got one good enough at this level at the moment 

Competitive squad is what we need, across all positions. No danger in any player being kept on their toes!

2 minutes ago, simon uk said:

I remember thinking that pozdan looked a beast. Are we really likely to spend 5 million on 2 centre backs though unless flint is off? Good spot by whoever saw it on twitter though!!!

Which is why I mentioned it. No doubt we could do with further cover but not for that amount of money. 

1 hour ago, Crackers Corner said:

Bit more info here in Italian press translated by Google hence the poor translation but looks like done deal

http://www.webcalcio.net/juve-arrivano-2-5-milioni-euro-dalla-cessione-magnusson-30116/

Good news for Juventus to get a good sum in the transaction and records a great gain that leadsHördur Magnússon at Bristol City . The Icelandic defender is a new club player who played in the Championship, the "second class" English. Magnusson, who grew up in the youth of Juventus had never been employed with Juventus in the first team last year in Serie B at Cesena with which two years ago has also made his debut in Serie A totaling 12 appearances and one goal in the top flight.

This was reported by TMW and by almost done, really it lacks only the official. Between the player and his new club has been reached for a three-year contract agreement. Juventus 2.5 million euro, a really good figure for a player who was released a few years the orbit first team Juventina. Another masterpiece Guild and company, as usual, show very strong in terms of the market.

Who wrote that? Yoda?

I reckon 5 million on two CB's would be  great business. You win leagues with a great defence as we know we will score goals. Add in O'Neil next to Korey and maybe we are solid in front of them too. Bryan, Tomlin, someone new and Kodjia to do the damage at the other end. Sounds like a great plan. All league winning teams keep clean sheets.

29 minutes ago, Clarky89 said:

My favourite chapter in Sir Alex's book is explaining how whenever he had to build a new team he would spend huge amounts on two central defenders before anything else and that his best teams had the best defenders.

Good teams are always strong through the middle. Good goalkeeper, central defenders, central midfielders, centre forward. Having a strong defence & midfield puts pressure on the opposition as they find it difficult to score. They then have to push forward more and the team loses shape. 

Archived