IGNORED

Hordur "Hodor" Magnusson - Signed

Rocky

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wasn't that a reply to Nick Powell tweet?

10 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

Course he does. If it goes through, he loses no face. If it doesn't, he looks like Nostradamus. The kids International FA and their press officer, several Icelandic sports websites have said its done, while he himself is following the club (as well as the women's team and the stadium) on Twitter. Nixon is clearly a fairly well connected journalist, but doesn't seem able to say "I'm don't have any info on this, soz"

I imagine the delay is because we haven't been able to to any press shots with him on account of his being at the Euros and now probably being on holiday as he won't have had a break. My guess is that he meets the team at La Manga and the pressers are done there, unless the club just cut their losses on keeping it quiet

To be fair he offered an opinion, he didn't say it was a fact. 

He said we are chasing other people so he suspects Hodur isn't a done deal yet. 

4 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

He doesn't have a clue then....

9 minutes ago, Iron Man said:

Ok, may have misread that chain.  Don't believe him though !

3 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

can someone recap, has nixon got anything right yet this season? I generally don't know

He's been more unreliable thus window than previously, and I think he's okay with the northern clubs where he has done contacts.  Don't think Iceland is his forte 

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He's been more unreliable thus window than previously, and I think he's okay with the northern clubs where he has done contacts.  Don't think Iceland is his forte 

cheers,

Ali durdin is the man I trust, if he's tweeted it then its happening

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

We need two centre-backs in any case.  I'd expect us to be chasing another defender whether that was happening or not. 

Still like us to go back in for Pearce, assuming Baker is a no-go.  Be a good squad player of vast experience and right attitude.

To be fair to anyone from outside the club, they only have certain sources,i.e.: this transfer is from left field (waits for someone to tell me its in fact Iceland), if he doesn't have any links in Iceland or the club then he's unlikely to know anything. Hopefully if he's heard we are looking for CB's then it is to complement Magnusson and the ones we have which is what i want to hear.

25 minutes ago, Selred said:

To be fair he offered an opinion, he didn't say it was a fact. 

He said we are chasing other people so he suspects Hodur isn't a done deal yet. 

To be fair, what he actually tweeted was a bit more nuanced. Just because we're chasing other players doesn't necessarily have any baring on the Magnusson deal

3 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

This deal is 100% done - as people have said Nixon is only putting two and two together based on the fact we are still chasing another centre half that it's not been finalised. He has on this occasion come up with 5 

aye and it was due to be announce yesterday ;)

7 minutes ago, chipdawg said:

If you say so Mrs S :thumbsup:

Btw I'm meeting hubby in the pub after work and he says I'm driving. Feel free to hassle him so we can bugger off on holiday again and you can sign some more players ;)

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

Btw I'm meeting hubby in the pub after work and he says I'm driving. Feel free to hassle him so we can bugger off on holiday again and you can sign some more players ;)

Meeting hubby in the pub? DEFINITELY Stockhausen then, good job you're driving though with his recent history! I'll email him and suggest a week or two in the costas; we'll have a whole new squad by the time you get back!!!

8 minutes ago, Saunders87 said:

Time will tell. I did apologise, however if you would prefer I can shut and not post

:robbored:

I'm joshing with you mate, I believe you and I'm sure you were given credible info but you're going to have to put up with a ribbing for a bit :)

Archived